2018 Grand Finalists - West Coast vs Collingwood ##Optus Stadium Friday 12th July## Round 17, 2019 ( Edited page 15 current discussion )

Who wins the rematch of the 2018 Grand Final between the Black and White Army and the Eagles

• Collingwood - They'll be too hungry with an added chip on their shoulder - Blowout Victory

Votes: 33 17.1%
  • West Coast - Dom Sheed will have a blinder and break their hearts at the death again

Votes: 53 27.5%
  • Pies in a close one

Votes: 69 35.8%
  • Eagles to roll at the G winning comprehensively

Votes: 38 19.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I can't believe how many people in the media are tipping us, especially in the Herald Sun "expert" tipping.

I reckon if WCE can move the ball the way they moved it in the second half against GWS, we're in trouble. We can't handle Kennedy on the lead at the best of times let alone when it's coming in that quick.

Look, biased put aside, Cats are playing well... but Magpies look good and they seem to have a couple more gears to tap as the season goes on

Their game plan look best so far this season, again biased put aside, the game plan and how they execute looks elite. The cats game they actually won all around the ground but just not on the scoreboard, they wasted so many opportunities and cats were professional on the night and scored when they needed to

Look, biased put aside, Cats are playing well... but Magpies look good and they seem to have a couple more gears to tap as the season goes on

Their game plan look best so far this season, again biased put aside, the game plan and how they execute looks elite. The cats game they actually won all around the ground but just not on the scoreboard, they wasted so many opportunities and cats were professional on the night and scored when they needed to
Game plan and execution aside, I personally thought the Geelong midfield was well and truly better than Collingwood’s in the second half of that Round 1 clash, that’s what I put down as the reason for their win/our loss.

If its close late will the memories come back?

On SM-G925I using BigFooty.com mobile app
Forget about the close late, how about the streets ahead in front early.
We had the same thing against the Tiges in the prelim; We couldn't believe it was in the bag despite our lead and they came close enough to make us feel uncomfortable. GF went the same way but this time WCE went up and over. If we somehow learn to seal the game when we are miles in front, we should be contending but that is wishful thinking for now.

Forget about the close late, how about the streets ahead in front early.
We had the same thing against the Tiges in the prelim; We couldn't believe it was in the bag despite our lead and they came close enough to make us feel uncomfortable. GF went the same way but this time WCE went up and over. If we somehow learn to seal the game when we are miles in front, we should be contending but that is wishful thinking for now.
Yeah I think the same too.

We cant afford to keep letting the pies get 5 goals up.

hopefully the umpires don't ruin this game too
I’ve got family and friends who are Hawkers and I’ve heard nothing but whinging from them since last week. The Doggies were better in that last quarter and deserved to win.

I’ve got family and friends who are Hawkers and I’ve heard nothing but whinging from them since last week. The Doggies were better in that last quarter and deserved to win.

I’m just talking in general terms, not whinging at all. Consistency in decisions and application of the rules from game to game, week to week would be good.

I’m just talking in general terms, not whinging at all. Consistency in decisions and application of the rules from game to game, week to week would be good.
I agree with you. But it ain’t gonna happen, and this year is no different to any other. I don’t think the umpiring has had any more, or any less influence on outcomes than they did in 2018, during the #freekickhawthorn era, or 2010 when the Pies won their last flag. It’s a beautiful game, don’t fixate on one small aspect of it. We should be talking about yesterday’s 38 goal game and hoping we have the same tonight.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Game plan and execution aside, I personally thought the Geelong midfield was well and truly better than Collingwood’s in the second half of that Round 1 clash, that’s what I put down as the reason for their win/our loss.

The difference was in ball use and hunger at the contest.

Geelong like us were making ball errors in the first half but after half time they really cleaned up their f50 entries and execution on goal. Pies were still kicking the ball like a 3 legged dog and many players were soft stepping the contest.

The positive to take from that is we can improve a lot and only lost by a small margin.

Collingwood by 30+

Everything about this points to a comfortable Pies win.
You been talking to Campbell Brown?

Apparently we’re now a 6 goal better side than last time because of Moore (2 goals saved), Beams (2 goals set up) and Elliott (2 goals kicked).

I pegged it back a bit because Gaff makes WCE a 2-3 goal better side, so end margin is Pies by 21 points.

You been talking to Campbell Brown?

Apparently we’re now a 6 goal better side than last time because of Moore (2 goals saved), Beams (2 goals set up) and Elliott (2 goals kicked).

I pegged it back a bit because Gaff makes WCE a 2-3 goal better side, so end margin is Pies by 21 points.

I pegged it back a bit more because Kennedy better for getting his first game back out of the way and Cripps is back so there is 4 goals.

End margin eagles by 3 points

I pegged it back a bit more because Kennedy better for getting his first game back out of the way and Cripps is back so there is 4 goals.

End margin eagles by 3 points

But Roughead coming in saves us a goal, the temperature will be 17 degrees, which adds a goal to Collingwood, and we’re in April (4th month = Grundy’s number) so that is another goal.

End margin, Collingwood by 15 points.

We actually get to play West Coast with two proper key defenders for once, going to be a great game but think the Pies will win in a close one.

I agree with you. But it ain’t gonna happen, and this year is no different to any other. I don’t think the umpiring has had any more, or any less influence on outcomes than they did in 2018, during the #freekickhawthorn era, or 2010 when the Pies won their last flag. It’s a beautiful game, don’t fixate on one small aspect of it. We should be talking about yesterday’s 38 goal game and hoping we have the same tonight.
Ahem....39 goal game - 20.1 to us, 19.5 to you.

I generously minimised your percentage loss.

The umpiring last week in the Collingwood v Richmond game has given this game a boost. AFL needed Collingwood coming into this game off a win.

Back