2017/18 Melbourne Victory Thread. We Are The Champions!!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Good on ya Kenny.
Comes on and gets an assist and scores the winner.

In a game that needed a buzz on the pitch, him and leroy turned the game around.

Was the difference when he came on tonite won the penalty and score a diving header goal! It’s amazing what new energy and spark can bring to a team instead of the some old was the some just like in the ACL match against Kawasaki.

Theoharous likely to leave Melbourne Victory for Europe

Anthony Colangelo8 April 2018 — 7:45pm
Melbourne Victory young gun Christian Theoharous is almost certain to leave the A-League club at the end of the season.

The Age understands fan-favourite Theoharous' preference is to sign for a German club once the transfer window opens in July.

Theoharous, 18, has been one of the young shining lights in the A-League this season with his eye-catching cameos on the left flank.

He has only started twice for the Victory in the A-League, making 15 appearances off the bench to score one goal - a cracker against the Central Coast Mariners in round 23.

It's understood the player is not disgruntled about a lack of starting opportunities at the Victory or how he has been used by coach Kevin Muscat. He simply feels the opportunity to test himself overseas is too good to pass up.

Theoharous made his second A-League start on Sunday in Victory's clash against the Wellington Pheonix, as cover for the suspended Kosta Barbourouses.

He also made five appearances off the bench in the Asian Champions League.

Losing Theoharous will be a blow for Victory given they have lost three of their brightest young prospects in recent times.

Jason Geria, 24, left for the Japanese second division earlier in 2018 and teenager Sebastian Pasquali moved to Ajax's youth side in 2016.

Christian's father Andrew played for Heidelberg United in the NSL and then captained the Bentleigh Greens in the state league.

The teenager played his junior soccer at the Bentleigh Greens before joining Victory's youth system in 2014. He signed as a scholarship player in early 2017. He has made two appearances for the Young Socceroos.

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/soc...ourne-victory-for-europe-20180407-p4z8ae.html

Would love for him to stay another season but you can understand him wanting to test himself in Europe. probably won’t get it under Kev anyway.

If we just recycle old A League players (Storm from CCM & Brown from Roar are apparently on the way), lose Theo, lose Leroy, keep Troisi and remain with Bes as our marquee I don't think I can keep my membership up.

Everything about us at the moment is mirroring the staleness of the league and it's upsetting.

If we just recycle old A League players (Storm from CCM & Brown from Roar are apparently on the way), lose Theo, lose Leroy, keep Troisi and remain with Bes as our marquee I don't think I can keep my membership up.

Everything about us at the moment is mirroring the staleness of the league and it's upsetting.
I've pretty much lost complete interest. Don't think I'll renew tbh.

I can't help but agree with the last couple of posts.

I love football. I love the Victory. Being able to go every week was one of the best things about moving to Melbourne.

But I feel like due to our misadministration, the driving away of hardcore fans in the endeavour to win over columnists who will never support football, and the inability to grow the audience, we're watching football in Australia die in front of us.

There's a market for football here - we've seen it. But the aforementioned issues are going a long way to killing it. It kills the enthusiasm around it, and causes even diehards like me to lose faith. I'm a member this season, but I only remember going to 3 games. With the mate that I usually go with moving interstate, I just don't have a reason to - and I'm not adverse to going to sport at all, I do it all the time. But the product just isn't good enough or exciting enough to warrant it. Last season I was only really going to have a few beers with my mate.

I don't know if I'll be a member next year. I suspect I might just get a 5-game or a GA membership or something. But even that is probably more than the league deserves at the moment.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So our final will be on Sunday @ 6pm. Yep, a Sunday at 6pm. It's 100% clear that the FFA don't care about the fans and only care about the TV broadcasters.

So our final will be on Sunday @ 6pm. Yep, a Sunday at 6pm. It's 100% clear that the FFA don't care about the fans and only care about the TV broadcasters.

muscy said 9 days between final regular season game and final.... then after first final is ACL game on tues (?).

muscy said 9 days between final regular season game and final.... then after first final is ACL game on tues (?).
It's just stupid. How many families or working people who were 50/50 to go are going to just stay at home and watch it.

AAMI Park
Wed 18th (Victory vs Shanghai)
Fri 20th (City vs ______)
Sun 21st (Victory vs _____)

A Sunday game is ok, the team would prefer that extra day over a Saturday night but why is it 6pm? 5pm is the latest we kickoff on that time slot on a normal roster game. If they really wanted a crowd it would have been a 3pm kickoff time.

And whilst I'm at it, why is it that we have never started on time this year? I mean every kickoff is at least 5 minutes late. Even the divvy 3 ammos reserves can manage to keep within a minute of a kickoff time and half the lads are taking a piss behind the carpark with a minute to go.

It's just stupid. How many families or working people who were 50/50 to go are going to just stay at home and watch it.

AAMI Park
Wed 18th (Victory vs Shanghai)
Fri 20th (City vs ______)
Sun 21st (Victory vs _____)

A Sunday game is ok, the team would prefer that extra day over a Saturday night but why is it 6pm? 5pm is the latest we kickoff on that time slot on a normal roster game. If they really wanted a crowd it would have been a 3pm kickoff time.

And whilst I'm at it, why is it that we have never started on time this year? I mean every kickoff is at least 5 minutes late. Even the divvy 3 ammos reserves can manage to keep within a minute of a kickoff time and half the lads are taking a piss behind the carpark with a minute to go.

Im my days of yore we used to at times against teams we despised deliberately forget the combo to the visitors change rooms. but during or after our warm up we'd remember and theyd change and have limited warm up time. Sometimes then the ref would allow a slightly later start.

Anyone know of any places that one would be able to watch the game tonight if they weren't to have a foxtel account?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back