List Mgmt. 2016 List Management: Contracts, Trading, Drafting, Academy

Remove this Banner Ad

There coming as they know injuries occur and there a chance to play in a premiership with us.Thats a big carrot for players who have been close before.We may have been the only premiership contender who was interested in them.

Can't compare these two to Barrett.He never even stood out at NEAFL level.Mzungu and MDB will get games for us if we get a few injuries.

Now Patf
Here we go rookie draft commencing!

Pick 15: tendai M'Zungu

Pick 32: Joel Patfull!!!! Welcome back!!!

Pick 47: Pass!!! What a champion!!

Pick 52: Max Lynch!

What the hell happened to sproule??

Sproule like other prelisted guys just get named at the end of the draft, and Lynch actually went to the pies

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They really need to change the name of the Rookie list to the Supplimentary List.

Mzungu and Reid are hardly "rookies"

I wouldn't want to be on Essendon's "Supplimentary List" though... as much as I hate making jokes about their ridiculous ASADA saga and all, I could not resist this one.

During the trade period we lost two players from our preliminary final team (when almost injury free).
Patfull, will be missed but Buntine covers that hole with a huge +, backed up by Corr and Mohr
Palmer, replaced Stevie J and with all due respect to Rhys, we were poorer for it.

This isn't a team that needs to be a retirement village any longer.

Deledio is a huge in, and pushes a quality mid out to play back or fwd long term whilst replacing Lachie short term.
All other pickups this year will play mostly NEAFL, with opportunity given to Taranto, Setterfield, Perryman especially, without them being key squad members.

M Kennedy, Buntine, Hopper, A Kennedy, HH, Corr and Mohr will all be pushing for firsts opportunities at every chance.
Flynn, Downie and Finlayson will be desperate to show their wares.

The rest, including alleged potatos from another club aren't depth, they are where you go when your depth has run out

De Boer is 26. He played 138 games for a very good Fremantle team, and you would think he can continue at a similar level. He wasn't a great player, but he was a reliable team contributor.

With an average injury run, De Boer can easily play 15 games in that 18th-22nd picked zone.

With a perfect injury run like this year, I would say there is still a chance he plays a bunch of games. We know the coach likes him.

It might even be a good influence. "Dear (say) Harry, we select on intensity & performance, not on talent. When your intensity is as good as that guy *points to De Boer* then you will be considered for selection."

Remove this Banner Ad

Back