List Mgmt. 2023 Trade Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sadly have to agree, I like DMac and Jones but we need to get cracking if we’re trying to build something. Chances are, they stay on and probably get injured again they’re just clogging up the list
Players on 1 year deals aren't cloggers, they are fillers.
Billings is now a clogger since he's not in consideration anymore and that's why they are trying to offload him.
Gags' departing legacy is a very healthy contract TPP situation when compared to most clubs, hence the kitty to chase DeGoey.

Would be interesting to see the name of everyone’s local Chinese restaurant.
We have two, Red Lantern and Chopsticks Palace.
Hope Coff stays.
Good news re Jones.

Receipts

1695867016925.png

1695866972986.png

Got more Indian places popping up though, Jugnu being just Indian, Ustaad G being Indo-Chinese, and I am here for them, gotta love the spices and the Mexican place is meh as set up right next to the train depot and is a bitch to get to.

As for dumplings, haven't checked if still around but did have District 3429 as original naming yo.

Billings is now a clogger since he's not in consideration anymore and that's why they are trying to offload him.
Gags' departing legacy is a very healthy contract TPP situation when compared to most clubs, hence the kitty to chase DeGoey.

Who knew that a banker could have healthy books by the end of a tenure...

Gags legacy was to recruit cheap fill ins from other clubs, get them games, thus giving our young talent less chance to thrive thus less chance to impact out TPP.

If he had done a good job then he would be still here.

Quick, strong, composed, a good step through traffic and reads the play well.
Not arguing but.
Quick. Yes but doesn't use it.
Strong. Yes but hasn't played since he bulked up.
Composed. Not above average. Very good execution when not under pressure.
Good step. Yes but loses potency cos he won't run.

I still put him as a potential. 1+1 contract.

Gags legacy was to recruit cheap fill ins from other clubs, get them games, thus giving our young talent less chance to thrive thus less chance to impact out TPP.

If he had done a good job then he would be still here.
Except that's not true.
All our young talant was consistently given games when fit but most have been struck with injuries.
The lack of young talent comes down to the Hill trade in 2019, poor drafting in 2020, Austin and Claverino.

Why does everyone rate Coff so highly? Not saying that I don't, I'm just curious to hear others' thoughts on attributes that stand out or what role you see for him in our side moving forward.
My perspective is that he is still filled with potential, was showing his skillset before his lengthy injuries.

At training late in the season, he has filled out and is a complete footballers body with a very nice V shape (something Clark has not been able to do)

In match sim he looked strong in one on one contests and he has not lost the ability to read the play and take the intercept mark running off his man.

My two cents.

Been away for work for 3 days, check this thread and there have been over 50 pages added.

This time of year goes off in the Saints thread.

Coff to stay? Jones to stay? Dow not a lock? What else is going on
You can't afford to leave this thread for three minutes let alone three days.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No offence but I think this is why you don't attach too much credibility to team boards when it comes to trade equations. Our club should always get every player we want for pretty well nothing and any of our club's players that could be leaving are suddenly elite A graders that demand first round compo.

Both Henry and Dow were top 10 picks. They can play. They are both young. They may not have set the world on fire yet, they may never, but they can play.

So Coffield and Clark must be worth a heap too then. We should get two top 10 picks if we trade them.

Not arguing but.
Quick. Yes but doesn't use it.
Strong. Yes but hasn't played since he bulked up.
Composed. Not above average. Very good execution when not under pressure.
Good step. Yes but loses potency cos he won't run.

I still put him as a potential. 1+1 contract.
Time really is a flat circle.

So Coffield and Clark must be worth a heap too then. We should get two top 10 picks if we trade them.

I'm thinking Adelaide said something similar when the traded for Tambling.
Draft position means nothing after the draft.

Why do you keep saying we are chasing Sheil? It's obvious we are not the ones going all out to get him.

And how is Coff being pushed out when there is a deal for two years offered him?

Weird post.

Got to agree though, can see Jones and if we eat the same.hit sandwich of Sheil both becoming great mates in rehab.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Well he wouldn't be coming to play at Sandy. He's going to take a list spot off someone like Coffield too. You can call it what ever you like but if we are looking at taking him on it isn't as a non playing member of the coaching panel. If we keep Dmac, Jones, Shiel then we are tying up a lot of money and spots in the rehab group.

ok with that,but when a list manager says"open to trading first round pick"(pick 7 in this case)well of course they are,just dont know what it would really take

Most sides are open to trading but whet they are saying is offer overs and we'll talk. Not many ver get what they want so they end up taking it to the draft. The expansion clubs are usually the best way to get some overs out of any side because they are so flush with FRDPs that they'll throw some away.

Receipts

View attachment 1816028

View attachment 1816026

Got more Indian places popping up though, Jugnu being just Indian, Ustaad G being Indo-Chinese, and I am here for them, gotta love the spices and the Mexican place is meh as set up right next to the train depot and is a bitch to get to.

As for dumplings, haven't checked if still around but did have District 3429 as original naming yo.

Who knew that a banker could have healthy books by the end of a tenure...

Near my work for lunches ( take away only ), is Chop Chop, no frills but bloody good, cooked in the wok in front of you.
They also make their own dim sims, which i find similar to the horribly overpriced South Melbourne Dim Sims.
( can buy a bag frozen to take home ).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back