List Mgmt. 2016 List Management thread - 2017 list complete

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to the 2016 List Management thread

This thread is about:

Who you think we should turf, who we need to get, which rookies get promoted, list analysis, player type/ages etc. There's a fair bit of leeway here if you want to incorporate any trade/draft/free agency stuff into your posts.

If you wish to engage in specific Trade/FA discussion or Draft discussion there are dedicated threads:

2016 Draft discussion

2016 Trade discussion

2016 Free Agency discussion

Player Contracts thread

We'll also keep the list status updated here as changes are made official and add any other useful information as we go.

Senior List Changes

IN (6): Jordan Lewis (Traded from Hawthorn), Mitch Hannan (ND46), Michael Hibberd (Traded from Essendon), Dion Johnstone (ND64), Pat McKenna (Traded from GWS), Josh Wagner (rookie promotion)

OUT (6): Jack Grimes (delisted), Matt Jones (delisted), Dean Terlich (delisted), Lynden Dunn (Traded to Collingwood), Chris Dawes (delisted), Ben Newton (delisted)

Current 2017 senior spots vacant: 0/40

Cat A - Rookie List Changes

IN (3): Lachlan Filipovic (RD8), Tim Smith (RD25), Declan Keilty (RD41)

OUT (3): Viv Michie (delisted), Max King (delisted), Josh Wagner (rookie promotion)

Current 2017 rookie spots vacant: 0/4

Cat B - Rookie List Changes

IN (1): Corey Maynard

OUT (0):

Total 2017 Cat B rookies: 2

Here are the indicative key dates for this year's exchange period:

Friday October 7 - NAB AFL restricted free agency offer and unrestricted free agency period begins

Monday October 10, 10am* - NAB AFL Trade Period begins

Sunday October 16, 5pm - Close of NAB AFL restricted free agency offer and unrestricted free agency period

Wednesday October 19 - NAB AFL restricted free agency matching offer three-day period ends

Thursday October 20, 2pm – NAB AFL Trade Period closes

The key dates for delisted free agents are as follows:

Tuesday November 1 - NAB AFL delisted player free agency period (1) begins

Tuesday November 8 - NAB AFL delisted player free agency period (1) closes

Thursday November 10 - NAB AFL delisted player free agency period (2) begins

Friday November 18 - NAB AFL delisted player free agency period (2) closes

Saturday November 26 - NAB AFL delisted player free agency period (3) begins

Sunday November 27, 2pm - NAB AFL delisted player free agency period (3) closes

Monday November 30, 2pm - Final AFL club list lodgement

The NAB AFL Draft heads to Sydney in 2016. The draft will be held on Friday, November 25.

The NAB AFL Pre-season and Rookie Drafts will be held from 4pm on Monday, November 28.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reckon from the rookie list, White/Michie/King are all gone.

Main list: Terlich, Dawes, M Jones

Trade/FA: Grimes

Potentially pay out?: Dunn, Garland, Lumumba

If we delist Pedersen he must have s**t in Goodwins letterbox

Great summary. Would much prefer to keep Pedersen than Dawes, and I've got a sneaking suspicion we may keep M Jones for another year.

I'd keep Dunn as insurance though, for if one of the Macs or Frost went down. We'll shop Garland around surely, with Wagner and Hibberd (?) taking that mid-sized defender role.

Reckon from the rookie list, White/Michie/King are all gone.

Main list: Terlich, Dawes, M Jones

Trade/FA: Grimes

Potentially pay out?: Dunn, Garland, Lumumba

If we delist Pedersen he must have s**t in Goodwins letterbox

Agree with all this, Dunn stays unless he wants a trade though.

edit; Dr beat me to it.

I think White will be kept on the rookie list for another year unless there's someone in the draft the club thinks is a clear improvement. His last AFL game was a shocker but he showed a bit before that.

I also wouldn't be surprised to see M Jones kept around for another year. We seriously lack depth in his position, so unless we bring someone in who plays that outside mid link up role I think he'll get a one year contract.

The less heroic, alternative version of Nathan by the name of Jones isnt one of my favorite players on our list. He hasnt set the world on fire but at least he tries to win every contest.

Might be the only attribute i actually like about him otherwise, get rid of him please list management

M jones will get a 1 year contract
Dawes will be shopped around
Think Pedo will get the axe unfortunatly
Terlich and Michie are gone
Newton kept for another year

I just thought of something. Is there anything stopping me offering Chris Dawes in the Trading Post? Swap for an overhead projector ONO?
I like where your head is at ... Trade a Dawes for a paper clip, and work our way up to a Porsche or an Ollie Wines or something.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My predictions

Delist:
Senior List: Terlich, Newton, Dawes, Grimes
Rookie List: Michie, White, Max King
Retire: Lumumba

Re-sign for one year: Pedersen, Matt Jones, Trengove
Promote: Wagner

If we need to make more room on the list, then Trengove would be most likely the one in the gun.
I'm aware that Lumumba is contracted for another year (or is it two years?), but given his precarious situation with concussions, plus age and ability (no longer best 22), it would seem a bit risky to play on for another season.
JKH is contracted and made a strong comeback at Casey so I think he'll stay.

We don't need to move on as many players this year, time to let the list develop

Terlich, Grimes, Trengove, Dawes and Lumumba have all had it and have no trade value. Michie and Newton can probably be added to that list.

At the moment we have picks 27, 45, 63 and 81. We'll trade 27 for hibberd and probably upgrade Wagner. I'd say that means we delist 4 and no more (whoever we're likely to get at 81 is not likely to be an upgrade on who we have now).

Terlich's gone, Grimes will probably leave as an fa, that leaves two more delistings out of m.Jones, newton, Dawes, trengove and dunn. Lumumba is contracted, but he's also a chance of retiring. Jkh is contracted and may be put up as trade bait, but I doubt there'd be any takers.

**** i LOVE this time of year. Delistings always the best part of being a Melbourne supporter.
Despite the anger and disappointment at last weekend, it is still a pretty nice feeling that we're discussing them late August rather than the usual May/June.

hey don't mean to intrude but whatever happened to Colin Garland and Lynden Dunn, they were in your best 22 for a few years but have hardly been sighted this year. Are they not really in the clubs future plans or have they been injured?

hey don't mean to intrude but whatever happened to Colin Garland and Lynden Dunn, they were in your best 22 for a few years but have hardly been sighted this year. Are they not really in the clubs future plans or have they been injured?

Have been pushed out of the 22 but Dunn is contracted for 2017 and Garland 2018, so can't see us getting rid of them unless it is a trade.

Have been pushed out of the 22 but Dunn is contracted for 2017 and Garland 2018, so can't see us getting rid of them unless it is a trade.
ah I guess that is a good thing for your guys, got some good depth for defence. I think your club is in for a very good future and very much look forward to your clubs push towards making finals in 2017.
Ps. just as long as you don't beat our guys :p

Re Dunn and Garland - I'd be happy to trade Garland on the cheap if he wants better opportunities elsewhere.

I'd keep Dunn for depth, though as we really only have 2 X Macs and Frost as genuine KPDs.

It is conceivable Tom and Oscar Mcdonald could be having Christmas dinner and break each others legs playing kick to kick in the back yard .. we should keep some depth
They'll be fine. It's dogs that represent the injury risk, see curious incidents of Howe and Petracca.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back