Draft Review 2016 - Revisiting the 2016 AFL Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

I've seen plenty of Bolton, can you say the same for Moore?

Don't shoot the messenger mate.

I'd comment on Moore if he were in the draft class.

Again, you've completely missed the point.

Not surprised though. It's like talking to a 6 year old.

You've essentially shifted the goal posts from why isn't he best player in the league to why isn't he winning b and f in grand final winning teams. Wow.

It'd be a pretty sharp 6 year old to highlight Jackson and raines shows doing well in s**t teams b and f doesn't mean much

You've essentially shifted the goal posts from why isn't he best player in the league to why isn't he winning b and f in grand final winning teams. Wow.

Holy s**t. Do you read anything properly before you respond?

Or is it just the systematic mashing of the keyboard that it more often than not produces?

But his potential is much higher. The neutral fan is literally saying bolton would be the best in the game if he plays to that level weekly.

If the guy helping you understand this was not banned it may sink in better.

B and f in s**t sides is near meaningless. Aka Andrew raines(2nd). Daniel Jackson.
A few things:

Some people on here are referencing disposal stats as a measure of a players performance/ability. Possessions in isolation are worthless. Is AFL the only sport in the world that uses touches/possessions as a KPI? It's all about what you do with the ball and that's where Shai excels. He is the best player with ball in hand in the competition. Martin at his peak and The Bont are the other two that come to mind.

The other aspect of Shai that I don't know enough about to say with certainty that he will definitely be the best player in the game is his mentality. As someone who follows 4-5 other sports closely the thing that has become most apparent to me is that more than your ability, skill or physical make up it is your mentality that will determine how great you become. Only time will tell.

But his potential is much higher. The neutral fan is literally saying bolton would be the best in the game if he plays to that level weekly.

If the guy helping you understand this was not banned it may sink in better.

B and f in s**t sides is near meaningless. Aka Andrew raines(2nd). Daniel Jackson.
His good is very good - his bad is really bad. No one is saying he is not talented - he is yet to find consistency. The guy banned is a dead peanut that doesn’t understand the game - if he is your source of truth then you’re in huge trouble.

So Grimes winning the best and fairest last year counts for zero?

Revised top 10

1. Stewart (though mature age)
2. Taranto
3. McLuggage
4. Bolton
5. English
6. Darcy
7. Ryan
8. Simpkin
9. McGrath
10. Ridley

Freo nailed this draft.

Robin Williams Hello GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Let's treat this little exercise like a proper draft.

First user per club to make a selection, that becomes that club's pick.

I will include Cat A and Cat B rookies in the ND if you consider them good enough.

Further, I'll put a line through the redrafted players of the 2016-17 off-season.

Your link for relevant players is here.

Template to be edited is set.

As I'm an Essendon fan and and I've started this in this thread, I'll have the first pick.

With the revised pick 1, I'm going for Hugh McCluggage.

GWS GIANTS fans are on the clock.

Edit: One more rule.

No previously recycled players.

Last edited:
Let's treat this little exercise like a proper draft.

First user per club to make a selection, that becomes that club's pick.

I will include Cat A and Cat B rookies in the ND if you consider them good enough.

Further, I'll put a line through the redrafted players of the 2016-17 off-season.

Your link for relevant players is here.

Template to be edited is set.

As I'm an Essendon fan and and I've started this in this thread, I'll have the first pick.

With the revised pick 1, I'm going for Hugh McCluggage.

GWS GIANTS fans are on the clock.

Edit: One more rule.

No previously recycled players.
I dismiss this pick! We're taking Taranto.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back