List Mgmt. 2023 Trade Thread - Part I

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

If the nick haynes/hunter clark deal ìs on the table, you HAVE to take it. Besides potentially getting a 1st round pick, it gives you way more flexibility in the long run.

You take on Haynes massive deal for 1 year, and then all that cap space opens up again in 12 months, allowing you to pursue high class player.

As for Hunter, this is going to sound really harsh but he as he is right now, he is the true definition of a list clogger. Hes not some scrub that doesnt deserve to be on a AFL list, he is very much an AFL quality player. But unless he improves his deficiencies, he is sitting as somewhere between the 18th and 26th best player on your team. He is too good to be delisted and will continue to get contracts and take up list spots and cap space that could be used to take more swings (finding talent at the back of the drafts is a numbers game).

Im more than happy to keep hunter if this doesnt end up happening, but if a high pick and a chance to lure a highly talented player with big money next year is available, i believe thats best for the club

If the nick haynes/hunter clark deal ìs on the table, you HAVE to take it. Besides potentially getting a 1st round pick, it gives you way more flexibility in the long run.

You take on Haynes massive deal for 1 year, and then all that cap space opens up again in 12 months, allowing you to pursue high class player.

As for Hunter, this is going to sound really harsh but he as he is right now, he is the true definition of a list clogger. Hes not some scrub that doesnt deserve to be on a AFL list, he is very much an AFL quality player. But unless he improves his deficiencies, he is sitting as somewhere between the 18th and 26th best player on your team. He is too good to be delisted and will continue to get contracts and take up list spots and cap space that could be used to take more swings (finding talent at the back of the drafts is a numbers game).

Im more than happy to keep hunter if this doesnt end up happening, but if a high pick and a chance to lure a highly talented player with big money next year is available, i believe thats best for the club

While Nick Coffield and Josh Battle run around at Trevor Barker Beach Oval. Perhaps one of them can go into the midfield rotation to cover for Hunter Clark.

Haynes is older than every player currently on the St Kilda list. And does not play in a position of need.

"We need midfielders!"

"Lets trade out a midfielder for another intercept marking defender who is sub-195cm tall"

For a first round draft pick in a weak draft.

Hmmm.

Huge NO to tarryn Thomas, watched him on Saturday, has all the talent in the world but has no drive and is lazy and uninterested. Looks to be a poison for the culture. Would take they Haynes salary and a top 10 pick for clark in a heartbeat. Then use the Gresham compo on Henry.
Pick 8/9/10/11 attached to gws plus our own pick 8/9/10/11 packaged up for gold coasts pick 4.
Then try trade Howard for a pick around 20-30

Pick 4: Mckercher/duursma
Plus our second and a second for Howard, giving us 3 picks inside 30 will help gain another bunch of talented young kids to be apart of our core.

Delist:
Highmore
Conolly
Mckenzie
Jones

Trade/fa:
Gresham
Howard
Clark

B: Haynes battle Webster
Hb: NAS Wilkie Sinclair
C: wood crouch Henry
Hf: phillipou caminiti Hill
F: higgins king butler
Foll: Marshall Steele Owens
Int: coffield mckercher/duursma windhager Sharman

Depth:
Ross, hayes, membrey, cordy, hotton, paton, van es, Adams, keeler, Campbell, Heath, billings, Allison, Byrnes, McLennan, peris,
2x top 30 picks.

While Nick Coffield and Josh Battle run around at Trevor Barker Beach Oval. Perhaps one of them can go into the midfield rotation to cover for Hunter Clark.
Haynes is older than every player currently on the St Kilda list. And does not play in a position of need.
"We need midfielders!"
"Lets trade out a midfielder for another intercept marking defender who is sub-195cm tall"
Hmmm.

I think the idea is getting one of GWS 1st round picks in the deal, which we could use on a genuine midfielder. In any event its all speculation....:think:

Last edited:
Huge NO to tarryn Thomas, watched him on Saturday, has all the talent in the world but has no drive and is lazy and uninterested. Looks to be a poison for the culture. Would take they Haynes salary and a top 10 pick for clark in a heartbeat. Then use the Gresham compo on Henry.
Pick 8/9/10/11 attached to gws plus our own pick 8/9/10/11 packaged up for gold coasts pick 4.
Then try trade Howard for a pick around 20-30

Pick 4: Mckercher/duursma
Plus our second and a second for Howard, giving us 3 picks inside 30 will help gain another bunch of talented young kids to be apart of our core.

Delist:
Highmore
Conolly
Mckenzie
Jones

Trade/fa:
Gresham
Howard
Clark

B: Haynes battle Webster
Hb: NAS Wilkie Sinclair
C: wood crouch Henry
Hf: phillipou caminiti Hill
F: higgins king butler
Foll: Marshall Steele Owens
Int: coffield mckercher/duursma windhager Sharman

Depth:
Ross, hayes, membrey, cordy, hotton, paton, van es, Adams, keeler, Campbell, Heath, billings, Allison, Byrnes, McLennan, peris,
2x top 30 picks.
Battle cant play on tall blokes as he has no leap , he get murdered every time he plays on someone taller than him

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"We need midfielders!"

Hmmm.
We need BETTER midfielders, not more midfielders

Im more than happy for Haynes to run around TBB oval, maybe Sandy could be half decent with him there.

A draft is only weak in hindsight, scouts aren't all knowing, and cant see the future anymore than you or me. Two 1st round picks doubles your chances of getting a contributor, and maybe even a star

What different scenario(s) do you think could theoretically be possible in such a scenario? Especially if it also includes GC’s first pick and other players. I agree, Gold Coast’s first pick would need to be outside the top 6.
I try not to think about it. Every year every person gets proven wrong about prices and scenarios so I've given up.
I think if we can acquire Ben King whilst not handing over 2x FRDP then that should be the priority. Aside from that gringo2011 is doing my tipping for me.

The experience of Cordy and Membrey provides the separation needed to allow Max and other forwards to shine.

With any luck these guys can steer the ship towards finals from here, but we've ultimately gained plenty by having guys like Hammer and Poo play a lot of senior footy this year.

If Gresham does leave, what sort of compensation do you think we will get? The way he is played throughout the year I'm not sure we'll get a end of first round pick. If it's a second round pick like the Brad Crouch situation a couple of years ago it'll be around pick 30-36. Kinda torn about it because at his best he is better than that pick late 2nd range.

If Gresham does leave, what sort of compensation do you think we will get? The way he is played throughout the year I'm not sure we'll get a end of first round pick. If it's a second round pick like the Brad Crouch situation a couple of years ago it'll be around pick 30-36. Kinda torn about it because at his best he is better than that pick late 2nd range.

In the end it depends on the contract ( duration and amount ) that he gets offered.

Hopefully its Carlton he's going too and Dow in turn chooses us. Both clubs can work things out. Would be a much nicer scenario then a mid second round pick which could quite easily be a bust.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back