2017/18 Melbourne Victory Thread. We Are The Champions!!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Real low point in our History equal to the first season and the season Jim Magilton and Harry Kewell were at the club.Muscat got to Xmas or move him on.....

Not sure about that. But interesting take.

Wasn't he wanting to play in the Middle East, but returned?
How many times did you see him chase in this match? But seriously watch him over the next few months, as it is out of character for him I notice it a bit more when some big internationals are coming up.

This is nowhere near good enough from the biggest team in the country.

I've been a really staunch defender of Muscat, probably influenced by how much I loved and respected him as a foundation player. But I think I'm done defending him.
Surely we can find better - someone with some tactical flexibility, and someone who gives opportunities on form, not on name or reputation. He can't possibly argue that Barbarouses' output was better tonight that Theoharous' would've been. And even if we'd lost, at least we'd be able to say "well at least we blooded a young player."

That was just bullshit, especially when we were playing 9 men for close to 10 minutes.

#MuscatOut

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

How many times did you see him chase in this match?
This match? Honestly not once. Which is why I thought it was interesting. I guess when I get home I can watch it (I don't think I want to).
But seriously watch him over the next few months, as it is out of character for him I notice it a bit more when some big internationals are coming up.
I will. And I agree, he should be performing for his club no matter what outside incentives are relating to National selections.

haha i look forward to his presser...he will assure us we dominated and were just unlucky...

The period where they had 9 saw us pump balls into the box where they were all massed. Any team with half a clue will move the ball quickly and make runs off the ball until a chance opens up. It's inevitable with 11 v 9. But no we go direct.

Muscat can phuk right off. Sick of him and his unimaginative ways. Barbarouses replacing Rojas has been a disaster.
Well said.

I think it was more a romantic or nostalgic angle but so far hasn't worked.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kosta was horrible tonight cost us with that second goal by giving it straight back to them instead of holding it up! in fact all he did all night was give the ball straight back to an inbred player evey time it come to him.

Well said.

I think it was more a romantic or nostalgic angle but so far hasn't worked.
All three of the old boys signings so far all have been well below par...why we re-signed Kosta espically as his career went backwards over at the nix, was mind numbing and lacked any Imagination from the club.
I expect them to try and get Gui Finkler back at some stage,

CEO gone maybe a total clean out is the way to go.

Last edited:
All three of the old boys signings so far all have been well below par...why we re-signed Kosta espically as his career went backwards over at the nix, was mind numbing and lacked any Imagination from the club.
I expectbthem to try and get Gui Finkler back at some stage,

CEO gone maybe a total clean out is the way to go.
Yeah, I was pleased with Milligan coming back but it seems the club thought they could rejuvenate Kosta after his time at Wellington. As you say, it lacked imagination.

So we are trailing and need a goal. What does Muscat do? Bring on a left back instead of a striker. Moronic decision. Why even have Athiu on the bench in the first place if Muscat has no faith in him.

His subborness in refusing to change tactics and formations means he has to go now.

Think what you're seeing with this team is that people have been conned into thinking it's a decent squad, and sure when you look at the names on paper and the experience it may appear that way. Unfortunately you have to factor in that Valeri, troisi, berisha, barbarouses etc are on the decline. Throw in a coach who is inflexible on top of that and you get the current scenario.

How do you get a crack at 9 men for 10 minutes and not create one clear cut chance? It was disgraceful.

Give theoharous a start and chuck in kenny athiu as well, bet Muscat won't though.

Think what you're seeing with this team is that people have been conned into thinking it's a decent squad, and sure when you look at the names on paper and the experience it may appear that way. Unfortunately you have to factor in that Valeri, troisi, berisha, barbarouses etc are on the decline. Throw in a coach who is inflexible on top of that and you get the current scenario.

How do you get a crack at 9 men for 10 minutes and not create one clear cut chance? It was disgraceful.

Give theoharous a start and chuck in kenny athiu as well, bet Muscat won't though.

I think you're actually going a bit easy on Muscat in saying that the signings are on the decline. Kosta is only 27, Troisi is 29, Milligan continues to show that he's a beast at international level, and Berisha just isn't getting service.

This IS a pretty reasonable squad - we just have a coach that isn't getting anywhere near enough out of them, and refuses to drop them for poor form.

You blokes might think I've blown up tonight (albeit not as much as giggler :) ) - wait til next week when Barbarouses starts again, Theoharous isn't in the squad, and King Kenny is an unused sub!

It sucks even more when you see how well a bloke like Georgevski is going. I like Nigro - he's the 1 young bloke getting a chance - but he's horribly out of position at left back. Meanwhile the mad Maco is in the form of his life.

Unfortunately I've been informed that Theoharous will not be with us much longer.

Is on his way overseas most likely Germany.

That's why he wasn't in the squad at all tonight.

Yet again, we are about to lose another talented youngster who is good enough for a crack overseas yet it good enough to get minutes over Ingham or Austin.

Muscat has failed us in this department.

So we are trailing and need a goal. What does Muscat do? Bring on a left back instead of a striker. Moronic decision. Why even have Athiu on the bench in the first place if Muscat has no faith in him.

His subborness in refusing to change tactics and formations means he has to go now.

I'm no Muscat fan and have been vocal about that in here, but even for him, that was truly one of the most mind-blowingly bad, nonsensical things I've ever seen at a sporting match and alone should provide sufficient basis for his dismissal.

Unfortunately I've been informed that Theoharous will not be with us much longer.

Is on his way overseas most likely Germany.

That's why he wasn't in the squad at all tonight.

Yet again, we are about to lose another talented youngster who is good enough for a crack overseas yet it good enough to get minutes over Ingham or Austin.

Muscat has failed us in this department.

Well if your rumor is true I don’t blame Muscat for trying to keep him under raps. Some thing happen with Pasquali last season. Give the kids some game time and an overseas club comes calling when they show a little talent, don’t play them you get hounded for not playing the kids, it’s a damned if you don’t damned if you do situation.

Still Muscat Out!

The difference between Theoharous and Pasquali is that Pasquali had been too young for us to sign him to a professional contract, while we already have Theo under contract.

I understand that there's still a weird cultural thing that stop us demanding players stay - but we wouldn't have to let Theo go if we didn't want to.

I don't remember who said it, but I know it was said in reference to Gersbach - our players should go to Europe when there are 10 teams interested, not when 1 team is interested. If we made Theo stay it might end up being the best thing for him.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back