2016/17 Perth Glory Thread-20 Years of Glory..Castro for Premier!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was our best win since the 2012 PF in Gosford. Bossed it and a win for those who had stood by the side through briefy thick and most of the time thin.

Brosque coming out trying to bully us in the Sydney-centric media makes my piss boil. I don't care if we get done by Victory or Roar in the GF if it means putting Arnold and his arrogant side out on their arse.

Okay.............so season review?

Disappointing and underwhelming.

Probably the best squad on paper that the Glory has ever had and all we managed was 5th place and a 3-0 semi-final loss. I think it's time for us to seriously look at getting a new coach because Kenny is clearly not the guy to take us to the promised land.

Risdon is gone, I hope we do everything in our power to keep Castro, because with both of them out next year we are almost certain to miss finals.

Taggart is deadwood. Keogh is inconsistent AF but he needs a decent partner up there with him, Tags is not it.

Just feel pretty flat. So much promise leading into the season only for it all to be extinguished by the same old Glory crap.

I strongly feel this season plays out a bit differently if we had our Grant and Lowry fit most of the season and if we had Mills coming into the finals. If we had a back 4 of Risdon, Grant, Lowry, and Mills for the vast majority of the season and finals then I honestly feel top 2 was achievable. There is no way we ship as many goals as we did.

Kenny does need to take blame for tonight starting Richie and Chianese. They were attrocious in the first half with Chianese constantly turning the ball over and the Sydney midfield going around Garcia with ease. You have Wilson, Williams, and Harold on the bench and you can't tell me 2 of those 3 are not better options.

Would have been good depth personally but hope we promote Jacob Iredale as backup to Grant and Lowry.

Some of the players could take a leaf out of his book when it comes to professionalism and passion. Say what you want about him but he was always great with fans and threw his body on the line.

Not surprised Dino is on his way. Was exposed more often than not this season. Did well against City because they're so terrible. Probably end up at that Bosnian club in Beechboro (or the Mariners or Jets..)

I strongly feel this season plays out a bit differently if we had our Grant and Lowry fit most of the season and if we had Mills coming into the finals. If we had a back 4 of Risdon, Grant, Lowry, and Mills for the vast majority of the season and finals then I honestly feel top 2 was achievable. There is no way we ship as many goals as we did.

Kenny does need to take blame for tonight starting Richie and Chianese. They were attrocious in the first half with Chianese constantly turning the ball over and the Sydney midfield going around Garcia with ease. You have Wilson, Williams, and Harold on the bench and you can't tell me 2 of those 3 are not better options.

Lowry and Grant being injured did curtail a lot of our season as did Mills' inability to stay fit. If we can somehow convince Castro to go around one more time then we have the core of the team from this year with the exception of Risdon (who is replaced by Neville anyway). Williams can do as far as I'm concerned. Expected more maturity from him.

Williams is a classic reputation over output player.

I'll admit I don't follow as closely as I should but when I tuned in the other week and saw Garcia still playing I nearly spat out my coffee/beer/whatever I was drinking. Chianese is meh. Not sure how he made it into the starting XI. I don't think we ever really needed Taggart but since he was available we tried to squeeze him in. At least he, Keogh and Castro all started scoring goals as a front 3.

With Castro Keogh Taggart Harold Marinkovic we had too many front third attacking options, and Marinkovic and Harold ended up on the bench. Need another Rostyn Griffiths to control things in the middle of the park.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Doubtful Nebo will be given another deal. Garcia was running around because we had a slew of injuries and he stepped in, played well and kept his spot. Just came undone when it mattered after dominating a poor City side the previous two weeks. Wilson will definately be in that role next season with Griffiths. Taggart plays an important role with Castro and Keogh with their link up play and is an important player. Did more than enough for me this season.

If you believe The West, Castro is expected to re-sign.

18268172_1342715752491584_7729574481720022216_n.jpg

Dale Miller is normally on the ball. Would be great if he stayed on for one more season. It's not just on the field but also shows that harmony is perhaps there with the players and coaching staff and we're pulling in the same direction for the most part. Rhys Williams may be an exception of course.

Just need some good quality Cb
A decent keeper and a decent defensive midfielder and we are sorted.

Reddy is fine and we have 2 quality CBs. I agree Rostyn needs a hand in midfield. If only we kept Vadocz and Sandor.

Reddy is fine and we have 2 quality CBs. I agree Rostyn needs a hand in midfield. If only we kept Vadocz and Sandor.
As for Reddy, not sold on him.
I agree with two decent cb, but we need depth.
We were right at the start with our squad choice but didnt execute our squad rotation when the season commenced,so players left.
Oxborrow needs to come on.

Not too happy about re-signing Chianese but I'm fine with Reddy staying. I'm glad Nebo is off but I'd be fine if the club tried to sign Goian on a permanent basis as I felt he was pretty good and would be a solid 3rd choice.

18519594_1118816924889321_8506163148976429372_n.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back