2014 Trade/FA Discussions

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't see why we'd bother, we'd ve lucky to get a pick in the 20s for Merrett I think.

I wonder if this helps Maguire's cause or Leppa wants most of the older blokes gone.
It would have to help it.
Lets not buy into Greg D. Line of thought that we're simply culling him...... Lets wait and see.

Picking up another top 20 pick might be enough to prize Dayne Beams from Collingwood if he desperately wants out. Pick 5 and 19 for Beams is fair compensation.
I don't think pick 5 and 19 is fair compensation for Beams. Pick 5 is more than fair. I rather trade pick 5 and 19 for Reid and Mitchell from Sydney. They both in the right age and we would get two good solid starting 22 players.

I think it was more on the lines of "Brisbane your dreaming" would have to be an offer EFC can't refuse for him to be traded.
Lol. Ryder approached the Lions, seeking a trade. Why would we pay overs for a player demanding a trade and has a ASADA case pending against him. Surely his value decreases and besides the club will have the best ruck combination in the league next season.

Lol. Ryder approached the Lions, seeking a trade. Why would we pay overs for a player demanding a trade and has a ASADA case pending against him. Surely his value decreases and besides the club will have the best ruck combination in the league next season.
Yeah but for how long??
How long can Luey last?

I can understand why the club is looking to trade Merrett. IMO we are looking for live draft picks as we might be planning on taking academy kids with all our picks.

The Australian, I have found are somewhat credible. So who knows.

Denham has a pretty shocking record.
Fair enough. They tend to get news other outlets don't get ie. Us going hard at Richardson and IIRC they knew about Richardson to St Kilda before others.

Collingwood need tall defenders... Pick 4 and Merrett for Beams.
Good deal, however seeing Merrett in a Collingwood jumper would be soul crushing. It would like a Daniel Merrett bump,hit or punch to my emotions.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd only be ok with it if it were a Dal Santo type scenario(what was reported anyway) In saying that, can't see it happening. I'm with the still a bit fragile train of thought.

From the Denham article:

Brisbane announced their first off-season cull with seven players cut, with further delistings expected

I am not sure we have anyone left to delist!

Brad Boyd hasn't signed a new contract with the dogs, thoughts?

I think we should grab him a highly rated clubman from all reports and will help ease the burden off RRR

No he hasn't, bit old now though ;)

Met Matty Boyd at Chadstone on Sunday, really nice guy. My daughter and his daughter were on a Peppa Pig ride together and had a little chat to him. Asked him if hes playing on next year, said he was.

If Rog were to go and he was the one who sought the trade, it wouldnt worry me TBH. He has been such a great player for this club, and a loyal clubman that if circumstances meant he finished elsewhere id be happy for him to do that. He deserves it. I dont want to lose him, but if he needed to move, I wouldnt hold it against him like I would if other players left. I think he has earnt that over his career.

In saying all that I dont believe for a second he wont be in Lions colours next year.

Brad Boyd hasn't signed a new contract with the dogs, thoughts?

I think we should grab him a highly rated clubman from all reports and will help ease the burden off RRR

Brad Boyd was indeed a highly rated club man.

One of my favourite all time Lions.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back