Poll 2018 Asia N' Africa League - Round 2

Vote for your favourite design

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Hello and welcome to the second round for the 2018 ANAL season. My name is Not Again and I will be your host for this season.

Format
The 2018 edition of the Asia N' Africa League will be a head-to-head knock-out style tournament that operates under 'double elimination' rules - if you lose two games, you're eliminated. Simple. This should keep the tournament short while also giving entrants multiple opportunities to perform..

Prizes
First place wins a stubby holder and a coffee mug, both with their winning design printed on them.
Second place wins a stubby holder or a coffee mug with their design printed on it.
Third place wins toilet paper with their design printed on it.

Poll
Vote for your favourite entries in each of the following games. As always, no voting for yourself. Polls will be open for 7 days and open weekly.

Games have been numbered for your convenience.

1. Pretoria Cheetahs V
AEvAJJX.png

Chongqing Super Eagles.
upR0dGA.jpg

2. Multan Sultans V
NYz3WkA.png

Transvaal Wildehond.
VQvKr2P.png

3. Dar Es Salaam Rush V
txy7Oll.jpg

Kyoto Peaks.
FHDtKsH.png

4. Saigon Liberation V
vaJmLhU.png

Johannesburg Vultures.
MtAK485.png

5. Kuala Lumpur Twins V
YtI2lif.png

Riyadh Oilers.
VkAMWrh.png

6. Lahore Lions V
a2POW12.jpg

Tortoises of Seychelles.
Kh9u1UR.png

7. Hitachinaka Bantam V
Yq1mjhq.png

Mogadishu Pirates.
LHNdRZA.png

Jakarta Wayang AFC bye
Vladivostock Power eliminated

Who ever team I'd the Kyoto Peaks, the design is almost the exact same as Fizzler's submission for the Mount Buller Demons SFL Submission....
View attachment 454541

Wow that is, absolutely identical. It’s my entry actually, but I never saw this design to knowledge.

That being said, out of fairness to Fizzler , I think Not Again should probably pull Kyoto from this competition. I don’t feel comfortable parading this design around as my own given how dead similar the two are.

Last edited:
I'll leave it up to you Freight. You can stay in or pull out if you want.

They're strikingly similar designs but it's one of those rather obvious design paths that anyone could have developed independently anyway. Coincidences happen in graphic design.

You have an additional sunbust and logo which, to me, suggests no plagiarism.

If you produced all the artwork yourself I'm happy to keep it in the competition, but if you want to pull out then go for it.

I'll leave it up to you Freight. You can stay in or pull out if you want.

They're strikingly similar designs but it's one of those rather obvious design paths that anyone could have developed independently anyway. Coincidences happen in graphic design.

You have an additional sunbust and logo which, to me, suggests no plagiarism.

If you produced all the artwork yourself I'm happy to keep it in the competition, but if you want to pull out then go for it.

I did produce all of the artwork myself and it was as far as I’m aware an original design.

That being said I’d be a hypocrite to call out Grandsun for using Spanna’s guernsey design in NAFL or Klim for using my layout in his rugby folio - and then use a design someone else has already used to a point of being basically identical.

Kyoto Peaks are pulling out of ANAL.

I did produce all of the artwork myself and it was as far as I’m aware an original design.

That being said I’d be a hypocrite to call out Grandsun for using Spanna’s guernsey design in NAFL or Klim for using my layout in his rugby folio - and then use a design someone else has already used to a point of being basically identical.

Kyoto Peaks are pulling out of ANAL.
Grandsun and Klim both have histories of plagiarism. You don't. It's not the same scenario and it's not hypocritical.

In any case, if you really wish to pull the plug from ANAL with the Peaks then that can be done.

Good question about the Vlad Power. At this stage I'm saying their elimination is valid and remains as such, purely because your exclusion from the tournament has been voluntary rather than mandated.

He does now with that effort. Welcome to the club.

Oh piss off - as Fizzler pointed out to me earlier he based his off of a footy club who already came up with the design. Seems to be a logical design to reach for a mountain based club.

2E78C946-CFAB-4ED7-ACC6-00EE780E5A0C.jpeg

My inspiration was taken from Slovenia’s jerseys of late.

267C0991-41D9-4A18-93E5-416BAE8DEDF2.jpeg

I coincidentally made a design that someone else had already made a similar concept to in terms of colour set and design element - but hey I’m not out here ripping FrasDav logos and claiming them as my own...

I’m still going to pull the design from the competition though Not Again, coincidence or not it still doesn’t feel right to run the design. Hope you understand.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Back