Draft Review 2016 - Revisiting the 2016 AFL Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Well your in the 16 draft discussion. Maybe start there and take it a step at a time.

might be a fair point if not for your previous comment.

Anyway. Most clearances on the ground again. Not bad from shai given his size. Against a beefy and much praised saints mid group
Darcy Parish racked up 10 clearances v the Saints. I wouldn't call their midfield "beefy" and they might be much praised but they are massively underperforming

I don't think I'd swap bolton for any player in the draft pool...

He is a unique and highly talented lad.

I am very high of clug english florent types also but I'd lean towards bolton being the best fit for my team

What are your thoughts on Ridley, do you know what he looks like yet?

Yes since you lot banged on about him consistently I have made the extra effort to focus and he looks alright.

My only concern is everyone has a back pocket type they think is underated.

Might want to win a final before making Grimes comparisons imho

Ok but the '15 draft thread is that way --->

On that note I think broad is the most winning player (%) ever ;)
It’s relevant because without even asking you I’m sure I can gather what your thoughts are on Darcy Parish.

Having a good game and racking up the clearances against St Kilda is nothing to write home about right now. Both Essendon and Richmond walked it out of the middle at will.

It’s relevant because without even asking you I’m sure I can gather what your thoughts are on Darcy Parish.

Having a good game and racking up the clearances against St Kilda is nothing to write home about right now. Both Essendon and Richmond walked it out of the middle at will.

If it was the first time bolton bossed the middle I would not have said anything cause st kilda..

But given his best football is outside mid/marks/goals etc. To once again dominate inside with a weaken mid (prestia) is encouraging

I don't think I'd swap bolton for any player in the draft pool...

He is a unique and highly talented lad.

I am very high of clug english florent types also but I'd lean towards bolton being the best fit for my team

Yes since you lot banged on about him consistently I have made the extra effort to focus and he looks alright.

My only concern is everyone has a back pocket type they think is underated.

Might want to win a final before making Grimes comparisons imho
1)He isn’t a back pocket
2) It is possible to rank individual players without including team success as a metric. I am well aware Essendon are not a good football team.
3) He’s better than Grimes

sorry just saw this .

This is going to be a very long year for you lol
******* lol.

So you go missing as often as your wonderboy does.

I am fine with him having good games. I can admit he does some great things. I'm fairly ok with taking a balanced approach. You do yourself no favors at all by only ever appearing after a good game, flooding the thread with your inane rubbish and then conveniently pretending this thread doesn't exist when he has off games.

******* lol.

So you go missing as often as your wonderboy does.

I am fine with him having good games. I can admit he does some great things. I'm fairly ok with taking a balanced approach. You do yourself no favors at all by only ever appearing after a good game, flooding the thread with your inane rubbish and then conveniently pretending this thread doesn't exist when he has off games.

Enough good games

For top5 (best fairest) in flag winning team ..

#bottomage

Todd Marshall has finally started the engine after a bunch of false starts, he was the best tall forward of his draft and has the taken a while to come good but proving with hindsight that he should have been taken in the top 10.

People will
Todd Marshall has finally started the engine after a bunch of false starts, he was the best tall forward of his draft and has the taken a while to come good but proving with hindsight that he should have been taken in the top 10.
Too many really good players in this draft for Marshall to be pushing into clear top 10 calculations after not doing much for a while. Don’t get me wrong, he might get there but he’s nowhere near it yet IMO.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

People will

Too many really good players in this draft for Marshall to be pushing into clear top 10 calculations after not doing much for a while. Don’t get me wrong, he might get there but he’s nowhere near it yet IMO.
Marshall is the third best KPP in the draft with English and Marshall the other two, I would only take McGrath, Mccluggage, Simpkin Taranto Ryan and Berry in front of the KPPs so that makes him top ten in my eyes.

Marshall is the third best KPP in the draft with English and Marshall the other two, I would only take McGrath, Mccluggage, Simpkin Taranto Ryan and Berry in front of the KPPs so that makes him top ten in my eyes.
Your notifications are going to be polluted with The gun and Proust and the other One eyed tigers fans telling you Bolton is the clear no 1 pick. 😂

Just from a dockers stand point I’d argue Cox and Darcy have shown more to date (and have a lot of potential still) and Logue has shown as many exciting signs as T Marshall but for injury hasn’t been able to get on the park. It’s just a crazy deep draft

Just from a dockers stand point I’d argue Cox and Darcy have shown more to date (and have a lot of potential still) and Logue has shown as many exciting signs as T Marshall but for injury hasn’t been able to get on the park. It’s just a crazy deep draft
I watch a lot of Freo and Darcy needs to work on his fitness before he can be included, as for Logue and Cox both good players when they're on the park but I have always disagreed with getting defenders especially tall defenders and Rucks in the top ten.

Stewart, Ridley, Bowes, Parfitt, Perryman, Bolton all well ahead of Marshall.

been a while since i've done a list (mainly cos of what this thread has become)

1-Taranto. Still the best overall performed player for me.
2-Stewart. Hard to ignore the AA and how defensively sound he is. Usually dock mature age players in this list, but this guy is very good.
3-Clug.
4-Ridley
5-McGrath
6-Bolton
7-Berry
8-T.Marshall
9-Bowes
10-English
11-Simpkin
12-Ryan
13-R.Marshall
14-Perryman
15-B.Cox
16-Draper
17-Darcy
18-Graham
19-Setterfield
20-Ladhams

Last edited:
I watch a lot of Freo and Darcy needs to work on his fitness before he can be included, as for Logue and Cox both good players when they're on the park but I have always disagreed with getting defenders especially tall defenders and Rucks in the top ten.
Not sure why Darcy has to specifically work on his fitness to be included. He's doing just fine anyway beating RoB on the weekend, kicking goals and clunking marks. He gets ignored because he's a big lumbering goof but he's having a very good year.

Don't think you get to just apply bonus points to Marshall because he's a tall forward when he hasnt exactly dominated yet.

Not sure why Darcy has to specifically work on his fitness to be included. He's doing just fine anyway beating RoB on the weekend, kicking goals and clunking marks. He gets ignored because he's a big lumbering goof but he's having a very good year.

Don't think you get to just apply bonus points to Marshall because he's a tall forward when he hasnt exactly dominated yet.
Injury is all that's held him back really.
For a guy that big, you wouldn't think he has a tank to run out games. But he does quite well.
Had a ripper on the weekend. You guys need to get him signed up asap.

2-Stewart. Hard to ignore the AA and how defensively sound he is. Usually dock mature age players in this list, but this guy is very good.
3-Clug.
4-Ridley
5-McGrath
6-Bolton
7-T.Marshall
8-Berry
9-Bowes
10-English
11-Simpkin
12-Ryan
13-R.Marshall
14-Perryman
15-B.Cox
16-Draper
17-Ladhams
18-Graham
19-Setterfield
20-SPS
Showing my homer status now but I dont think you can have Ryan and Stewart that far apart. They play the same role, Stewart has 1 more AA but is three years older.

Darcy is also better than Draper, Setterfield and SPS, he's just a lumbering goof but his output is top shelf

Its a pretty hard list to put together though, so many quality players

3-Clug.
4-Ridley
5-McGrath
6-Bolton
7-Berry
8-T.Marshall
9-Bowes
10-English
11-Simpkin
12-Ryan
13-R.Marshall
14-Perryman
15-B.Cox
16-Draper
17-Ladhams
18-Graham
19-Setterfield
20-SPS
Mostly agree with this list, but Todd Marshall ahead of English, Rowan Marshall, Ryan and Simpkin doesn't seem right.

Mostly agree with this list, but Todd Marshall ahead of English, Rowan Marshall, Ryan and Simpkin doesn't seem right.
may be a little biased towards this kid, but i really like him.
Compounded by his efforts last year to play on with a busted collar bone.

With the exception of Butters, he's the first player i steal from Port if i had the chance.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back