2017 Trade and FA thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Well written. Reading that does make me feel a little depressed and then I correct myself and say: "that's spottthedog1's opinion, and he is entitled to that" just like anyone else. It does make me want me to ask 2 questions but:
1) Why follow the Lions when you have so much pain & scepticism in your assessment?
2) Wouldn't another team give you more enjoyment to follow & support rather than sticking with a side given that you believe they have "too much stacked against them"?
I'm British, and as such I crave disappointment. Also, you don't change clubs without good reason. "Because they aren't doing well" isn't a reason. "I didn't like a decision" isn't a reason.

Acceptable reasons to change clubs include disagreeing with a moral/ethical decision or theirs, and that's about it. I think if Brisbane had the Essendon supplements scandal, I'd have changed clubs. Deliberate salary cap cheating (ala Melbourne Storm), that sort of thing. Poor performance, or even poor outlook, not so much.

Crazy to think Hartung was delisted. Had it on goog authority he had a contract in front of him for a fair while this year. He was also in talks with the Eagles then there was the report he flew to Brisbane. I reckon surely he's coming to us. I wonder what happened regarding the Hawks initial offer.

Really, really, REALLY don't want Hartung.

Only upside to him is that he will take the whipping boy pressure off everyone else. The way he plays will drive people absolutely bonkers.

Crazy to think Hartung was delisted. Had it on goog authority he had a contract in front of him for a fair while this year. He was also in talks with the Eagles then there was the report he flew to Brisbane. I reckon surely he's coming to us. I wonder what happened regarding the Hawks initial offer.
Surely he has an offer on the table from another club and hasn't accepted the hawks offer. Whether that offer is from us or not who knows.

Hodgey hid it.

Menzel also had a 2 year deal in front of him earlier in the year and is now expected to only get a one year deal.

Similar situation with Josh Green last year.

If Crameri gets picked up by any team at all I would happily wager $1000 with you that next year he will not kick 50 goals.
Not saying I want Crameri, but we could do with a key forward who can kick 35-40 goals. Not signing a guy because he's not going to kick 50 goals is setting your sights high...

Not saying I want Crameri, but we could do with a key forward who can kick 35-40 goals. Not signing a guy because he's not going to kick 50 goals is setting your sights high...
That quote is not in relation to the deciding factors in whether I would want Crameri. More to do with me thinking with his injuries, age and lack of senior football over the last 2 years, he would be incapable of kicking 50 goals in a season. Would be a good bet. Happy to be proven wrong though (unless I have money on it).

How can I ignite the fire in my heart when you've got your foot in my face!
Not sure... never given anyone the chance. ;)
DIzVSOjWAAAWlwd.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just ask 3KZ Football... a gun apparently! I'd rather pick up Lennon as a DFA.

Actually if McKenzie is delisted, then definitely him. Kicks better than basically our entire squad
Myth. Can kick it long but accuracy was never his strong suit and he's turned to shit now after a very promising start to his career. Outside of Schache he would be the weakest body on body player I have seen. Pass for mine.

Only upside to him is that he will take the whipping boy pressure off everyone else. The way he plays will drive people absolutely bonkers.
If Boekhurst doesn't re-sign/gets delisted I would take him ahead of Hartung for an outside ball carrier. His foot skills are a leap year ahead of Hartung and offers similar run and carry. However, much like Hartung he has weaknesses that the majority of outside runners possess... struggles to win the contested/loose ball and relies on a strong midfield group to excel.

That quote is not in relation to the deciding factors in whether I would want Crameri. More to do with me thinking with his injuries, age and lack of senior football over the last 2 years, he would be incapable of kicking 50 goals in a season. Would be a good bet. Happy to be proven wrong though (unless I have money on it).
Given his highest season total is 37 goals, I'd say you're playing it pretty safe.
Only 8 players kicked more than 50 goals last 2 seasons - he not in that bracket by a long way.

Make it interesting... assuming he gets signed, make it 25 goals! He's kicked 30 or more 5 times. This year he kicked 1. If you think he's damaged goods you should be well safe at that mark, but may get a taker for your bet!

Really looks like they have one (if not two) uncontracted/DFA's lined up, perhaps an upgrade for Barrett or big O. They have 7 spots to fill. Surprised at Cain not getting another chance - maybe Gold Coast have said they would take him and we replied "ok".

At 14 set a Mornington Peninsula Junior Football League record for most goals kicked in a single game with 20 goals straight....

At 14 set a Mornington Peninsula Junior Football League record for most goals kicked in a single game with 20 goals straight....

In that case lets draft hi. With pick 1!

Got to say am a little surprised , thought only one of the forwards would go , most likely close and thought Claye would hang on , hope Dayne was on board with the decision . His form wasn't bad last few games , he has been ruined by injury

A real statement by fagan ! Looks like he means business

Really looks like they have one (if not two) uncontracted/DFA's lined up, perhaps an upgrade for Barrett or big O. They have 7 spots to fill. Surprised at Cain not getting another chance - maybe Gold Coast have said they would take him and we replied "ok".

Just on Cian I thought David Noble said they would delist him and re rookie him after the draft. So I thought he’d be back on our list.

My point is that we have lost our best midfielder cum forward and our future full forward so unless we find even short term replacements we could come last again. That would create even worse crowds, further debt and the continual decline of the Brisbane Lions in the Qld sporting market. If you want to keep young talent you need to start winning games

Dayne Beams has gone??

My point is that we have lost our best midfielder cum forward and our future full forward so unless we find even short term replacements we could come last again. That would create even worse crowds, further debt and the continual decline of the Brisbane Lions in the Qld sporting market. If you want to keep young talent you need to start winning games
He was a real hit with the lads,really pulled them into line

I kicked 26 straight once in the back yard against my little brother........before half time!

I'm entering the PSD

Confidence is high!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back