2nds 2017 - Peel Thunder

Discussion in 'Fremantle' started by Unique Name, Dec 20, 2016.

Put it out there
  1. masai

masai Norm Smith Medallist

Fremantle
    Other teams:
    East Rottnest
    Vlahos is just showing his Royals roots.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2. masai

Fremantle
    Other teams:
    East Rottnest
    Can someone please explain why it appears that "supporters" have the daggers poised over Logue ?.

Granted he's a high draft pick, but from what I've seen, he's improving with every minute of game time.

One_Wing, Righteo, theGav56 and 2 others like this.
  3. masai

Fremantle
    Other teams:
    East Rottnest
    Already lost NicNat ( most / all season ), Lycett ( good number of weeks ) and Masten ( brain injury ).

Hilton71 likes this.
  4. scon

scon Brownlow Medallist

Fremantle
    Other teams:
    Long haired Champs.
    Have to have one to hurt it.

5. jedi mind tricks

jedi mind tricks Brownlow Medallist

Fremantle
    Other teams:
    Yes I totally agree

Defending well won't win games at afl. You need to be able to kick goals and Freo lack potency in the forward line.

dockerfemme likes this.
  6. Dump Truck

Dump Truck All Australian

Fremantle
    Other teams:
    Tottenham Hotspur
    Reykjavik- The magical capital of Iceland
    Basically it's the high draft pick. He hasn't been poor and from all reports trained hard and earned a lot of respect from the players. Also, some posters may have expected him to be a C.Judd type and dominate from day 1. He was always going to be a project player and despite his plug in and play frame he'll realistically struggle to play more than 5-6 games this year if he's lucky. And that's not a knock on him, we just probably will err on the side of caution with him.

DannyTheDoorman, Scham and meima like this.
  7. meima

meima Brownlow Medallist

Fremantle
    Other teams:
    I think Collins will be ahead of logue , but if injury to ibbo or sutty , logue will be able to step in but like DT said don't expect too much in his first year.

Rhino20 likes this.
  8. wayToGo_

wayToGo_ Premiership Player

Fremantle
    Other teams:
    The way he moved through the pack at the very first centre bounce last night is something I could watch over and over. Good football IQ, is agile, has good vision and good hands. If he had pace he'd be unbelievable. I'd toss a coin between him and Darcy for BOG - we only lost one centre clearance all night from memory? Reckon Crozier will get the nod though as RtB will be a bit risk averse for round 1.

9. Sweetback

Sweetback Premiership Player

Fremantle
    Other teams:
    Some people have a highly developed fear of either missing out or stuffing up that feeds into their general feelings of inadequacy, leading to an unshakable sense of resentment and increasingly antisocial behaviour. After a long period of club failure, these people become Richmond supporters. Pray we get a flag in the next five years.

scon likes this.
  10. Unique Name

Unique Name Norm Smith Medallist

Fremantle
    Other teams:
    Does the Ch7 app eventually upload the replay?

11. dockerfemme

dockerfemme All Australian

Fremantle
    Other teams:
    I did read the interview with Mark Duffield.

I agree with a lot of the things you say here - I think there was a lot of good things from Peel last night, and I think there is some promise in our youth.

I also agree that we shouldn't play like Hawthorn or the Bullies. It is actually better, I think, not to play like others as it means our opposition have to structure differently to deal with us, rather than the norm.

However, IMHO, we have to be able to attack and defend, not just defend. Maybe we only need to change the way we play by a few tweaks. In the JLT game against Collingwood Sandi got the ball wide at stoppages and we attacked well from that. We seemed to have some interesting things going on inside forward 50, with the rucks drifting down, Fyfe and Mundy drifting in and out.

Then against Carlton we seemed to revert to our norm, keep the ball in close at the stoppage and bomb the ball inside 50 and cross your fingers. Peel seemed to play that way last night.

I don't understand why our game plan requires that we have no apparent structure or tactics inside 50. I think Freo and Peel would benefit greatly from a little more attacking style.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

12. Hilton71

Hilton71 Rookie

Fremantle
    Other teams:

13. Hilton71

Hilton71 Rookie

Fremantle
    Other teams:
    Not easily riled, but early on pretty sure Dennis jokingly referred to Peel Thunder as Fremantle which was met with a deafening silence by the rest of the commentary team. Just thought it was childish and showed his blatant bias. Came across as a complete tosser IMO.

14. Carnthedockers

Carnthedockers Club Legend

Fremantle
    Other teams:
    Agree with what you say, but it helps when you have the cattle to attack. Without a gun forward line, you need an exceptional midfield.

scon and meima like this.
  15. Sweetback

Sweetback Premiership Player

Fremantle
    Other teams:
    Yep, one of the gambles on a player with an injury history that might actually pay off.

theGav56 likes this.
  16. Geoff

Geoff Premium Platinum

Fremantle
    Other teams:
    East Fremantle
    If we're truely in development mode, Collins would be my pick before Dawson. Every game Zac plays the starting score line is -12 points.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

17. Superkoops

Superkoops Club Legend

Fremantle
    Other teams:
    I agree. Didn't enjoy Dennis at all. He sounded like he had no idea about what was going on in general and that is very unlike him. Not sure why he is still going and sounded like someone who has tapped out and had reluctantly agreed to tour John Farnham style one last time.

18. Righteo

Righteo Purple Campaigner

Fremantle
    Other teams:
    Boston Celtics - The Brew Crew
    Easy money. You can see why he stepped down from calling AFL games, just became so lazy and disinterested in footy over the last few years.

19. Scham

Scham Norm Smith Medallist

Fremantle
    Other teams:
    West Perth
    I haven't really enjoyed Dennis's calling for years now. Always found him quite condescending towards us. But thought he was ok last night even though he clearly has tapped out and is enjoying semi retirement and he would've loved for the Eagle seconds to have won, his call was much better than the jokers 7mate normally get. Much better.

20. Kram

Kram I'll brik u

Fremantle
    Other teams:
    Chicago Bears
    Great commentator but for a smartarse wasn't Dennis pretty much a failure as both a player and coach himself?

21. wafti123

wafti123 Debutant

Fremantle
    Other teams:
    Dennis did have a soft spot for Clive if i remember correctly.

22. Scham

Fremantle
    Other teams:
    West Perth
    No good as a coach but he was a good player.

23. Clems Knee

Clems Knee Norm Smith Medallist

Fremantle
    Other teams:
    Played and coached for the wrong club. Source of a lot of the smartarsedness that people complain about. :D

24. Scham

Fremantle
    Other teams:
    West Perth
    I was waiting for that from you, what took you so long?

25. Clems Knee

Clems Knee Norm Smith Medallist

Fremantle
    Other teams:
    I was as quick as I could be!

Seriously, I don't think Commetti was that bad. He was there as the special comments person, not as the main commentator. As such it was a new role for him, and he generally did pretty well, apart from some self indulgent banter in one of the quarters.
    The calling the WAFL teams after their AFL aligned clubs probably both reflect his years of AFL focus and a nod to West Perth's position on the alignments.

Scham likes this.