Prediction 2018 Essendon Numbers Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

We'll just end up giving them to our draftees & new recruits like we normally do.

Stanton didn't start in 5.
We haven't done much number shuffling over the last few years though. The last 2 batches of recruits have walked straight into numbers 1, 3, 10, 14, 15, 16, 17 etc.
Gleeson, Raz & Baguley from memory. They were a few years ago though.

Stanton didn't start in 5.

Stants didn't even start in 24. Played a year in 34 then took 24 of Misiti, then moved into the 5.

Next to no chance a draftee gets 5 though, I'll say that

I'd love Darce to move into the 5. 3>5 would be slightly odd though. Fridge to 4 please

Would have loved McGrath to have been given a higher number then moved across the the number 5 like he wore for Sandy & Vic metro. I like the #1 (as he was picked there) but he looked in the #5.

I like it when players make a name for themselves yet stay in their original jumpers like Tippa and Ben Brown are currently, and guys like Dean Rioli and Platten did in the past.
Adam Goodes, Dane Swan

I used to love the new younger players getting the big numbers for the first year or two, and once they established themselves, were then allocated higher numbers of the players retiring or delisted. Just made it more interesting.
Numbers 4 and 5 are not worthy of new players coming in via the draft like happened this year.

Number 4 Jacob Hopper
Number 5 Kobe Mutch- my understanding is Brent Stanton thinks pretty highly of the kid

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I assume that 31 is being kept for Fletch Jr.
I like it when players make a name for themselves yet stay in their original jumpers like Tippa and Ben Brown are currently, and guys like Dean Rioli and Platten did in the past.
Brown was #50 at Glenorchy too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back