World Cup 2018 FIFA World Cup-Group F Thread (Germany, Mexico, Sweden, South Korea)

Remove this Banner Ad

Germany never should have started with Neuer. He's been out of the game for too long and there's the luxury of Ter Stegen as back-up it's a risk not worth taking.

Low first mistake was not picking the most form German player this season Sane unbelievable from Man city was voted best young player this year in epl and superb for city.Should be sacked just for that.

Hope the Blue Samurai progress

Despite the past atrocities (which in some way if things didnt go our way we could've been part of Japan), and our current rivalry in Asian football with them, they are part of our Confederation. We need Asia to represent in the later stages of the Cup so that FIFA dont take away any spots from us in future qualification.

I glossed over it because it's Germany and they can do anything, but I can't help but think bringing Neuer back after his injury for this was a bad idea. He was definitely not moving around like he normally does

It's not like Germany is lacking decent keepers either that can slot in

I glossed over it because it's Germany and they can do anything, but I can't help but think bringing Neuer back after his injury for this was a bad idea. He was definitely not moving around like he normally does

It's not like Germany is lacking decent keepers either that can slot in

Neur can't score goals - that's the real reason they went out, not because of defensive frailties.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So sad for Germany that they don’t get to continue in this World Cup, but they made their fans so proud with the performance against Sweden and we know what they’re capable of. We all look forward to the Euro 2020

Yes, after watching soccer for years you just expect the Germans and Italians to always get out of jail at the last minute.

Refreshing to see them both nowhere near the last 16.
Italy haven't been near the last 16 since 2006....

Germany were missing Klose for sure.

Lmao. Good for the world cup and game to have upsets like this. They were shit and didn't deserve to progress. Loewe looked like a scared and clueless moron from the get go. His demeanour, body language and facial expression was one of worry and fear. How can you have a man like that as your leader?

Had a feeling Sweden would beat Mexico. They match up well with them and it wasn't a good side for Mexico to play against.

On a side not I wish SBS, Optus and the commentators would **** up with giving away scores from the other game. I watched the first half of Sweden vs Mexico first with the volume down, then Germany vs Korea half second. On the 81 minute mark watching the second half switching back to Sweden they showed some mexicans celebrating in the crowd. I thought Korea scored, which they didn't, it was just 0-0. So I went straight to the highlights of Germany vs Korea. The result wasn't enitrely ruined but I knew it was 0-0 or so up until that point at least. I still would have been thinking the germans would win it if I was watching without seeing anything. Between watching a half at a time and muting the game which I've done for others, it was mainly for naught. I got caught out again with the brazil game unmuting twice at the end with Tyler giving away the late goals in the Switzerland game as he did in the Croatia vs Iceland game. ****wit. It's not hard to find out scores these days. People actually do want to watch the other game without knowing. At least give a word of warning. I also blocked the live tables.

Solid rant. Back to lol'ing at Germany.

South Korea doing us Asians proud (all of us)

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Asian confederation has performed well this tournament.

Australia took it right up to France / Denmark. Lost to Peru but were hardly disgraced.

Iran very stiff to go out.

Japan will probably qualify.

Sth Korea defeated Germany and were unlucky to not go through.

Saudi Arabia performed well apart from the 5-0 Russia thrashing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back