List Mgmt. 2017 Trade & FA Targets Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If

We were contending and needed a ruck forward, then fair enough.

Here's my take on the situation...

Firstly, it's interesting that in all the Dusty & Kelly talk, we haven't been mentioned as making huge offers.

That tells me that the club has been restrained in its dealings. Add the Fyfe speculation and it makes sense. There is a cut off point.

Secondly, summers sat down with Costa to pick his brains about running a successful club. The we have Pelchen who came from the Hawks. Both clubs have a common thread: long term success hinges on keeping your core group together and you don't do this without a balanced approach to salary cap.

Hawks we happy to let go of Buddy for that reason and subsequently kept their core together. The results are there to see.

So it wouldn't surprise me if the club is willing to deal, but not be stupid about it. If so, the club deserves credit IMO.

In terms of trades and big fish...

We have trade currency. If a player still has a year or two to run, a club may look at going early.

The only reason Gibbs didn't go was because the Crows didn't have the currency to make it happen.

We do. So I wouldn't rule out potential A grade players, under contract, who be looking to move.

The club will have approached managers and ask the question.

A club may see two firsts this year as a better option than next year when the player becomes OOC.

I reckon that if we got Kelly, it would have been for a lot less that Norf's offer. As we have now seen, it's not all about the $$ for Josh. So if he came to us it would be for mire reasons than $$.
Ripping post

Might've won a flag but how many lives have been ruined. Just using the West Coast era as a reference guide to what could happen if they don't smarten up. Time will tell.
I couldnt give a toss of what happens in their private lives.
If Saints won a flag and then all of them got on to the pinga's, banged each others wives, burnt dwarfs, boofed schoolgirls etc, I wouldnt care if it ruined the club for 5 years.

Facts are Bulldogs got one. Saints hzve got SFA.

I couldnt give a toss of what happens in their private lives.
If Saints won a flag and then all of them got on to the pinga's, banged each others wives, burnt dwarfs, boofed schoolgirls etc, I wouldnt care if it ruined the club for 5 years.

Facts are Bulldogs got one. Saints hzve got SFA.

Yea well I've got a bit more emphathy for their post footy lives. Why don't we employee Dank & the Weapon to help get us that elusive flag?

Adrian+Dodoro+tmHMwpzvbNHm.jpg

"My last offer is our fourth rounder and Brent Stanton"
Gettin' it done, whatever it takes.

It seems like Dodo is more of a cheapskate away from the trade table than he is at it; clothes that look like they were stolen out of bags left for the Salvos, and an iPhone 5C which is inherently a cheap POS phone people bought so they could say they had an iPhone.

I follow a number of players on Insta & there's a distinct contract between many of the Saints boys & the Dogs players. There was a post where 2-3 Dogs players were getting stuck into Stringer for missing rehab ffs. Total lack of social media awareness. Then the post where Stringer addresses the JJ & ex-wife rumours look like something written by a 12 year old.

Yep so what does that mean?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dank and Weapon has nothing to do with a footballers private life.

Bulldogs 1
Saints 0

Club culture impacts private lives. Most of the footy players hang out with footy players - their work colleagues. It's why extremely talented blokes like Stringer get moved on. It's also why many clubs likely won't touch him cos they don't want him to negatively impact their club culture & influence the group.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back