No Oppo Supporters 2017 General AFL Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Provided he can maintain his independence, I actually think it will be a good thing, along with his willingness to front the media and clubs to explain his decisions. By round 7, all the clubs should know pretty much exactly what to expect for each infringement...

I know nothing about Michael Christian, but am willing to back him until/unless he proves an idiot!
He isn't independent, he's an employee. He will do what Gill and co want him to do and allows the AFL even more control on who gets off or not. I think it stinks.

Probably all just window dressing. Little will really change.

I do like the fsct they're going to try and speed up decisions so there isn't that lengthy delay anymore.

He isn't independent, he's an employee. He will do what Gill and co want him to do and allows the AFL even more control on who gets off or not. I think it stinks.
Fair enough... but just so you know, all the judges in every court in Australia are employees...

Fair enough... but just so you know, all the judges in every court in Australia are employees...
Very good, Lionel Murphy likes this. Rake is my favourite TV show of the last five years.

Michael Christian on SEN now saying that he will report to the AFL with his decision & then if they have an issue with his decision, then they will have a "discussion" to come to a final decision.

The word "corruption" rears it's head once again with the AFL.

This is giving further strength to the boys club that run the AFL & pity help any AFL club that has some how fallen foul of the AFL, as we did with the recruitment of Buddy, as any tribunal decision will have a tainted mark on it.
It will be easier to influence one person than it was to influence 3 or 4.

This is the worst possible outcome for any transparency from our tribunal decisions.
Rules on the run made by a bloke who was upset with the Dangerfield decision last season, who now will have the ability to strong arm Christian if he doesn't like a decision, who in turn can be strong armed by those at the top.

Sepp Blatter to apply for a position with the AFL.

Michael Christian on SEN now saying that he will report to the AFL with his decision & then if they have an issue with his decision, then they will have a "discussion" to come to a final decision.

This is giving further strength to the boys club that run the AFL & pity help any AFL club that has some how fallen foul of the AFL, as we did with the recruitment of Buddy, as any tribunal decision will have a tainted mark on it.

This is the worst possible outcome for any transparency from our tribunal decisions.
Rules on the run made by a bloke who was upset with the Dangerfield decision last season, who now will have the ability to strong arm Christian if he doesn't like a decision, who in turn can be strong armed by those at the top.

Couldn't agree more, it stinks.

o_O

Geezus

:devil::mad::eek::(:poo:

Is everyone onboard with the idea of a general boycott of all things aflx related?
I mean not having seen it yet; I'm fully prepared to give it a total and utter miss.

Is everyone onboard with the idea of a general boycott of all things aflx related?
I mean not having seen it yet; I'm fully prepared to give it a total and utter miss.
Nup, I'm going and looking forward to it. I love test cricket and enjoy The Big Bash so I'm hoping for the same kind of enjoyment from AFLX.

Will watch it because nothing else will be on. As long as it's played with a footy unlike international rules.

AFLW is on too but they have to shrink the ends of the ground before I think I will consistently tune in to that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Will watch it because nothing else will be on. As long as it's played with a footy unlike international rules.

AFLW is on too but they have to shrink the ends of the ground before I think I will consistently tune in to that.

I think if they played with a 3 foot string of sausages instead of a footy I might watch.
Or alternatively used Eddy Macguire's testicles - but only if he could still feel the pain every time they got a kicking.

God almighty save our souls from the Australian Open. It's usually the sporting event I look forward to most throughout the year other than the AFL but it's laughable how much the sport has declined over the last decade, even from when I was watching it as a kid/young teenager. The "Big Five" is code word for "only five men know how to play Grand Slam tennis", and the women's game isn't worth watching this year. It's more competitive but the only one who is actually enjoyable to watch probably won't be seen for most of this year.

The worst part is easily Channel 7 flogging off the "Wild one" and all the other bratty tennis players that make me cringe as an Australian. I need footy back ASAP

Don't know if this is the right place to post but do posters on the main board, particularly the scandals and rumours board understand defamation laws in Australia? Quite frankly I'm amazed the BF head honchos allow such garbage to be posted. Love this board but the greater BF main board is vile garbage,

Don't know if this is the right place to post but do posters on the main board, particularly the scandals and rumours board understand defamation laws in Australia? Quite frankly I'm amazed the BF head honchos allow such garbage to be posted. Love this board but the greater BF main board is vile garbage,
I have often wondered that myself.... I think they feel safe because they don't use their real names, lol :D:eek::rolleyes:

I have often wondered that myself.... I think they feel safe because they don't use their real names, lol :D:eek::rolleyes:

Also, succesfully defending defamation on an opinion board would be trivially easy..

Also, succesfully defending defamation on an opinion board would be trivially easy..
Not so much the opinions, like who is bad or good and that stuff, but some of the statements. Some of those guys seem to make pretty harsh statements about players with no regard for consequences. But you're probably very right... big footy is all about opinions... and who reads it but us!! :D

Champion data stating us as the most talented list is interesting to say the least and not in a complimentary way for the AFL as a 'professional sporting comp'.
Whether or not we have the most talented list is debatable, but it would certainly be in the top 4...BUT what it does show is that there's a good chance there isn't the 'elite' talent pool to support 18 teams. Our list would really drop away after player 13-15 and I imagine most top 4 lists would do the same.

The standard of footy the last 2 years has been pretty bloody ordinary to be truthful, no doubt caused by the addition of 2 teams, one after the other, and all the elite talent being suctioned up by those 2 clubs over 3 drafts. We're dead in the middle of a time period where that talent is/should be emerging/maturing as quality players and we're seeing the result of that 'talent gap' in the standard of footy we've been getting on the field. The top teams (which we are/should be one of) are probably carrying a more ordinary bottom 6 than they ever have before (atleast in the 21st century competition).

We saw a list win the flag last year that shouldn't have actually been anywhere near it, which just highlights the ordinariness of the comp lately. The drop off in talent amongst teams has made it a very even, which is good in some ways, but shithouse in terms of footy we're getting....it's just become a 'whoever puts in the most effort over the longest time period' gets the win sort of game (slight embellishment but not too far off).
It will be interesting to see if the quality starts to recover over the next year or 2 now that we're starting to get to an age where the post expansion drafts should start coming on or whether there just flat out isn't enough quality to support the 18 team comp and if the footy we've seen over the last couple years is the new standard.

I am trying to look for a new avatar and I have found that in no photograph does Isaac Heeney look cool.
Really? What's your definition of cool? Are you looking for action shots or portraits? Can I help? (I'm always happy to have a good excuse to look! :D)

20170510_heeney_p.jpg

upload_2018-1-21_22-44-39.jpeg

upload_2018-1-21_22-45-11.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back