List Mgmt. 2016 List Management: Contracts, Trading, Drafting, Academy

Remove this Banner Ad

Kinda sad if he hasn't nominated a club and just looking for a spot on a list. On other boards I've noticed interest though hope that goes for the clubs . Wish him well of course

I really hope it's not Carlton. That's just taking the whole WSU Blues to new and depressing depths.

North would be a good fit moving Petrie on and, correct me if I'm wrong, but we've never traded with them before. Another first for the year?

I really hope it's not Carlton. That's just taking the whole WSU Blues to new and depressing depths.

North would be a good fit moving Petrie on and, correct me if I'm wrong, but we've never traded with them before. Another first for the year?

If I was him I'd go Essendon, they have a really good emerging list and he'd be a good secondary option to Daniher.

That said if he could help us secure a favourable pick I dont really mind where he goes.

Wish him well, he was a good clubman and I think he is popular amongst the players.

Hey guys, just wondering what you think of this trade for pick 1:
Essendon pick 1, 37, 55, 73 to GWS for 7, 15, 16 & james stewart

My read on gws is very keen on mcgrath (I hope dons take him if we don't trade pick1 btw) + just having enough points for setterfield, perryman and the other good academy lad. As a bomber i think we would accept but interested in your thoughts!

Cheers.

My read on gws is very keen on mcgrath (I hope dons take him if we don't trade pick1 btw) + just having enough points for setterfield, perryman and the other good academy lad. As a bomber i think we would accept but interested in your thoughts!

Cheers.

You want three first round picks for pick 1. Not going to happen.

Might want to have a read of the new points system too before suggesting trades with us. I suspect 37, 55 and 73 would all be lost by us so it's effectively 1 for 7, 15, 16 and Stewart.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Kinda sad if he hasn't nominated a club and just looking for a spot on a list. On other boards I've noticed interest though hope that goes for the clubs . Wish him well of course

He hasn't nominated a club but that's because he wants the highest/best bidder, not because he's just looking for a spot on a list. There'll be plenty of interested clubs - a young KPF doesn't move that often. Probably for a pick in the 30s or 40s, going off other examples.

I
He hasn't nominated a club but that's because he wants the highest/best bidder, not because he's just looking for a spot on a list. There'll be plenty of interested clubs - a young KPF doesn't move that often. Probably for a pick in the 30s or 40s, going off other examples.
Happy if I'm wrong on this one. His is still young. I would have thought his manager would have been making calls and testing the water though. Unless as you say he's trying to bid up.

I

Happy if I'm wrong on this one. His is still young. I would have thought his manager would have been making calls and testing the water though. Unless as you say he's trying to bid up.

Pretty sure he'd have a solid offer from one club - looks like Carlton at this stage - to lure him out.

But he'll see if Collingwood or whoever else will outbid them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cheers.

I doubt Essendon are trading number 1.

Clubs do this every year to establish value and to set benchmarks.

The value of number 1 is too great, which is why im still shocked Brisbane Lions threw it away but good on them for not tanking.

If I was him I'd go Essendon, they have a really good emerging list and he'd be a good secondary option to Daniher.

That said if he could help us secure a favourable pick I dont really mind where he goes.

Wish him well, he was a good clubman and I think he is popular amongst the players.

Yeah i agree Essendon is a pretty good fit for him and the role he could play. Would be concerned going to Carlton with their inability to develop talls, what they have done to Jascke is unbelievable.

You want three first round picks for pick 1. Not going to happen.

Might want to have a read of the new points system too before suggesting trades with us. I suspect 37, 55 and 73 would all be lost by us so it's effectively 1 for 7, 15, 16 and Stewart.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Well technically 15, 16 don't have as much real draft value to GWS because setterfield and perryman will be bid on around that number and you're probably only looking at taking 4 players in this years draft.

So if you can get enough points to match their bids through other picks and get McGrath in the door it'd be a big win, the way I see it anyway.

On reflection i'd take away pick 73 - only worth 9 points, you can use 33, 37, 55 for Setters, then probably get in a couple of 2nd rounders from either Steele/Hoskin-Elliot/McCarthy/Marchbank to get perryman.

I doubt Essendon are trading number 1.

Clubs do this every year to establish value and to set benchmarks.

The value of number 1 is too great, which is why im still shocked Brisbane Lions threw it away but good on them for not tanking.

Yeah I do tend to agree with you, but given our need for more young quality players and the even depth of this draft I think this could be a good trade for both, i'd be annoyed if the dons rejected it. Will be interesting to follow anyway

Cheers.

You know we have a thread for trade hypotheticals.

It's called Trade Hypotheticals (opposition posters post here)

I realise that thread title might confuse some people given its ambiguous nature, but next time you want to suggest an unrealistic rubbish trade, I suggest you suggest it in that thread.

Last edited:
On reflection i'd take away pick 73 - only worth 9 points, you can use 33, 37, 55 for Setters, then probably get in a couple of 2nd rounders from either Steele/Hoskin-Elliot/McCarthy/Marchbank to get perryman.

So what you are saying is you don't understand how the academy drafting works then. 4 list spots available means we take 4 picks to the draft( which means if they are 4 highly rated prospects then we need 4 high end picks), 6 available 6 draft spots etc. in your scenario 37 and 55 would prob be taken from us before the draft has even started. So downgrading to low picks has no value and hence your hypothetical is dumb. Vic clubs campaigned to have it changed so it was.

Like I said come back when you learn the academy rules and then please post in the right thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So what you are saying is you don't understand how the academy drafting works then. 4 list spots available means we take 4 picks to the draft( which means if they are 4 highly rated prospects then we need 4 high end picks), 6 available 6 draft spots etc. in your scenario 37 and 55 would prob be taken from us before the draft has even started. So downgrading to low picks has no value and hence your hypothetical is dumb. Vic clubs campaigned to have it changed so it was.

Like I said come back when you learn the academy rules and then please post in the right thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Because we've got a variable list size, we're in a funny position compared to the rest of the academy clubs - we'll effectively have four (IIRC) extra picks that count in the draft even if we don't use them. So we'll technically have eight list spots available because of that variable list size, but we'll only fill four.

Stewart to Carlton a done deal weeks ago and don't think for a minute Tomlinson is staying for sure blues into him big time.....players don't lie.....do they?

Personally I'm not a fan of trading up to get McGrath- I'd prefer we stay with the academy kids and chase a NOW player like Breust
McGrath and mcluggage are standouts watch the tac grand final,watch also for a kid across half back called scrimshaw I'm sure most people know of might be top 5 by draft time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back