Draft Review 2016 - Revisiting the 2016 AFL Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

PMBangers, help the guys out
Ooo ok, interesting concept and I have quite a few in mind that are all pretty good options

I'll start by saying Taranto has been fantastic for us and absolutely worth Pick 2, but with the power of hindsight it's hard to make an argument for him being the pick regardless of how you play thus. If I'm picking a player to essentially swap with Taranto in to our current team then it's Bolton for sure, he's pretty much what we want Bobby Hill to be for us

If it's a draft for starting a team for example it's hard to look past Stewart given the AAs and just pure impact he's gotten, I reckon he's a player that's set a high standard for medium sized defenders through the league given how well he plays on both talls and smalls, as well as the fact he's a key contributor in a lot of attacking plays from the defensive half

But I'm assuming the criteria is closer to a "replace" idea so I'll go with Shai Bolton

Ooo ok, interesting concept and I have quite a few in mind that are all pretty good options

I'll start by saying Taranto has been fantastic for us and absolutely worth Pick 2, but with the power of hindsight it's hard to make an argument for him being the pick regardless of how you play thus. If I'm picking a player to essentially swap with Taranto in to our current team then it's Bolton for sure, he's pretty much what we want Bobby Hill to be for us

If it's a draft for starting a team for example it's hard to look past Stewart given the AAs and just pure impact he's gotten, I reckon he's a player that's set a high standard for medium sized defenders through the league given how well he plays on both talls and smalls, as well as the fact he's a key contributor in a lot of attacking plays from the defensive half

But I'm assuming the criteria is closer to a "replace" idea so I'll go with Shai Bolton
Yeah I think the simplest way is to it as in, if all the players went back into a pool tomorrow, with how your team is now, who would you pick with the same order. This is slightly different to what you've said scoman but if we are going to keep these going, simplicity will be important for peeps

Ok Im going to jump in and go Taranto for Brisbane. Stewart is very tempting, but he is already 29. Maybe he would of helped us go a step further the last couple years? But a goal kicking mid is hard to pass up.

Pick 3 - Brisbane - Taranto

Last edited:

Ok Im going to jump in and go Taranto for Brisbane. Stewart is very tempting, but he is already 29. Maybe he would of helped us go a step further the last couple years? But a goal kicking mid is hard to pass up.

Pick 3 - Brisbane - Taranto
Was pick 1. Pick again

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think Jy Simpkin would be rated a lot higher if he wasn't playing for Norf. Gun.

God this isn't a great draft is it

Luke Ryan
God this isn't a great draft is it

Luke Ryan
What about Sean Darcy bnf winning ruckman surely that would be high on a few clubs list.
It shows how well the dockers went got a bnf winning defender bnf winning ruckman cox tall defender who would be near AA squad of 40 and Logue tall athletic swing man.
Gold Coast giving us Brodie for free is a fair cherry on top to.

What about Sean Darcy bnf winning ruckman surely that would be high on a few clubs list.
It shows how well the dockers went got a bnf winning defender bnf winning ruckman cox tall defender who would be near AA squad of 40 and Logue tall athletic swing man.
Gold Coast giving us Brodie for free is a fair cherry on top to.
shhhhh, you're gonna get him picked before Freos pick

I don't care what anyone says Bolton Numero Uno for me.
Nobody ever said he was crap. The annoying part was the Richmond supporters coming in here and putting up the blinkers failing to acknowledge any player that wasn’t Bolton and cherry picking stats to attempt to prove their point.

He’s close to number one for me, I’d still take McLuggage though.

McCluggage has more runs on the board but Bolton is definitely closing the gap.
Until Bolton finds some consistancy he won't pass McCluggage.

Bolton has polled coaches votes in 2 of his last 12 games V the Suns and Hawks. McCluggage is 11th in the AFL for votes.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back