2018 Midfielders

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Marc Murphy with no Gibbs - could he live up to his full potential of true super Premo and take the points left by the Gibbs vacancy... I've always had a soft spot for MM.

He and Cripps both massive value

Marc Murphy with no Gibbs - could he live up to his full potential of true super Premo and take the points left by the Gibbs vacancy... I've always had a soft spot for MM.

3 or 4 years ago definately. He was a beauty, goal kicking mids are hard to find. I'm not looking at him now tho.

I'm thinking Murphy might cop the tag now.

By the way, great avatar.

Thanks.

Don't think I've ever seen mm have a tag before so it could be a big unknown though did teams ever tag Gibbs?

Also whilst we're on the subject of Midfielders the lack of JPK in teams has got me thinking maybe i should start with him, the problem is who i drop for him. Predicament town, population me.

This is the first year I'm not considering him for Round 1, we'll see the likes of Heeney, Jones, Hewett, Mills & Papley rolling through that midfield a little more. I think Longmire is starting to do with JPK what Clarko did with Mitchell and Hodge late in their careers and use their midfield minutes more sparingly during H&A to save them for finals.

The only Swans mid I'm even considering is Hanners, he was definitely playing hurt last year and will be 10 points a game better than last year IMO (if fit).

This is the first year I'm not considering him for Round 1, we'll see the likes of Heeney, Jones, Hewett, Mills & Papley rolling through that midfield a little more. I think Longmire is starting to do with JPK what Clarko did with Mitchell and Hodge late in their careers and use their midfield minutes more sparingly during H&A to save them for finals.

The only Swans mid I'm even considering is Hanners, he was definitely playing hurt last year and will be 10 points a game better than last year IMO (if fit).
He is cheap but is he one the beerz or not. That's the million dollar question

I'm considering Hanners, is he fit atm? Any offseason surgeries or anything?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm considering Hanners, is he fit atm? Any offseason surgeries or anything?

I don't think he went under the knife but like a few other senior players he has been eased into the preseason, looks quite lean at the moment but its hard to tell as he apparently had a big preseason last year.

If he is running freely over JLT, no matter how short of a gallop he is or how little game time he gets, he is in my team.

I don't think he went under the knife but like a few other senior players he has been eased into the preseason, looks quite lean at the moment but its hard to tell as he apparently had a big preseason last year.

If he is running freely over JLT, no matter how short of a gallop he is or how little game time he gets, he is in my team.

I didn't realise Sydney were part of the garbage bye also. Don't think I'll be able to fit him in with the 6 of my 100% locks already out that round. Grrrr

welcome to my team. Mr Treloar

TRELOAR%20Adam.png

Adam has been overlooked this preseason, and it saddens me.

Look at these numbers from last year.

7th in the league for disposals yet 25th in the league for supercoach score. What happened last season is that this little piggy turned into the butcher. A dismal 101.4 points per game despite having 30 disposals and 6 tackles per game. Just 3.39 points per possession. Well below his historical average, And very much at the lowest possible ebb for a player in his role and position.

I posit that these numbers are an aberration and not truly representative of the skill and pigginess of this
Man.

In 2016 Adam was 6th in the league for disposals and 9th in supercoach score. A genuine bona fide, ball hungry super premo scoring 111 points per game, with 3.64 points per possession, despite having the same number of goals, tackles and clearances per game as he had in 2017.

In fact in 2015 Adam averaged 3.88 points per possession and in 2014 he averaged 3.89 points per possession. If he regains those lofty ratios in 2018 110-115 ppg is but a formality

Don’t say you weren’t warned. Credit to stevebbb ‘s avatar for reminding me of this beautiful specimen

welcome to my team. Mr Treloar

TRELOAR%20Adam.png

Adam has been overlooked this preseason, and it saddens me.

Look at these numbers from last year.

7th in the league for disposals yet 25th in the league for supercoach score. What happened last season is that this little piggy turned into the butcher. A dismal 101.4 points per game despite having 30 disposals and 6 tackles per game. Just 3.39 points per possession. Well below his historical average, And very much at the lowest possible ebb for a player in his role and position.

I posit that these numbers are an aberration and not truly representative of the skill and pigginess of this
Man.

In 2016 Adam was 6th in the league for disposals and 9th in supercoach score. A genuine bona fide, ball hungry super premo scoring 111 points per game, with 3.64 points per possession, despite having the same number of goals, tackles and clearances per game as he had in 2017.

In fact in 2015 Adam averaged 3.88 points per possession and in 2014 he averaged 3.89 points per possession. If he regains those lofty ratios in 2018 110-115 ppg is but a formality

Don’t say you weren’t warned. Credit to stevebbb ‘s avatar for reminding me of this beautiful specimen
I don’t mind the pick. However he burned me last year in classic and draft. I predicted around 115 per game however he went back by about 8ppg. He good value this year. Not in my current plans. Frustrated me to no end last season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back