Autopsy 2016 Off-season Organiz(s)ational Changes

Remove this Banner Ad

What's Danny Daley doing now, wasn't he midfield and stoppages??

I think him and Black shared the midfield responsibilities, so I imagine Tapping will be replacing Black's role.

I quite like that we appear to be making some 'money-ball' type coaching appointments. Fagan probably falls into that category, Adcock, Hendriksen, none of them big names or headline grabbers but people in the know appear positive about them. Happy to keep flying under the radar and trust Fagan and Noble t put together the team they want.

I like these appointments. Fagan and Noble appear to be tapped in to people that us average punters have never heard of, but have the capacity to help resurrect our mighty footy club. Might take a while but for the first time in a long time think we are on the right track.

I like these appointments. Fagan and Noble appear to be tapped in to people that us average punters have never heard of, but have the capacity to help resurrect our mighty footy club. Might take a while but for the first time in a long time think we are on the right track.
Same. And whichever you look at it; there will be a fresh approach and educational perspective behind it which for a young list should hold us in good stead for the long term.

The one question I have is whether there is a likelihood that a senior assistant will also join eg a Montgomery etc.

Thought I would drop by and say how ****ing stoked I am by our latest moves. Brought in some proper football minds who can actually communicate with young players and coaches like Fagan and Tapping + got some expert behind-the-scenes people like Noble. Very un-Brisbane like. We usually go for the savy business background and Lions old boys regardless of resumes. Can't underestimate how good Tapping will be for this group.

About time we righted this steaming turd of an organisation. It probably took the AFL's influence but who cares if we finally make the right decisions. We had become totally irrelevant.

Glad we also put a rocket under an unfit and petulant captain and underperforming and busted 'star player' (Hanley) in trade week. The dead wood can bugger off. Also glad we didn't pay overs for stop gaps or those looking to get an easy game.

Now to take our decent picks and draft players with a bit of mongrel like Robinson, Hipwood, or Mathieson. Blokes that actually give a s**t in improving the club and themselves. Time to stop drafting showy mummy's boys like Polec, Aish, and Longer.

I love that we are hitting the next two drafts hard. We probably need another 3-4 plus some canny development to make a real and lasting improvement.

It will take a while for the on field results but at least we are finally on the right track. Next step is to build a state of the art training facility that doesn't resemble one you would find in Kosovo. We also need to find the best senior assistant possible. It will take another 2 years to cull the chaff off the list but I'm glad we've started that process. No shortcuts from here.

I'm sick of losing. Sick of losing money. Sick of having the lowest membership base in the country. Sick of being a laughing stock.

We are finally doing what we should have done 10 years ago.

Thought I would drop by and say how ****ing stoked I am by our latest moves. Brought in some proper football minds who can actually communicate with young players and coaches like Fagan and Tapping + got some expert behind-the-scenes people like Noble. Very un-Brisbane like. We usually go for the savy business background and Lions old boys regardless of resumes. Can't underestimate how good Tapping will be for this group.

About time we righted this steaming turd of an organisation. It probably took the AFL's influence but who cares if we finally make the right decisions. We had become totally irrelevant.

Glad we also put a rocket under an unfit and petulant captain and underperforming and busted 'star player' (Hanley) in trade week. The dead wood can bugger off. Also glad we didn't pay overs for stop gaps or those looking to get an easy game.

Now to take our decent picks and draft players with a bit of mongrel like Robinson, Hipwood, or Mathieson. Blokes that actually give a s**t in improving the club and themselves. Time to stop drafting showy mummy's boys like Polec, Aish, and Longer.

I love that we are hitting the next two drafts hard. We probably need another 3-4 plus some canny development to make a real and lasting improvement.

It will take a while for the on field results but at least we are finally on the right track. Next step is to build a state of the art training facility that doesn't resemble one you would find in Kosovo. We also need to find the best senior assistant possible. It will take another 2 years to cull the chaff off the list but I'm glad we've started that process. No shortcuts from here.

I'm sick of losing. Sick of losing money. Sick of having the lowest membership base in the country. Sick of being a laughing stock.

Warwick's annual post . Savior it people.;)

Warwick's annual post . Savior it people.;)

Wish we got to see Warwick's work more often, remember in my early days some awesome posting from the great man.

Wish we got to see Warwick's work more often, remember in my early days some awesome posting from the great man.
Don't think Warwick would appreciate you coming out from the closet and changing sides.;)

Best post ever.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

no one to replace Hass and Lemke yet?

Applications for the physio role closed on Sep 26.

Beyond that there hasn't been an announcement for either position, but that could mean no one has been appointed or they just aren't high enough profile roles to warrant announcements.

Best post ever.

“As always with premiership teams in the modern era, people are talking of dynasties. They’ll discover that dynasties happen in retrospect not in advance.”

- Leigh Matthews.
Warwick, Oct 23, 2016 Report
Share Tweet
#59 Like + Reply

Great post. Agree with every word.

My biggest disappointment last year was that we were reduced to such poor crowds that spectators could quite clearly hear the on-field chatter.

My thoughts were that another season like the last and we were dead meat. Nobody could follow a team that put in such dispirited performances, game after game, with barely a whimper.

Personally, I'd be surprised if we took huge leaps up the ladder immediately, but I do expect to see a bit of steel. Anything less is unacceptable.

It made me sick to see our smallest player put in like he was our biggest, with basically zero support when he was being monstered by the neanderthals.

Same with Mitch R who finished the season with his body badly beat up because he put in regardless. An example and role model not emulated by the kids. Now if it was Mitch boring it up the rest for lack of heart, rather than Perfecto Man, Rocky, then that would have been ok in my book. He walked the walk.

Last edited:
I agree that VC has been good for us but it doesn't mean we should turn a blind eye to the other states. Look at Cutler, comes from VM, one of our best runners and l seriously believe thar he will be a top 5 player for the Lions in the near future.

He wasn't a top 10 pick though

Remove this Banner Ad

Back