World Cup 2018 FIFA World Cup-Group C Thread (Australia, France, Peru, Denmark)

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 24, 2008
MuMuLand
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Celtic, West Perth, Glory, S'Roos
240px-Equipe_de_France_de_football_Logo.png
177px-Socceroos_logo.png
170px-Fpf-logo.svg.png
200px-Dansk_Boldspil-Union_logo.svg.png

AUSTRALIA V FRANCE
Saturday June 16-8pm @ Kazan

PERU V DENMARK
Sunday June 17-2am @ Saransk

DENMARK V AUSTRALIA
Thursday June 21-10pm @ Samara

PERU V FRANCE
Friday June 22-1am @ Yekaterinburg

DENMARK V FRANCE
Wednesday June 27-12am @ Moscow

AUSTRALIA V PERU
Wednesday June 27-12am @ Sochi

jd2010

Well done boys. Good process, carry on
Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, Brentford FC
With the short term appointment of Bert we will be going for low-scoring games and trying to steal enough points to get through rather than Ange's fun defeat approach last WC. Would be surprised if it came off and we got through the group but every WC throws a few sides who come out of nowhere in the group stage.

You know what I mean.

Worst performing team at the Cup is not an unrealistic expectation.

I think it is, but if that's your expectation why bother even watching? Quite a few on here seem keen to bash the Soccerroos as much as possible and it just reeks of people who barely follow the National Team anyway and just want to be Debbie Downers.

Go watch Brazil play and be happy, why subject yourself to apparent misery?

Aug 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
I think it is, but if that's your expectation why bother even watching? Quite a few on here seem keen to bash the Soccerroos as much as possible and it just reeks of people who barely follow the National Team anyway and just want to be Debbie Downers.

Obviously I am still going to support them, but I am going to - in my opinion - be realistic about our chances.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Obviously I am still going to support them, but I am going to - in my opinion - be realistic about our chances.

Comment you started with didn't sound like you're supporting the team, more expecting them to fail, but hey, each to their own.

Macpotata

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 22, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong

I think he enjoys soccer and is a true fan. I believe many on here aren't bashing the team but just look at it from a logical perspective. I'll watch games whether we lose 10-0 or win. I love the sport and sport in general and again many have the same view.

We could get through, I wouldn't rule that out and many teams have surprised as you said. Realistically I believe we won't and that is my prediction. I'll be tuning in nonetheless.

I think he enjoys soccer and is a true fan. I believe many on here aren't bashing the team but just look at it from a logical perspective. I'll watch games whether we lose 10-0 or win. I love the sport and sport in general and again many have the same view.

We could get through, I wouldn't rule that out and many teams have surprised as you said. Realistically I believe we won't and that is my prediction. I'll be tuning in nonetheless.

Hmm

You can still support a team while not expecting them to excel. Odd comment. The two aren't mutually exclusive.

Not odd at all, the amount of revelling on here in the expected failure of the Soccerroos is getting pretty ridiculous.

jd2010

Well done boys. Good process, carry on
Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, Brentford FC
It's about being realistic with our national team. We are allowed to have the opinion that they're in the worst 3-4 sides in the competition and still be a fan of the team. It's the World Cup someone's got to be the 32nd best team and it really wouldn't surprise many in the football world that it's us. Of course we'd rather not be the worst team in the competition but unfortunately there's more chance of that than there is us progressing from our group. As a Hull supporter SM you know what it's like going into a league where you're expecting bad results, that's how it is with our national team for most

It's about being realistic with our national team. We are allowed to have the opinion that they're in the worst 3-4 sides in the competition and still be a fan of the team. It's the World Cup someone's got to be the 32nd best team and it really wouldn't surprise many in the football world that it's us. Of course we'd rather not be the worst team in the competition but unfortunately there's more chance of that than there is us progressing from our group. As a Hull supporter SM you know what it's like going into a league where you're expecting bad results, that's how it is with our national team for most

I suppose what I was trying to express was the constant negativity and the constant insistence that the team is rubbish is completely meaningless. If that's truly what people think, then cool, good for them, save themselves the heartache and don't watch, or at least stop repeating the point every time the topic comes up. To me that's not being a supporter. Hull are going to be s**t next year, I'm not shirking away from that, but I don't wonder around morosely saying "We'll finish bottom" every 5 minutes. I guess that's where I see the distinction between being a realist and what a few on here are doing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back