Fantasy 2017 - BFFFL Discussion (and 2016 hangovers)

Remove this Banner Ad

So you are suggesting I should stop downloading my pr0n during the draft.
unless it is 8 byte black and white text character outlines.

Actually, even then, stop it...

How do folks think that went?

The only two teams that worry me a bit due to autopicks are the ownerless team (was going to be Jatz but haven't heard from him) and matt_897 :

Matt_897s team

Jameis Winston TB - QB
Mike Evans TB - WR
Corey Coleman Cle - WR 
Ty Montgomery GB - RB
Isaiah Crowell Cle - RB 
Jordan Reed Was - TE
Kenny Britt Cle - WR
Stephen Gostkowski NE - K
Denver Den - DEF
Marvin Jones Jr. Det - WR
C.J. Fiedorowicz Hou - TE
Kenny Stills Mia - WR 
Trevor Siemian Den - QB
Ryan Mathews Phi - RB
Stephen Hauschka Buf - K
New York NYG - DEF

Two Ks, two D/STs and an IR FA RB isn't great auto pick results.

Empty Team2

Ben Roethlisberger Pit - QB
DeAndre Hopkins Hou - WR 
Larry Fitzgerald Ari - WR
Ezekiel Elliott Dal - RB
David Johnson Ari - RB
Martellus Bennett GB - TE
Jeremy Hill Cin - RB
Justin Tucker Bal - K
Houston Hou - DEF
Eric Ebron Det - TE
Terrelle Pryor Sr. Was - WR 
Marqise Lee Jax - WR
Joe Williams SF - RB
Jared Goff LAR - QB
Josh Lambo LAC - K
Arizona Ari - DEF

Again, two Ks (one of whom is a FA), two D/STs and a suspended Zeke isn't a great result.

Still, nothing some waiver wire work can't fix.
I will get the rosters into ESPN tomorrow night and then give you a day of waivers to fix problems...

Thanks for a quick draft guys, yell out if anyone is concerned...

So just to be sure, these teams are going to be loaded into ESPN like if we drafted in the thread?
Yep, will be up in ESPN tomorrow night...

I will also update the Google sheets with the picks and draft results...

I had to crash so auto-picked the last six rounds. I check now and 33% of those picks ended up being defences. Awesome?

Yeah did the same. Picked myself up another kicker and another defense :handok:

The other take away from the draft for me was feeling bad when everyone was paying out whoever it was for taking Cutler - I desperately wanted him to last to my pick that round because of having to shelve Luck. Turns out it's academic anyway, because it looks like Miami won't be playing round one.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The other take away from the draft for me was feeling bad when everyone was paying out whoever it was for taking Cutler - I desperately wanted him to last to my pick that round because of having to shelve Luck. Turns out it's academic anyway, because it looks like Miami won't be playing round one.

giphy.gif

My teams with Ajayi!

How do folks think that went?

The only two teams that worry me a bit due to autopicks are the ownerless team (was going to be Jatz but haven't heard from him) and matt_897 :

Matt_897s team

Jameis Winston TB - QB
Mike Evans TB - WR
Corey Coleman Cle - WR 
Ty Montgomery GB - RB
Isaiah Crowell Cle - RB 
Jordan Reed Was - TE
Kenny Britt Cle - WR
Stephen Gostkowski NE - K
Denver Den - DEF
Marvin Jones Jr. Det - WR
C.J. Fiedorowicz Hou - TE
Kenny Stills Mia - WR 
Trevor Siemian Den - QB
Ryan Mathews Phi - RB
Stephen Hauschka Buf - K
New York NYG - DEF

Two Ks, two D/STs and an IR FA RB isn't great auto pick results.

Empty Team2

Ben Roethlisberger Pit - QB
DeAndre Hopkins Hou - WR 
Larry Fitzgerald Ari - WR
Ezekiel Elliott Dal - RB
David Johnson Ari - RB
Martellus Bennett GB - TE
Jeremy Hill Cin - RB
Justin Tucker Bal - K
Houston Hou - DEF
Eric Ebron Det - TE
Terrelle Pryor Sr. Was - WR 
Marqise Lee Jax - WR
Joe Williams SF - RB
Jared Goff LAR - QB
Josh Lambo LAC - K
Arizona Ari - DEF

Again, two Ks (one of whom is a FA), two D/STs and a suspended Zeke isn't a great result.

Still, nothing some waiver wire work can't fix.
I will get the rosters into ESPN tomorrow night and then give you a day of waivers to fix problems...

Thanks for a quick draft guys, yell out if anyone is concerned...

Not great but the starters aren't terrible either. WR2 for Matt_897 is iffy but that second team put Hill in for Zeke if he actually misses any games. Pryor in at flex and it's pretty good really.

Teams are in the ESPN site, please let me know of any errors ASAP. You should be able to make waiver claims right now, which will process tomorrow I think.

Special shout out to STKO who took both Benjamins, making my job of manually entering results much easier for his team.

Scream out if there are issues...

Yahoo delivers some savage analysis then gives me a (soft and underserved) B- for my draft...

Any others have good insights??
Of your teams, not mine, dufus.

With Some Early Gambles, Bein's Team Hopefully Isn't Playing for Money

Draft Summary

If Bein's Team handles adversity during the season the way they did in this draft, it's going to be a long year. After receiving the 14th overall pick they were clearly rattled, which was made evident by their draft performance. As a result, they are projected to finish 12th in BFFFL League with a record of 5-9-0 (1,482 points).

Keeper Summary
Bein's Team used all three of their keeper positions, retaining a couple of signal-callers among their keepers-- Dak Prescott (89 ADP) and Derek Carr (99.1 ADP). On average, their three keepers are slightly more valuable (by 7.9%) than the average draft picks that they replaced.

Worst Position
Bein's Team has three positions where an upgrade could be beneficial, with QB being the most immediate need.

Schedule
While Week 9 has the most players on bye for Bein's Team (five), Week 11 is actually projected to have the team's highest number of idle fantasy points. Looking at the season as a whole, they have one of the toughest slates. Along with having the third-most demanding overall schedule, Bein's Team has the toughest first four games of the season.

Draft Notes
  • Maybe You Should Add Tony Gonzalez While You're At It
    Bein's Team must have missed the point of drafting a back-up. In Week 9, both David Njoku and Kyle Rudolph will be on bye.

• Stockpiling Talent at RB
    Bein's Team should be in good shape with three position groups projected to be better-than-average. RB is definitely the strongest among them.

• Afraid to Step Outside Your Comfort Zone?
    With nine "low-risk" players among their 16 picks, Bein's Team is looking for dependable help.

• Biggest Steal
    If other Yahoo! users are right, Bein's Team got a steal in the 10th round, when they selected Dak Prescott (147th overall pick vs. ADP of 89).

• A Superb Signal-Caller
    Dak Prescott is projected to rack up 313 points this year, enough to rank seventh among all QBs.

• Valuable Viking
    No tight end saw more overall targets (or red zone targets) than Rudolph last season, and Bein's Team will hope that trend continues.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back