AFL Club
Carlton
Match Details
  • Geelong v Essendon
  • Date: Sunday March 11th, 2018
  • Time: 1.05pm
  • Venue: Central Reserve, Colac
  • Weather: 27° Becoming cloudy
  • Member Access: Once again, AFL and Club access members will have free general admission entry to those matches in which their Club is competing (subject to availability, upgrade fees may be applicable). Some restrictions may apply for non-access members. To confirm your eligibility, please contact your club.
  • General Entry: Adults $20.00, Juniors $5.00. Children 5 and under free.
  • Broadcast: Foxtel, Foxtel Now, AFL App, Watchafl
Team News

Geelong

Patrick Dangerfield and Joel Selwood headline a strong squad named for the Cats JLT Powercor Country Festival game against the Bombers in Colac on Sunday.

The star Geelong pair will be joined by Harry Taylor who will bring some much-needed experience to the backline.

Geelong will trim its squad down from 30 to a starting 18, eight interchange and four emergencies on Friday.

Brandan Parfitt also returns to the Cats squad following his late withdrawal last week, while Lachlan Fogarty and Aaron Black among those make way.

Essendon

Essendon has trimmed its extended squad and listed a near full-strength final team to face Geelong in its second JLT Community Series match in Colac on Sunday.

Several key Bombers will take the field for the first time in 2018 after missing the team’s AFLX tournament and opening JLT loss to Richmond.

The inclusions will inject plenty of experience in the side as Michael Hurley, Cale Hooker, Tom Bellchambers, David Myers and James Stewart don the sash at Central Reserve on the weekend.

Speaking after selecting the initial extended squad on Thursday, Essendon coach John Worsfold said the match was a perfect opportunity to let the side’s three promising recruits – Devon Smith, Jake Stringer and Adam Saad – play for the first time with their senior teammates.

After the performance both of these teams dished up last week I would expect this game to be pretty intense.

Yes, would hope both sides go all out for at least a half or so. Another wet lettuce leaf effort from my boys not acceptable today.

On a preseason match? Ok then if you think so.

Although it's fair to say both sides would like to show something after week 1 it's still just a warm up game
both teams should be keen to do well. effort, implementing the preferred style of play and getting the basics right would be not negotiable i would have thought.

forget the cream its about fundamentals.

both teams should be keen to do well. effort, implementing the preferred style of play and getting the basics right would be not negotiable i would have thought.

forget the cream its about fundamentals.
Yeah we'd be seeing more of that.

I'd like to see us work more on our defence. I don't care whether we win or not as long as it looks like we've improved defensively all across the ground. Sort of like GWS against Sydney. Didn't win, but a clear sign that they've imrpoved their two-way running.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back