Injury 2016 Swans Injury Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

So by that philosophy mate, you'd be tired of Johnson, Rohan, McGlynn and of course Tippett? They've all gone through it and they'll all come through it! He's 25 and in all reality...fit as f***!

No
They arent overpaid, underperforming on extensive deals in a nothing position

Reid is into year 4 of a stupid deal

He has played 52 out of a possible 87 games so what 59%?
40 goals at an average of 0.7 a game
Averages 11 touches a game
Averages only 4 marks a game despite being a great mark

Trade him for the last year of his contract and get someone who peforms/makes it onto the park and clear some cap space

Just my view

No
They arent overpaid, underperforming on extensive deals in a nothing position

Reid is into year 4 of a stupid deal

He has played 52 out of a possible 87 games so what 59%?
40 goals at an average of 0.7 a game
Averages 11 touches a game
Averages only 4 marks a game despite being a great mark

Trade him for the last year of his contract and get someone who peforms/makes it onto the park and clear some cap space

Just my view
And you're absolutely entitled to it! In all reality, the club believes he is extremely important to our structure and I do too!

I actually don't mind the club decision to put Tippett on the LTI list. Initially diagnosed as a 6 week injury which sees him back circa round 19 with little match prep. By taking this out to round 22, he gets the opportunity to rehab extensively and gain some match fitness by training with the main group near the end of his recovery. By putting him on the LTI, we also free up a spot for a rookie should they see fit to replace Tippett, for which the original diagnosis could accommodate!

So by that philosophy mate, you'd be tired of Johnson, Rohan, McGlynn and of course Tippett? They've all gone through it and they'll all come through it! He's 25 and in all reality...fit as f***!

There is genetics at play both Reid brothers suffer from extensive soft tissue injuries so he is a different case from a normal player suffering a injury.

Maybe that's what Swansrule meant, have to agree with him tho i can see why we will never trade him.

There is genetics at play both Reid brothers suffer from extensive soft tissue injuries so he is a different case from a normal player suffering a injury.

Maybe that's what Swansrule meant, have to agree with him tho i can see why we will never trade him.

Thats exactly it, and why i tend to agree. For players in general, they go down with injury, they come back and its all sweet. But with reid, its one after the other witg periods in between where he needs to get back up to speed. So while he's played 59% of games, theres only a small % of that time where hes actuallu fit and performing anywhere near his capabilities.

Couple that with his brother's injury history and you've got a fairly good indication that he may never achieve his full potential and has been a bit of a liability in that respect.

There's no doubting his talent and importance when fully fit and had continuity in his game. But how often are we likely to see that?

Its a real shame

Thats exactly it, and why i tend to agree. For players in general, they go down with injury, they come back and its all sweet. But with reid, its one after the other witg periods in between where he needs to get back up to speed. So while he's played 59% of games, theres only a small % of that time where hes actuallu fit and performing anywhere near his capabilities.

Couple that with his brother's injury history and you've got a fairly good indication that he may never achieve his full potential and has been a bit of a liability in that respect.

There's no doubting his talent and importance when fully fit and had continuity in his game. But how often are we likely to see that?

Its a real shame
His constant bad luck has been very disappointing however he's still young. There's so much time left for him to string a handful of years together and capture that potential we all have seen glimpses of.

If we were to offload him in the next year or 2 then we'd be offloading him for nothing. We offer him a more appropriate contract in line with his actual market rate(i.e. factoring in his inability to hit the seniors). If he wants to walk then so be it however I suspect he'd stay on knowing full well he was originally overvalued by us and now other clubs would value him the same as the new deal.

The downside is he remains at his current mediocre level. The upside is he fulfils some of the potential and we have a great dynamic player on our books who owes us for sticking with him when I'm sure lots of other clubs wouldn't have.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

His constant bad luck has been very disappointing however he's still young. There's so much time left for him to string a handful of years together and capture that potential we all have seen glimpses of.

If we were to offload him in the next year or 2 then we'd be offloading him for nothing. We offer him a more appropriate contract in line with his actual market rate(i.e. factoring in his inability to hit the seniors). If he wants to walk then so be it however I suspect he'd stay on knowing full well he was originally overvalued by us and now other clubs would value him the same as the new deal.

The downside is he remains at his current mediocre level. The upside is he fulfils some of the potential and we have a great dynamic player on our books who owes us for sticking with him when I'm sure lots of other clubs wouldn't have.

Agreed.

We wouldn't get anywhere near his 'potential' market value. We'd pretty much offload him for next to nothing and a club would take a punt with a low draft pick but reasonably high contract (given his current output) and may hit the lottery or have a relatively low risk failure.

Id imagine the swans would put a more reasonable contract on the table for say 2 years (based on what we'd reasonably be willing to give based on his output for us) and if other clubs blow our offer out of the water then so be it.

I wouldnt imagine we'd be willing to deviate too far from an offer we consider reasonable. And id imagine reid would want to repay the club for his lack of output. I wouldnt imagine too many players would be proud to underperform on a large contract, even if it was out of their control.

And you're absolutely entitled to it! In all reality, the club believes he is extremely important to our structure and I do too!

i agree you are right about what the club thinks

my frustration is almost a compliment, I can see what he could be if it all clicked

So I googled the injury list.

4JkmMlQZCfYKqshyGnavCtQjfvLoNBcDuGWDMs5TyTY

So I googled the injury list.

4JkmMlQZCfYKqshyGnavCtQjfvLoNBcDuGWDMs5TyTY

I went to the swans website and got that same list. Had to go via a desktop version to get the current list.o_O

Seems Teddy and Papley are now available - paps a few weeks away for form then?

I went to the swans website and got that same list. Had to go via a desktop version to get the current list.o_O

Seems Teddy and Papley are now available - paps a few weeks away for form then?

They both played last weeks ressies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back