List Mgmt. 2016 Draft Prospects(Poll Added)

Which player do you want at our first & second pick?

• Daniel Venables

Votes: 14 9.2%
  • Will Hayward

Votes: 20 13.2%
  • Jy Simpkin

Votes: 15 9.9%
  • Sam Powell-Pepper

Votes: 7 4.6%
  • Shai Bolton

Votes: 9 5.9%
  • Zach Sproule

Votes: 3 2.0%
  • Harrison Macreadie

Votes: 8 5.3%
  • Todd Marshall

Votes: 38 25.0%
  • Jarrod Berry

Votes: 19 12.5%
  • Jordan Galluci

• Oliver Florent

Votes: 12 7.9%
  • Jack Scrimshaw

• Luke Ryan

• Josh Battle

Votes: 25 16.4%
  • Willem Drew

Votes: 3 2.0%
  • Jack Maibum

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Joe Atley

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Tim English

Votes: 31 20.4%
  • Josh Rotham

• Patrick Kerr

Votes: 4 2.6%
  • Alex Witherden

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Brennan Cox

Votes: 6 3.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Cameron was no super star . Good footballer but that's it.
What I find amusing about the Giants right now , they carry on with all this macho bs.
All the things Cameron was not. Best way I can describe the way he played - exact opposite to C Smith.

Wrong. Leon would be a blue chip star if playing today. Don't let his Richmond years cloud your judgement.

Late mail seems to be that English will be an Eagle, with their first choice Berry to be off the board prior to that.

Cedric Cox may also be gone before our pick (likely Adelaide).

It's not looking impossible for Hayward to be available anymore, depending on which mail you believe...

Where's this late mail from? I really hope English slips to us, but he probably won't be ready for 2-3 years so I selfishly wouldn't mind getting a player that can impact straight away to help us go back-to-back.
Cox, Ryan, SPP and Venables all have AFL bodies and could all line up in rd1.

Don't know a hell of a lot about this year's draftees, didn't get a chance to watch any U18 football this year, so really don't know much more than what I've read on phantom drafts.

Not convinced on either English or Marshall but at pick 19 both seem to have enough upside to be worth a punt. Seem to be the clear number 1 ruck and number 1 KPF on this draft.

English I worry that he is too skinny and like many before him he might lose some of that agility and pace when he bulks up. The upside is that he is a really great mover which is the way we like our rucks.

With KPF the ones who dominate at underage level seem to be able to transition into AFL level easier. Those who struggle, like Marshall did, seem to take a while to make it or never really do. Happy to take the risk on a guy who people thought would be top 5 at the start of the year. We're still in need for key position players so I'd be more than happy if either slipped to 19.

Not sure what's going to happen after our first pick. Hoping we continue to add good ball users. I've got complete faith in Dalrymple and our recruiting team, so no matter what happens tonight I'll be pretty content with our selections.

Wrong. Leon would be a blue chip star if playing today. Don't let his Richmond years cloud your judgement.
Yeah, Leon was a very good player. Won our best and fairest in a Preliminary Final year at the age of 21.

Edit. He won it in 1993, the year we didn't play finals.

Dalrymple seems to like going for players who are athletes - those who perform well at the Combine.

Marshall and Cedric Cox don't fit that criteria.

Not really. Just off the top of my head Stringer, Macrae, McLean, Hrovat, Roberts, Talia tested poor to average at the combine. Dalrymple tends to look at the athletes later in the rookie draft.

Late mail seems to be that English will be an Eagle, with their first choice Berry to be off the board prior to that.

Cedric Cox may also be gone before our pick (likely Adelaide).

It's not looking impossible for Hayward to be available anymore, depending on which mail you believe...
Berry to GC then? Good pick for them I reckon. Or could see Sydney liking him too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't try to essentialise the choices of a very nuanced operator, and our very own John West.

He'll pick the best available for our purposes. He won't just pick an athelete or a natural footballer due to an inherent tendency to do so. He'll assess the context carefully and take into consideration all relevant variables.

Don't try to essentialise the choices of a very nuanced operator, and our very own John West.

He'll pick the best available for our purposes. He won't just pick an athelete or a natural footballer due to an inherent tendency to do so. He'll assess the context carefully and take into consideration all relevant variables.

And in summary.

Best available.

We were hardly in the depths of despair when he left.
Said he was a good AFL footballer , but you are on drugs if you think he was a super star.

I don't disagree with you there, but Dogs are very keen. Not just a case of I'm guessing, I know from the horses mouth as they say. They know he doesn't get through to their second as both Dons and later Cats that have both said they'll take if available. Things change but just letting you know. People are on the right track here mentioning his name.
See what I meant though? I do appreciate you bringing mail here though, always happy to hear it.

Back