List Mgmt. 2015 AFL Draft - what type of players should we be looking at & who do we take? (Poll added)

Who would you select with our first round pick?

• Joshua Schache (VIC – KPF)

Votes: 57 12.8%
  • Jacob Weitering (VIC – KPD)

Votes: 349 78.3%
  • Aaron Francis (SA – DEF/FWD)

Votes: 6 1.3%
  • Charlie Curnow (VIC – KPF/MID)

Votes: 9 2.0%
  • Kieran Collins (VIC – KPD)

• Ryan Clarke (VIC – MID/FWD)

Votes: 7 1.6%
  • Darcy Parish (VIC – MID/DEF)

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems surprising with all the advances in medical science the last few years we have not mastered artificial cartilages.
They have tested things but nothing has been a perfect or even adequate replacement to date, that provides mobility and the lifespan/endurance required for an AFL style program. Hence too big a risk for mine.

Fev was 188.
Was watching a 90's game with a young Matthew Lloyd. He was listed at 186cm as a 17 year old. We all know the game has changed, but there's still a place for a lead up forward with good hands, regardless of size.

Walks kicked 50 for us not long ago in that role. Here's hoping he can emulate that again this year.

Todays wish list:

1. Weitering
2. McKay (Weidemen really because he is rated)
3. Milera
4. Clarke
I'd be happy with this Harker especially if it was Weideman and wouldn't be unhappy if we got Milera or Oliver with our 3rd pick. And I love Clarke cos he runs out games and does a bit of everything and in the TAC finals he really was the one getting Eastern Rangers into winnning positions. Reminds me of a young Daisy pre Blues days

I'd be happy with this Harker especially if it was Weideman and wouldn't be unhappy if we got Milera or Oliver with our 3rd pick. And I love Clarke cos he runs out games and does a bit of everything and in the TAC finals he really was the one getting Eastern Rangers into winnning positions. Reminds me of a young Daisy pre Blues days

I don't think he's anywhere near as clean as Daisy but he does seem to have the right chemistry to be a long-term footballer.

The guy is just all over the ground from start to finish and he can find the ball. Handy traits.

Yeah. It worked so well last time time we recruited nothing but KPPs.

Has Knightmare recently suffered any head trauma?

I believe we have a better recruiting team in place now and the chances of picking up a dud will be greatly reduced.

However, in that draft you refer to, GC had access to all of the cream, our first pick was at #18, our guys just happened to pick numpties that never made it.

I don't think he's anywhere near as clean as Daisy but he does seem to have the right chemistry to be a long-term footballer.

The guy is just all over the ground from start to finish and he can find the ball. Handy traits.

Do you know why other mids are rated higher than him, they all seem to have some negatives that people think with time can imorove i.e. poor tank, purely inside or outside etc..From all the write ups I have read on here and articles, Clarke is a good size, can run all day, has some pace, plays inside/outside likes to tackle and kick goals but disposal is inconsistent. Is it that bad he will never make it at AFL level, would he be similar to someone like army?

Not that we have to worry about it but we won't be selecting four talls in the top 20......and three of them being firstly and fore-mostly KP back-men.
You don't waste your picks that way................................we'll find another way to waste them :)

2 talls.....2 mids...........take it to the bank.........says Robbo.

Most people would think so. There's too many variables I believe to say we will pick 2 and 2.
SOS has publicly stated this rebuild will take 66 games. If pick 8 comes along and Weideman, Francis, McKay, Balic, Mathieson are available, sos will choose one of Weideman or Francis. And if one of them is still sitting there 2 picks later, I'd doubt he would choose one of those mids ahead of Francis, Weideman and McKay.

Most people would think so. There's too many variables I believe to say we will pick 2 and 2.
SOS has publicly stated this rebuild will take 66 games. If pick 8 comes along and Weideman, Francis, McKay, Balic, Mathieson are available, sos will choose one of Weideman or Francis. And if one of them is still sitting there 2 picks later, I'd doubt he would choose one of those mids ahead of Francis, Weideman and McKay.

No doubt. The one variable we can't speculate on though, is what we have in store for next year.
Some seeds would have already be sown and dialogue between SOS and managers and clubs, opened up.

Given the likelihood of the number one nailed down and that being a KPD, you just can't see us then reaching for another 2 KD's in the one year..............it just doesn't make sense. Spread the load around the ground and give those kids the right environment to develop in............and then do it again next year..........and then start targeting major players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do you know why other mids are rated higher than him, they all seem to have some negatives that people think with time can imorove i.e. poor tank, purely inside or outside etc..From all the write ups I have read on here and articles, Clarke is a good size, can run all day, has some pace, plays inside/outside likes to tackle and kick goals but disposal is inconsistent. Is it that bad he will never make it at AFL level, would he be similar to someone like army?

Every player will have some negatives thrust upon them..........Selwood did, Fyfe did, Dangerfield did etc.

The know on Clarke is disposal but I must have got him on his good days because it looked fine to me. Would be very happy to get him at #19

No doubt. The one variable we can't speculate on though, is what we have in store for next year.
Some seeds would have already be sown and dialogue between SOS and managers and clubs, opened up.

Given the likelihood of the number one nailed down and that being a KPD, you just can't see us then reaching for another 2 KD's in the one year..............it just doesn't make sense. Spread the load around the ground and give those kids the right environment to develop in............and then do it again next year..........and then start targeting major players.

So we aren't taking it to the bank then? I wouldn't say taking Collins and McKay number 2 reaching. Jamison and Rowe will be gone soon enough, Jaksch will probably play forward in 2016. Sure up our backline if the players are deemed worthy for the pick. A few years of development and a gun or 3 mids next year and we are in track for the 66 game rebuild.

Hope Essendon use picks 4 and 5 to get the two Bros, but it is bloody unlikely:rolleyes:.
Do not want deluded * fans at CFC:mad:.
Also do not want projects. We have the 4 very good selections lets get 4 high value guys who have already shown they can play.
Much prefer Collins to H. McKay - as he is already one of the two best key backs, is an immediate replacement for Jamo to train up, and knows Weitering so well. Combination would be fantastic. Plus he beat Weideman and Schache in one on one match ups. Tough choice at pick #11 between Collins, Oliver and reaching for Gresham (and I do not like reaching). Doubt Collins will last to #19:(
I would guess that SOS will be our project pick

So we aren't taking it to the bank then? I wouldn't say taking Collins and McKay number 2 reaching. Jamison and Rowe will be gone soon enough, Jaksch will probably play forward in 2016. Sure up our backline if the players are deemed worthy for the pick. A few years of development and a gun or 3 mids next year and we are in track for the 66 game rebuild.

So we'd have three KP back-men (if you're talking Knightmare's picks) taken at the expense of needed run and ball carrying ability.

That's a reach whichever way you look at it. Why would we take three when realistically we can't be playing more than one for now and three.......never.

So we'd have three KP back-men (if you're talking Knightmare's picks) taken at the expense of needed run and ball carrying ability.

That's a reach whichever way you look at it. Why would we take three when realistically we can't be playing more than one for now and three.......never.

As mentioned, Jamison and Rowe won't be around much longer. I'm not a huge fan of knightmares phantom. I'm dying to get Francis and if Weideman was available somewhere, I'd love to get him. I'm more about 3 key players and 1 mid this year. If there's a gun KPP at any of our picks I'd hope sos pulls the trigger. We brought in a few mid through trades this year and I expect us to finish last. May as well give some game time to key players.

I wouldn't say taking Collins and McKay number 2 reaching.

Plenty would, if you follow back 223 pages. ;)

I guess it depends how people rank Jaksch and Plowman. I don't see Kris as a power forward, nor Lachie as an onballer.

So if both, along with Jacob W play defense for the next decade, prioritizing a 2nd backman with a top 20 pick doesn't make sense.

And I believe there are a several tall defenders as project players for the rookie draft.

Why wouldn't the Blues take the best FP forward with pick 1 instead of the best KP back?

They can still land a quality KP back (Collins) with a later pick.

Big forward win games and are hard to find.

I saw the votes on here were weighted big time towards Weitering.

Best player
Why wouldn't the Blues take the best FP forward with pick 1 instead of the best KP back?

Because, you always go the best player. Also, Weitering has kicked goals when he has gone forward

If we are confident of securing Tomlinson in next years trade period then would we be better served drafting only two talls this draft and not 3-4?

Still contracted. If they didn't give him up for pick 11 this year, another year of development and they'll be asking for a top 5 pick. I kinda hope that ship has sailed unfortunately

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back