List Mgmt. 2017 Trade & FA Targets Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we just take 7 and 8 to the bank for the best available mids.

Bit worried about next year with no Riewoldt, Montagna or big fish. Our onfield leadership has taken a massive hit and I hope we stand up.

Kindve weird that we encouraged Joey & Roo to retire to free up cap space but can't land a big fish. Too late to get them back?

Ever wondered why we aren't landing the so called big fish, well i can tell you managers are having trouble convincing players to go to Seaford no one want's to travel down there & it's not an easy commute most players live inner city & before you mention Moorabbin the club wont official be there until the end of 2018.

It has been a poor selling point since we moved in, name the last "A" grader to sign since we have been at Seaford i can tell none & managers can't get a bite.
To a degree. Had Kelly left for another club then fair enough. But he didn't.

Spoke to Trout a few years back when we were into Sloane and he basically said how difficult it is to get players to move in the first place.

Big names moving are few and far between.

I know what you mean. My thought would be to see what happens during trade period if we don't get a star extend contracts for acres dunstan Steele Gresham... yeah they might be overpaid but if it's overpay our young guns to get to to 105% and be able to spend 105% for the next 2 years then it's worth it. Plus we'd have signed the players we want for longer as well as front loading allowing us to spend a s**t ton of money next year.

Yes I know the rules but the dangers are players expect that money for ever but even more of a danger is a player turns from a RFA to a FA if not in the 25% of the top paid players at the club. Also I think we maybe close to 3 and half million at least short of 105%. We aren't going to be able to get anywhere near that front loading. We may need to front load to get to 95% let alone 105%. Remember we just retired about 1.7 million out of the cap and the cap also increased by 2 million of which probably only a million will be given to players because of contracts.

Yes I know the rules but the dangers are players expect that money for ever but even more of a danger is a player turns from a RFA to a FA if not in the 25% of the top paid players at the club. Also I think we maybe close to 3 and half million at least short of 105%. We aren't going to be able to get anywhere near that front loading. We may need to front load to get to 95% let alone 105%. Remember we just retired about 1.7 million out of the cap and the cap also increased by 2 million of which probably only a million will be given to players because of contracts.

I still get the feeling we will eat a big contract like Tippet's to help get us to 105% this year. Then we get Florent or someone similar as part of the deal or maybe even a 1st in 2018 as part of the deal. Pretty sure Tippet only has 1 year left so it would stuill give us room to go big fish hunting again next year as his number would come off the books then.

Kindve weird that we encouraged Joey & Roo to retire to free up cap space but can't land a big fish. Too late to get them back?
Its only the fish we have posted about. Only OOC's.

GC is ripe for the picking. Who saw Mitchell and Lewis being off loaded.

The surprises will come. Nobody saw our deal with Hawthorn.

Also Roo and Joey were cooked.

Very interesting point.. We will have to spend at least 2.5-3 million more on top of last year if we are going to make it to 105%.. I'd expect we will be bringing someone in on big money... Weather or not they are worth it we shall see

Its only the fish we have posted about. Only OOC's.

GC is ripe for the picking. Who saw Mitchell and Lewis being off loaded.

The surprises will come. Nobody saw our deal with Hawthorn.

Also Roo and Joey were cooked.

Correct. For all we know, the club has been working on other players behind the scenes.

We tend to get fixated on specific names without knowing who the club is into.

Two first rounders still gives us decent clout over contracted players.

A big fish does not have to be ooc or an FA. These players are discussed because their contract status is obvious.

Plenty to look forward to IMO even if it has to on draft night.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I still get the feeling we will eat a big contract like Tippet's to help get us to 105% this year. Then we get Florent or someone similar as part of the deal or maybe even a 1st in 2018 as part of the deal. Pretty sure Tippet only has 1 year left so it would stuill give us room to go big fish hunting again next year as his number would come off the books then.
Unless he is starting 22, why would you bother? You are basically paying Florent $800k.

Would rather give that to Rocky.

Not sure why Seaford gets such a bad wrap when Tullamarine is probably just as bad location wise.
Speaking as someone who lives 10 minutes away from the Essendon base it's really not.

It's about 15km's from the city, Tullamarine the suburb is shithouse no doubt but most players live in Essendon or Ascot Vale which are all nice suburbs that houses are worth a decent amount.

Seaford is god knows where for inner suburb people like myself.

I still to this day don't know where that is

What rubbish.

He gave us Intel that he believed to be correct. A number of people on the forum & outside of it too have supported this as being correct.

I think you may need to look up the definition of troll mate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My issue isn't with what hes said; it's how he's said it.

He's been unequivocal about it being a done deal blah blah- never backing away from that despite countless chances to be less sensationalist about his claimed knowledge.

He hasn't portayed it as him 'just passing on what he's heard' at all.

There's a massive difference between someone saying:

"Hey mate, your dog is dead."

Then just repeating "yep, 100% definately dead" everytime you ask "really?"

Vs someone saying:

"Hey, they could be totally mistaken- but I heard from your neighbour that your dog got hit by a car"

Here's another go;

Rocky as a big $ FA

Send 7 & 8 to GC for their 1st next year (likely to be top 3) & a 2nd rounder this year (#20 or so).

Use 20 at the draft or send it to Sydney for Tippett & Florent

Hickey to the highest bidder

Take that pick to the draft & take best young mid available.

Go into 2018 with another 2 first rounders to pry loose someone or get our hands on the next Roo & his midfield buddy in 14 months time.

Speaking as someone who lives 10 minutes away from the Essendon base it's really not.

It's about 15km's from the city, Tullamarine the suburb is shithouse no doubt but most players live in Essendon or Ascot Vale which are all nice suburbs that houses are worth a decent amount.

But most saints players live around Mordy or parkdale or brighton so it isn't that much difference in time to seaford. And the traffic is better going to seaford than on the Tulla. Either way both aren't in great spots.

You pass it on the way back from playing golf on the peninsula

My issue isn't with what hes said; it's how he's said it.

He's been unequivocal about it being a done deal blah blah- never backing away from that despite countless chances to be less sensationalist about his claimed knowledge.

He hasn't portayed it as him 'just passing on what he's heard' at all.

There's a massive difference between someone saying:

"Hey mate, your dog is dead."

Then just repeating "yep, 100% definately dead" everytime you ask "really?"

Vs someone saying:

"Hey, they could be totally mistaken- but I heard from your neighbour that your dog got hit by a car"

He had very good mail.

He wasn't trolling at all.

Don't scare off the people that can give us some inside word, even if it doesn't come off.

Has Jelly re-signed yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back