2014 Trade/FA Discussions

Remove this Banner Ad

Ryder is under contract and as such will be far too expensive to trade for, especially as he doesn't really fill a hole regarding our needs.
So you don't give any credence to the possibility that Essendon players may be able to tear up their contracts due to ASADA-gate, thus becoming free agents?

Watching some YouTube videos is making me really look forward to having Ryder in our forward line next season. :thumbsu:

And if you don't think he's a significant upgrade on our current forwards you'll be pleasantly surprised.

Watching some YouTube videos is making me really look forward to having Ryder in our forward line next season. :thumbsu:

And if you don't think he's a significant upgrade on our current forwards you'll be pleasantly surprised.
Our current forwards are 19 and both look pretty decent for kids

Are those the ones posted by Ryderfan98, ILurvePaddyR or RyderaBomber4eva? They provide a nice balanced perspective. ;)

About as balanced as the Voss/Burns video posted by TheBrownDog many years ago that I've watched a dozen times.

Apparently Mitch Robinson has been told Carlton will trade him.

Any interest?

Yeah me neither.
I tried to think of something silly or funny he could do but I kept thinking "Nah Mitch would heck that up as well."

So you don't give any credence to the possibility that Essendon players may be able to tear up their contracts due to ASADA-gate, thus becoming free agents?

Not really. Until, and if, that happens (and if it happens before the trade period) I'm assuming that Ryder is contracted to Essendon until the end of 2016.

Not really. Until, and if, that happens (and if it happens before the trade period) I'm assuming that Ryder is contracted to Essendon until the end of 2016.
I'm not getting my hopes up (not even sure I want Ryder), but FWIW I don't think that's a safe assumption. We're in uncharted territory.

So he is a restricted free agent next year?

He's just uncontracted meaning trade or idle pre season draft threats.

The AFLPA wanted a review that would bring the requirement for free agents to be seven years and if that was installed then he would be a free agent at the end of next year but lot of water to go under the bridge first.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not getting my hopes up (not even sure I want Ryder), but FWIW I don't think that's a safe assumption. We're in uncharted territory.

And as such, for this trade period, we should assume that Ryder is contracted to Essendon until the end of 2016. That's the current situation and there's little indication that will necessarily change before the conclusion of the upcoming trade period.

In my view, anything else is just pure speculation and possibly wishful thinking. :)

I don't think his previous problems would sit well with Leppa. A resounding NO from me.

100% agree. Leppa seems like someone who wouldn't tolerate his s**t. Plus why get him into a club that's young, seems to love being there and starting to create a new culture. Mitch seems like a guy that can f$&k up a culture. Like fev I guess. Harsh words but true

Can someone also please answer why the hell we are going after Ryder????

He is contracted

We have two good ruck already

He is from w.a

We need a forward

We need a defender

Sorry to say it but he could be facing a two year ban also

And as such, for this trade period, we should assume that Ryder is contracted to Essendon until the end of 2016. That's the current situation and there's little indication that will necessarily change before the conclusion of the upcoming trade period.

In my view, anything else is just pure speculation and possibly wishful thinking. :)
I was a fool to think you'd wander from black and white absolutes. :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back