2017 NAB Rising Star (Carlton)

Who will finish highest in the 2017 NAB Rising Star?

• Sam Petrevski-Seton

Votes: 24 25.0%
  • Jack Silvagni

Votes: 22 22.9%
  • Zac Fisher

Votes: 4 4.2%
  • Harry McKay

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Caleb Marchbank

Votes: 10 10.4%
  • Patrick Kerr

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Charlie Curnow

Votes: 29 30.2%
  • Jarrod Pickett

Votes: 4 4.2%
  • David Cuningham

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • Jesse Glass-McCasker

• Other (post below)

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Bluey24

Club Legend
Oct 17, 2014
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
In the past two years, the Club has polled really well in the NAB Rising Star competition - with Crippa finishing 2nd in 2015 and Weiters 3rd in 2016.

I'm curious to see how people think we'll go in 2017. Of the eligible players listed, who do you think will poll highest?

My tip is Jack Silvagni.

In the past two years, the Club has polled really well in the NAB Rising Star competition - with Crippa finishing 2nd in 2015 and Weiters 3rd in 2016.

I'm curious to see how people think we'll go in 2017. Of the eligible players listed, who do you think will poll highest?

My tip is Jack Silvagni.

Likewise - will get the consistent game-time if not injured; wills himself into the play and will be noticed!

Surprised there are no votes for Marchbank so far.
I am all aboard the Jack Silvagni train for 2017 with front row seat but Marchbank being older will be hard to beat in this very strong field all from the one club. Jack has my vote but will be neck and neck whom poll most votes. Hope they do not steal them from each other.

Marchbank for me. If he remains injury free, I believe he will surprise many, showing why he was so highly regarded in his draft year

The sentimental favourite would be Silvagni and will back up his first year extremely well

Haven't seen a group of talented youngsters at CFC in a while, very exciting

Given a clear run with injuries, I reckon Charlie Curnow could make a huge statement this season. Regardless, when you look at the names in the poll and add Cripps and Weitering, I can't remember a stronger group of talented youngsters at the Blues.

Doesn't matter CFC never wins the rising star ......
I'd go on further - doesn't matter IF Carlton wins a rising star! Means close to nothing except for some kudos to the player. Without looking, I'd guess it's middling or bottom teams who get the rising star wins.

Marchbank all the way! 51-1 free money

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nice to have options for this

I think we could easily have 5-6 nominations. SPS Polson Fisher Marchbank Charlie McKay leBois Cuningham & Silvagni all realistic. Like to pick Lebois but I think SPS will show his class and is ready. Polson not far behind

Last edited:
Multiple nominations would be a great sign for club's recuiters and coaches and development programs.

SPS, SOJ. Charlie, JP, CuNingham, Marchbank... so many contenders makes for a fun year of watching coming up.

Its a political award voted by brain dead Galahs. How a second rate bum like Lewy Taylor beat The Bont is disgraceful.

Multiple nominations would be a great sign for club's recuiters and coaches and development programs.

SPS, SOJ. Charlie, JP, CuNingham, Marchbank... so many contenders makes for a fun year of watching coming up.

Agree that would a great outcome for CFC , most of players you mention should be able achieve a nomination.
Go Baggers

Its a political award voted by brain dead Galahs. How a second rate bum like Lewy Taylor beat The Bont is disgraceful.
They have a pretty good track record with picking the best player somewhere in the top three.

Curious why Charlie Curnow is getting so many more votes than Caleb Marchbank.
Charlie missed a good junk of footy last year from sickness and is younger.
Reckon it will still take him a bit of time just to find his feet in 2017.
I am expecting a lot more from him in 2018.

Back