2018 GF Last 5 minutes/post game - radio coverage

Remove this Banner Ad

SEN 3AW and Triple M I’ve listened to now. SEN the best call, 3AW has an incrediblely good post game interview with Simmo and one with Sam Butler which is great. They also have Sheed, Yeo, Hutch, Darling, Hurn and a few others.

The constant insertion of sponsor's names into the call drove me absolutely mad. They took it too far.

Last edited:
I love the triple M boys but Geeze they couldn’t be anymore bais towards Collingwood if they tried, besides Judd obviously

I listened to the last 5 minutes of commentary from all the radio stations linked above and I think only one (maybe 2) called it a mark to Ryan from the Vardy kick. One commentator was so unexcited by it he called it as though it was an uncontested run of the mill chest mark. The others were all stunned that the mark was paid (even Langdon from 6 PR didn't call it as a mark). I was at the game and I thought it was a clear mark, and quite amazing that he even got hands on it. Was I wrong?

I listened to the last 5 minutes of commentary from all the radio stations linked above and I think only one (maybe 2) called it a mark to Ryan from the Vardy kick. One commentator was so unexcited by it he called it as though it was an uncontested run of the mill chest mark. The others were all stunned that the mark was paid (even Langdon from 6 PR didn't call it as a mark). I was at the game and I thought it was a clear mark, and quite amazing that he even got hands on it. Was I wrong?
Just watched the highlights vid from the Richmond v Collingwood prelim, and one of Riewoldt’s marks near the end was no different.

In all the hysteria after the game, they’ve gone hard on rioli v Maynard but can’t think of one going after Ryan’s Mark. Was a mark everyday

In all the hysteria after the game, they’ve gone hard on rioli v Maynard but can’t think of one going after Ryan’s Mark. Was a mark everyday
No, no one has mentioned it post game, it was just at the time that it happened. Most of the commentators seemed surprised it was paid as a mark.

No, no one has mentioned it post game, it was just at the time that it happened. Most of the commentators seemed surprised it was paid as a mark.
I guess watching live it looked like may have lost it on way down, the replays showed he held it though.

Not going to hold it against them given the stakes at the time

Hello fellow Premiers,

Here are the links to the radio commentaries in full, including post-game analysis.

SEN
Location: https://mega.nz/#!zjZHEYQS!nuJoF8tpGgMf0dH15m158vZCWXVMPBPhe2BZFHvNwa4
Size: 446MB

3AW
Location: https://mega.nz/#!fuQzzY5Q!KJ_00aAx9DBMg909q5xUbKkmlxKMnZEGSUD-YT8HDgU
Size: 439MB

TRIPLE M
Location: https://mega.nz/#!zrRBQKCI!XhgPs8rTfgqdeq583C_u_n86fbwDZ4PZ5VBCQcOz8uk
Size: 451MB

ABC RADIO
Location: https://mega.nz/#!quBhQaDC!xdyGysonIq31s_rNF1N7AbsEY6zm7o5szuwy0fveES8
Size: 473MB

K-ROCK (GEELONG)
Location: https://mega.nz/#!e3YxWAzD!sThFe9QhdoD6F5QXBQ-v_li7YWlf00GXw4adgZCKQ04
Size: 345MB
Finally got around to listening to the final 5 minutes of each broadcast. By far the worst call is James Brayshaw. Sounded flat as a tack when Sheed threaded that goal from the boundary line. I thought Brayshaw was meant to be a west aussie? ABC radio not too far behind. Maclure and Co constantly saying "No" whenever Eagles had a good passage of play.

Best call was SEN. Huddo, Lyon and Frawley were surprisingly good.

Finally got around to listening to the final 5 minutes of each broadcast. By far the worst call is James Brayshaw. Sounded flat as a tack when Sheed threaded that goal from the boundary line. I thought Brayshaw was meant to be a west aussie? ABC radio not too far behind. Maclure and Co constantly saying "No" whenever Eagles had a good passage of play.

I am at 3/4 time in the SEN call and they have been not bad. Frawley has a major boner for Barrass and they seem a lot more switched on to how good a game Langdon had. Looking forward to Lyon getting all excited at the top of the 4th and then having the air let out of him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

SEN 3AW and Triple M I’ve listened to now. SEN the best call, 3AW has an incrediblely good post game interview with Simmo and one with Sam Butler which is great. They also have Sheed, Yeo, Hutch, Darling, Hurn and a few others.

Whatever you think of Whateley he is undoubtedly a fantastic caller of live play.

Spud is an apt nickname for Frawley.

At quarter time "Yeo can't get into the game, I'd put him on Sidebottom".

Yep, Sidebottom had 3 possessions for the quarter, let's move Hutchins off of him:rolleyes:

I am at 3/4 time in the SEN call and they have been not bad. Frawley has a major boner for Barrass and they seem a lot more switched on to how good a game Langdon had. Looking forward to Lyon getting all excited at the top of the 4th and then having the air let out of him.

Old Gazza was desperately hoping we had kicked ourselves out of it in the 4th. It was amazing to hear the commentary of McGovern-Vardy-Ryan-Sheed. They sounded gobsmacked but were immediately applauding the sequence of play as historic.

Darling dropped mark was worth a giggle too - He's done a Herschelle!

Banged on about missed Collingwood frees a bit but a lot more balanced than the ch7 in general. Crickets on Shuey getting his head taken off.

Slightly off topic, does anyone have the full channel 7 coverage of the game? I'm still unable to find any footage of the boys going through the banner despite all the replays I've watched. If there's a thread for this let me know, thanks.

Slightly off topic, does anyone have the full channel 7 coverage of the game? I'm still unable to find any footage of the boys going through the banner despite all the replays I've watched. If there's a thread for this let me know, thanks.
Just checked my recording (which is still on my PVR at the moment … I still haven't gotten around to editing it for my collection) and yes it definitely included the Eagles running through the banner, a couple of minutes after the pies ran through some empty space where their banner was meant to be.

Just checked my recording (which is still on my PVR at the moment … I still haven't gotten around to editing it for my collection) and yes it definitely included the Eagles running through the banner, a couple of minutes after the pies ran through some empty space where their banner was meant to be.
Do you know where I can get my hands on that? Can't find it on 7plus online. What I've found is foxtel footage with the pre-grame analysis that pretty goes straight to the first bounce with no post-game analysis, it just ends after cup presentation.

Do you know where I can get my hands on that? Can't find it on 7plus online. What I've found is foxtel footage with the pre-grame analysis that pretty goes straight to the first bounce with no post-game analysis, it just ends after cup presentation.
Not sure where else to get it, but once I edit my recording to chop out the ads (Hopefully by this weekend) I am happy to share it.
(though as a look at it more closely … gee it wasn't broadcast in very high quality. It's full HD resolution (1080) but clearly they skimped on the bandwidth :angry: )

Last edited:
Not sure where else to get it, but once I edit my recording to chop out the ads (Hopefully by this weekend) I am happy to share it.
(though as a look at it more closely … gee it wasn't broadcast in very high quality. It's full HD resolution (1080) but clearly they skimped on the bandwidth :angry: )
That'd be awesome, thanks.

Hopefully the bluray release has all the uncut footage from CH7.
None of the broadcasts on fox footy or CH7 are full HD, at best it is upscaled 720.
148921__49363_zoom.jpg

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back