Analysis 2017 List Management Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
But we get pick 2 which we can off load for two picks inside top 10 maybe.

Too early to say now but would you rather a #2 in Kelly or what Melbourne received for that pick; #3 Tyson & #9 Salem?

You don't pass up on special talent for a couple of foot soldiers.

SOS did himself no harm with his stance on Gibbs last year, but maybe even more-so with holding firm on not releasing our first for Marchbank, Pickett and whatever else may have come our way for it.

You won't always win the game but you have to know how to play it. Seems as though SOS has a pretty good idea.

Quoting myself here as I left out another important part in the equation;
Would you sooner play and be taught the game, under Bolton or either Buckley or Hardwick?

I can't believe we could have ever seriously been contemplating Barker for coach. Shake my head even thinking about it.

Too early to say now but would you rather a #2 in Kelly or what Melbourne received for that pick; #3 Tyson & #9 Salem?

In theory I absolutely agree. What if #2 ended up netting us 2 firsts that we then used on Hopper/Kennedy & Schache? Toss in our 2018 3rd to GWS.

Then trade Bryce for the Crows first and stay in the first round?

End result:

Out: pick 2, Gibbs & 2018 3rd
In: Hopper, Kennedy Schache and pick 15ish

Use 15 on best mid and that's 3 mids and our KPF to add to Harry, whilst keeping our 2018 first.

Net gain theory ;)

In theory I absolutely agree. What if #2 ended up netting us 2 firsts that we then used on Hopper/Kennedy & Schache? Toss in our 2018 3rd to GWS.

End result:

Use 15 on best mid and that's 3 mids and our KPF to add to Harry, whilst keeping our 2018 first.

Net gain theory ;)
I like it Salty but I don't reckon we'll get a first round for Gibbs.

End result:

Net gain theory ;)

To be quite honest, I'd rather have pick #2 and Gibbs than that. I don't like Schache's attitude at all. Kennedy is a decent player but nothing special, similar to what we'll get at pick #15 unless we're lucky (statistically speaking).

Hopper the only one that would be able to boost our side. But as far as I'm concerned, keeping pick #2 would be more beneficial. We practically get to pick from the most talented kids available with that sort of pick, would be nonsense to trade it.

To be quite honest, I'd rather have pick #2 and Gibbs than that. I don't like Schache's attitude at all. Kennedy is a decent player but nothing special, similar to what we'll get at pick #15 unless we're lucky (statistically speaking).

Hopper the only one that would be able to boost our side. But as far as I'm concerned, keeping pick #2 would be more beneficial. We practically get to pick from the most talented kids available with that sort of pick, would be nonsense to trade it.
Fair enough. Can't say I'm particularly impressed with Schache ATM myself, this time last year I was though.

I just look at it like this: if Hopper was in this draft, and he's only 20, would we take him? I'd suggest yes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Quoting myself here as I left out another important part in the equation;
Would you sooner play and be taught the game, under Bolton or either Buckley or Hardwick?

I can't believe we could have ever seriously been contemplating Barker for coach. Shake my head even thinking about it.

Because Barker had already been doing the job as caretaker, had worked with the players for a few years and had established a good relationship with the playing group. He was always going to be in the mix. I never really thought Barker would end up with the job though. A new broom was needed.

Thankfully, the club did their due diligence this time with the new appointment and managed to score the best young coach going around.

As season 2015 drew to a close I remember feeling quite scared, thinking (and I know I was not alone) we CANNOT afford to f*** this up.
This is a pivotal time, this is critical, the club HAS to get this right. We need to nail the coaching appointment and start nailing our draft selections. Thank god, it would seem that we did. :) :thumbsu:

Not sure the top 10 is full of foot soldiers and I definitely wouldn't describe the players you mentioned as that,thinking they have more talent.

Fair enough. Can't say I'm particularly impressed with Schache ATM myself, this time last year I was though.

I just look at it like this: if Hopper was in this draft, and he's only 20, would we take him? I'd suggest yes.

Is that because you rate Hopper higher than anyone in this year's draft? How would you rate Hopper pre-draft vs the draftees this year?

How would he compare v Fogarty, Rayner , LDU etc?

Not necessarily. Each draft year has its own dynamic and there's plenty to play out yet before we sort this year's lot out. There's two or three that strike me as better raw specimens than Hopper did in his year but time will tell.

Is that because you rate Hopper higher than anyone in this year's draft? How would you rate Hopper pre-draft vs the draftees this year?

How would he compare v Fogarty, Rayner , LDU etc?
Can't comment too much until I see the championships. Was a big fan of Hopper in his year and like what I've seen from him at AFL level.

Think he's been played out of position due to GWS' depth in midfield.

Not necessarily. Each draft year has its own dynamic and there's plenty to play out yet before we sort this year's lot out. There's two or three that strike me as better raw specimens than Hopper did in his year but time will tell.
You'd know better than I my friend. As I just mentioned, can't comment too much until I see them play a few games plus highlights. I'll probably backtrack in a couple months....;)

I am a pretty big fan of Hopper's ATM though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back