Injury 2016 Swans Injury Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tippo 'Tear in Tendon, wasn't contact or landing but in the air, minimum 6 weeks'
Marsh 'Minor hamstring strain, 2-3 weeks'
Reid 'Re-Strain of Deep Calf/Achilles - what he was recovering from, new injury in a sense given it's a new spot, 3-4 weeks'
Richards Available
Papley Available (will play) EDIT: On second thought Harley saying that they're 'looking forward to seeing him in the red and white this weekend' could mean in the reserves, but it sounds like he will play seniors though.

http://www.sydneyswans.com.au/video/2016-06-14/hcf-injury-update-rd-13-2016
I'm really concerned about Reid. He can never get on the track. I really don't see us getting value out of him long term which is a shame because he has the ability.

Tippett has now had surgery and will miss 8 plus
They mentioned that possibility the other night. Also Talia said he's at least 6-8 away, not the 5 that's been reported. He's having trouble due to lack of blood flow to the area.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Doc Larkins thinks that 8 weeks is unrealistic for Tipett. He thinks that 10-12 is more accurate which means that his season is effectively over and ours is severley damaged. I hop he's wrong.
It's "Doc" Larkins... When is he right?? He'll give 4 different predicitions for the length of time over the next 4 weeks just to make sure.

Doc Larkins thinks that 8 weeks is unrealistic for Tipett. He thinks that 10-12 is more accurate which means that his season is effectively over and ours is severley damaged. I hop he's wrong.

I would say 10 weeks IMO. Just a hunch.

Just count Tippo out for this year because even if he does get back, he will lack the conditioning he needs to play the role as he has thus far in the last year.
He may just plant himself forward but i say if we are good enough to hold our position in the top 4 without him than you go into the finals with those fit players that got you there.

Just look at Parker.
He is just a touch off & i blame a niggle.
We wont win a final let alone the 3 or 4 in a row we need to win to be premiers if his capacity is reduced by injury.

I hope we stick it up you Ted, your boy and McPoint are both in, give us a chance. We are playing a team that the drug cheats beat

Hey Bedders!

What do you mean "we"? Am I not part of the we? Are you more "we" than I am?

Surely you are not questioning me for throwing up a negative scenario.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back