Universal Love 2017 Player Advocate Interest

Remove this Banner Ad

When will draft order be announced?

I have a player I've got my eye on but his popularity means I may need an early pick

Sunday night, once the list of participants is finalised, I'll run an online randomiser and post the results

Last chance to register for the Player Advocates Draft for 2017 for anyone not in last years..

Also need confirmation of participation from the following or you will be removed from this years draft.
(Listed are those who have not reserved a player, or whom I haven't heard from directly)

pup218
peters17
Danny88
Big dog 25
Vic pokiesmon
BarryAglett
JC100

Cut off for registration is Sunday 4th Dec 10pm
Draft will commence 7pm Monday 5th Dec
Can I PM my choices? I dont get home until around 8:45?
My prefences have changed a little but happy to chance it in the draft.

Can I PM my choices? I dont get home until around 8:45?
My prefences have changed a little but happy to chance it in the draft.
For sure if a previous participant, be sure to include "The artist formally known as......" :)

:pThat's all good but not actually a previous participant.
No worries then mate, I have not checked the detail from the last draft, but would be inclined to go with 24 hours per pick limit , we do have a few months to idle away ;)

No worries then mate, I have not checked the detail from the last draft, but would be inclined to go with 24 hours per pick limit , we do have a few months to idle away ;)
:blush:Ok ta
I didn't realise. Joined last season so previous years a mystery. Thought it was real time for some reason.

No need to be sitting by a computer Monday night. The way it worked last time, and the way our draft master appears to be planning for this is this...

Draft runs over multiple days. Each member picks in draft order beginning at the nominated date and tme. Each member will get up to 24h to post their pick. After that the draft master invites the next in order to pick. The draft can drag out for few days this way, but it gives us a chance to consider each selection. It was fun last time when done this way.

Determinant, correct me if I am off beam...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So Determinant i just want to get this straight in my head.

Is this the way it's going to work...

1: you determine a random draft order (or is it determined by the order that we expressed an interest in participating?)

2: Those of us with pre-listed players in effect lose our first round pick as the pick is taken by our pre-listed player.

3: Round 2/3 (4?) proceeds in order with open slather.

Another question I have is the women's team. Will that be a separate draft or can I take Nicola Barr with my second round pick in this draft?

I was hoping to snake one of the women without notice.

First - sorry

Second - you excellently demonstrate that context is an important thing. That statement, just on its own, not in a draft thread, and without the question I had asked, might be... concerning:cool:

Last edited:
So Determinant i just want to get this straight in my head.

Is this the way it's going to work...

1: you determine a random draft order (or is it determined by the order that we expressed an interest in participating?)

2: Those of us with pre-listed players in effect lose our first round pick as the pick is taken by our pre-listed player.

3: Round 2/3 (4?) proceeds in order with open slather.

Another question I have is the women's team. Will that be a separate draft or can I take Nicola Barr with my second round pick in this draft?

1. yup, but order will be randomised using one of the many online tools designed for the purpose, then proceed in snake order.
2. Correct
3. Correct
I had not considered the women's team, not included nor excluded, but suggest it should be a separate draft as I believe it may have a different list of people wanting to actively support

No need to be sitting by a computer Monday night. The way it worked last time, and the way our draft master appears to be planning for this is this...

Draft runs over multiple days. Each member picks in draft order beginning at the nominated date and tme. Each member will get up to 24h to post their pick. After that the draft master invites the next in order to pick. The draft can drag out for few days this way, but it gives us a chance to consider each selection. It was fun last time when done this way.

Determinant, correct me if I am off beam...
Spot on :)

I think one draft is enough, if someone doesn't want to take on the roll of advocate for any of the women players, they can just pass when it comes to their turn if there are only the girls left. It would stretch it out by a couple of rounds, but it's not like we don't have the time.

I think one draft is enough, if someone doesn't want to take on the roll of advocate for any of the women players, they can just pass when it comes to their turn if there are only the girls left. It would stretch it out by a couple of rounds, but it's not like we don't have the time.
Can live with it but it means I'll have to do some research on the women's list.
Probably not a bad rhing on reflection

Last edited:
Last chance to register for the Player Advocates Draft for 2017 for anyone not in last years..

Also need confirmation of participation from the following or you will be removed from this years draft.
(Listed are those who have not reserved a player, or whom I haven't heard from directly)

Danny88
Big dog 25
Vic pokiesmon
BarryAglett
JC100

Cut off for registration is Sunday 4th Dec 10pm
Draft will commence 7pm Monday 5th Dec
Thought I had already confirmed?

Keeping Whitfield

Don't disagree really, as I said I hadn't really considered their inclusion either way.
My response this morning was driven more by the fact there there is only a couple of days before we start drafting, and I'd think it ideal if we beat that drum and try to engage new participants for it, in particular those who have an interest in that league.
ie a facebook post to the giants group that Robert runs to get some new blood for it.

Available players

Davis
Hopper
Greene
Deledio
Ward
Smith
Setterfield
Cumming
Taranto
Wilson
Johnson