No Oppo Supporters 2016 General AFL Discussion Part 2 (Sydney Posters Only)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

The truth must have hurt for Champion Data

It's not Champion Data's fault that we hear too much from David King in the media.

If you apply the Franklin contract principle then yes.
Isuspect the GC just realised this as well hence the change of heart

Double edged sword. Coz an even bigger POS might be crowned

If the AFL were going to give Cotchin/Mitchell the medal they would have already done so.
I think they will leave it blank, or do something like Watson* and in teeny tiny writing down the very bottom of a very long page note that Jobe gave it back with no mention of guilty findings or PEDs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just bought my membership :D cadsky don't need your generosity for next years grand final! Can't say how awesome that membership barcode was despite the result.

I have a free ticket to the MCG for one match with it. Would be keen to make a day of it with the Melbourne-based members at some point......

Last edited:
Essendon compromised the voting that year because 22 games of counting would be considered ineligible. Just leave it as no winner.

Essendon compromised the voting that year because 22 games of counting would be considered ineligible. Just leave it as no winner.
Mitchell and Cotchin are rightful winners.......no different to a player copping any sort of ban. As much as the two are not my favourite players they deserve the medals.

Just bought my membership :D cadsky don't need your generosity for next years grand final! Can't say how awesome that membership barcode was despite the result.

I have a free ticket to the MCG for one match with it. Would be keen to make a day of it with the Melbourne-based members at some point......

We usually have a meet up at some point throughout the yeat with a few sudney based supporters

Mitchell probably deserves a brownlow. Has been super consistent and has polled well over the years.

Cotchin had a good year in 2012 but he'd have to be one of the weakest brownlow medalists going around imo.

Mitchell probably deserves a brownlow. Has been super consistent and has polled well over the years.

Cotchin had a good year in 2012 but he'd have to be one of the weakest brownlow medalists going around imo.
Cotchin & Cooney imo

Here is the Top 10 of the 2012 Brownlow:
1. Watson 30
2. Cotchin 26
2. Mitchell 26
4. Swan 25
4. Thompson 25
6. Ablett 24
7. Dangerfield 23
8. Kennedy 19
8. Hayes 19
8. Beams 19

Here is the Top 10 of the 2012 Brownlow if all games Essendon played had 0 votes awarded:
1. Thompson 25 (0)
2. Mitchell 24 (-2)
3. Cotchin 23 (-3)
4. Dangerfield 21 (-2)
4. Ablett 21 (-3)
6. Kennedy 19 (0)
6. Beams 19 (0)
6. Hayes 19 (0)
6. Swan 19 (-6)
10. S Selwood 15 (0)
10. K Jack 15 (0)

Last edited:
Here is the Top 10 of the 2012 Brownlow:
1. Watson 30
2. Cotchin 26
2. Mitchell 26
4. Swan 25
4. Thompson 25
6. Ablett 24
7. Dangerfield 23
8. Kennedy 19
8. Hayes 19
8. Beams 19

Here is the Top 10 of the 2012 Brownlow if all games Essendon played had 0 votes awarded:
1. Thompson 25 (0)
2. Mitchell 24 (-2)
3. Cotchin 23 (-3)
4. Dangerfield 21 (-2)
4. Ablett 21 (-3)
6. Kennedy 19 (0)
6. Beams 19 (0)
6. Hayes 19 (0)
6. Swan 19 (-6)
10. S Selwood 15 (0)
10. K Jack 15 (0)

Problem with that is, Mitchell and cotchin polled votes in games against Essendon so rather than deducting thier votes they could have potentially polled higher if Essendon players were given 0 and the others bumped up the order.

It would be difficult to work out. But even going off that list Mitchell and cotchin would still have won the brownlow. It wouldn't be fair to strip them of votes considering they scored them against cheats. If anything they should be worth more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back