List Mgmt. 2017 Free Agency & Trading - Part 2 (Take Gibbs talk to the Gibbs thread)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone tell me why we aren't looking at any of the delisted free agents? Surely there's one or two free agents out there we can pick up for dirt cheap as depth players... Howlett or Mckenzie?

First, we need to ask will they offer more than, pick 12, 39, Edwards, Greenwood, Keath.
Even if we use pick 39 for Edwards, are they better than say, Jarman, if not we will have to delist Cheney or CEY, to get them.

After that, we look at the rookie list, will the better ones still be available, if so are they worth a punt or do we rookie guys like Murphy,
we have 1 spot on the rookie list, with Jarman, Hunter, and Beech, Could be 3 spots if we delist Beech and Hunter of the rookie list.

Yes look at the delisted free agents but make sure they are better than the guys they will replace.

First, we need to ask will they offer more than, pick 12, 39, Edwards, Greenwood, Keath.
Even if we use pick 39 for Edwards, are they better than say, Jarman, if not we will have to delist Cheney or CEY, to get them.

After that, we look at the rookie list, will the better ones still be available, if so are they worth a punt or do we rookie guys like Murphy,
we have 1 spot on the rookie list, with Jarman, Hunter, and Beech, Could be 3 spots if we delist Beech and Hunter of the rookie list.

Yes look at the delisted free agents but make sure they are better than the guys they will replace.
But some of them a lot better than CEY, Hunter,Beech,Deer etc who we know don't provide a option.

But some of them a lot better than CEY, Hunter,Beech,Deer etc who we know don't provide a option.

Are they a lot better in the Roles these guys are playing,
More importantly, will they be around to be rookie listed. CEY and Dear are the only 2 you mention on the main list.
To replace Hunter or Beech they would be rookies. CEY maybe delisted of the main but will be on the rookie list.
You also have Dear on the list he has1 year left, I doubt the Crows will delist him and carry his salary in the Cap in 2018, Beside are there any tall Forward rucks in that group, Because you would have delisted the only backup rucks behind ROB on the list.

Again only need them if they are better than the guys they replace.

Can someone tell me why we aren't looking at any of the delisted free agents? Surely there's one or two free agents out there we can pick up for dirt cheap as depth players... Howlett or Mckenzie?
A DFA has to be better than a current Non-Contracted Crows players ......so who's not contracted?

But he is not a lock down defender, at WB he was criticised internally for being to offensive and for his lack of defensive accountability
Yes that was his Draft comparison with Daniel ......however he's now failed at two clubs & i still wouldn't like the mix he'd provide & the lack of flexibility

Yes that was his Draft comparison with Daniel ......however he's now failed at two clubs & i still wouldn't like the mix he'd provide & the lack of flexibility
I'd take Sam Collins before him but as a rookie he would only play if we had DT or another KPD injured

Failed at two clubs is correct

It would also be correct to say,

Thrown under the bus at one club
Led astray at the other

Needs a professional environment in a quiet city and a steady family influence

Given the rate we go through KPDs - Bock, Davis, Lever - i’d grab him as a rookie for sure

If he would agree to prove his wears in the SANFL for Sturt or something for a year, showing he really wants it and has the ability, that'd be ideal.

Attitude issues in a brother of one of the leadership group is a big risk. He needs to earn another shot at AFL if he wants it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If he would agree to prove his wears in the SANFL for Sturt or something for a year, showing he really wants it and has the ability, that'd be ideal.

Attitude issues in a brother of one of the leadership group is a big risk. He needs to earn another shot at AFL if he wants it.

I see what you’re saying but I reckon Daniel’s tough enough to make it work

Hopefully. Is he an UFA?

As he has been at the club for 10 years, he is an UFA meaning we get nothing for him if he wants to leave - although hopefully he has enough character to say he wants to go via a trade so we get something back

Yep, would need a pretty s**t year to get a decent pick for him, although hopefully Noble can get the AFL to adjust the compo to give mid and end of round picks, as opposed to attaching them to a players finishing positions. Makes far more sense IMO.

No, Sloane will be a Restricted Free Agent.

He signed his extension after 7 years of service. Even though hes been with us for 9 years now and going on 10, the rules state that players are eligible for Restricted Free Agency the first time they are out of contract, if they have served at least 8 years.

Its the same deal as Dangerfield.

Unlike Port we didn't have a heap of dud players to shed, then a stack of spots to fill.

What would Howlett or McKenzie add to our side?

Having failed at two clubs is a different argument to him being a lock down defender which he is obviously not

Which DFA Ruckman is better than Hunter in the role we want him for and salary we pay him?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
This guy Geoff ..

MELBOURNE

It could be the battle of the big men in the final five rounds of the season for the Demons, with both Cam Pedersen and Jake Spencer set to see their contracts expire. Both have shown an ability to impact at the top level this year and provided adequate cover for Max Gawn, so they could earn an extra year apiece

It's a pity that we couldn't get Lobbe...................
giphy.gif

CEY... I'd delist him but pick him up and rookie list him
I'd give Cheney a 1 year deal
Hunter & Beech I'd let go (Sam shaw also comes off the list? He was taking up a rookie spot?)
Jarman rookie list him again
Keath and Greenwood elevated.

So there will be a few spots vacant on the rookie list.
I'd look at:
M Talia
T Mckenzie
Maybe Howlett and obviously you will look at a ruckman that has played well around the country in the state leagues or a young ruckman that was overlooked in the draft.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back