2018 Midfielders

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah thats fine, Fyfe and Neale are the only keepers as Seymour said above. You could start with 7 freo players, but only 3 are keepers, which is fine

My tactic is around trying to avoid having an abundance of blokes from the same team in your starting squad. If Freo get smashed in the midfield, chances are all of their scoring output is going to be reduced in some way or another. But I see your point, definitely.

My tactic is around trying to avoid having an abundance of blokes from the same team in your starting squad. If Freo get smashed in the midfield, chances are all of their scoring output is going to be reduced in some way or another. But I see your point, definitely.
IMO freo have a really good midfield.
Won't get smashed very often.
Top 3 or 4 mid fields in the comp.

IMO freo have a really good midfield.
Won't get smashed very often.
Top 3 or 4 mid fields in the comp.

Last year Freo had 2 players in their whole team avg. >90 SC points (the worst in the comp).
Neale and Fyfe.

They might have decent players like the Hills, Blakely etc. and a few good new recruits.
But it drops off rapidly after the first two (who are both elite) - at least in SC terms.

Last year Freo had 2 players in their whole team avg. >90 SC points (the worst in the comp).
Neale and Fyfe.

They might have decent players like the Hills, Blakely etc. and a few good new recruits.
But it drops off rapidly after the first two (who are both elite) - at least in SC terms.
They won't get smashed in the mids like my mob will some weeks.

They won't get smashed in the mids like my mob will some weeks.

With Sandilands in the team they will at least get first hands to ball 70% of the time, I do rate the Freo players.
But they don't seem to be big SC scorers (outside of the top 2).

Freo were last in the comp for SC scores as a team.

That could change with another year for Blakely, BHill, Walters and then adding some good recruits.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do we really need one of Danger or Martin?
Currently I feel uncomfortable having neither...
But currently love the look of running:
TItch, Neale, Fyfe, M.Crouch, Cripps

Gah

Every year is obviously different, but it's pretty rare for the top midfielders from the previous year to remain in the top 10 the following year (at least based on the last 8 years).
Unless your name is Ablett (8 times top 10 in 8 years), Pendlebury (7 times), Selwood (6) or Dangerfield (5).

Maybe Kelly, Crouch, Martin and Mitchell are the new Abletts and Pendlebury's of SC?
But realistically lets assume they are mere mortals.

Most years only 3-4 players stay top.

Realistically 6-7 of those guys who have scored 110+ will follow up with <110 this year.
But you can be pretty sure that 3-4 will remain.

So I wouldn't say you MUST have those guys, but if you are certain of 1 or 2 players who you think will remain top midfielders, then you're probably doing alright.
You then have a shot at trying to pick the other 6-7 who will make the jump.

Every year is obviously different, but it's pretty rare for the top midfielders from the previous year to remain in the top 10 the following year (at least based on the last 8 years).
Unless your name is Ablett (8 times top 10 in 8 years), Pendlebury (7 times), Selwood (6) or Dangerfield (5).

Maybe Kelly, Crouch, Martin and Mitchell are the new Abletts and Pendlebury's of SC?

Realistically 6-7 of those guys who have scored 110+ will follow up with <110 this year.

So I wouldn't say you MUST have those guys, but if you are certain of 1 or 2 players who you think will remain top midfielders, then you're probably doing alright.
Totally agree .....but Pendles, Ablett, & Danger have been the exceptions ....can we now add Dusty to that formidable & consistent SC Gods ?

Get advice.
Thankyou Sir

Totally agree .....but Pendles, Ablett, & Danger have been the exceptions ....can we now add Dusty to that formidable & consistent SC Gods ?

Pendlebury was 22 when he first cracked the 110 avg.
Ablett was 23
Dangerfield 22
Selwood was 21

Martin is 26 so has cracked the 110 mark a bit later.
But maybe he's just a late bloomer?

Am I crazy for being close to picking treloar? He went 106,105, and 111 before last year. How often does a player start declining as a 24 year old.... Im thinking he will get back to 110 and is good value. With pendlebury and sidebottom declining he has to step up and run the midfield
In the same boat
Out of pendles Bont and treloar for last premium mid spot
Mitchell Kelly crouch Fyfe Cripps Won’t change
Wouldn’t mind treloar as a pod but pendles is pendles and Bont is a Sc star

Pendlebury was 22 when he first cracked the 110 avg.
Ablett was 23
Dangerfield 22
Selwood was 21

Martin is 26 so has cracked the 110 mark a bit later.
But maybe he's just a late bloomer?

While you are totally right about your points, the only difference is Dusty had up until last year, not been able to play the mid minutes that all those SC superpremos did.
Danger had DPP 1 year (the year he broke out iirc), Gaz and Selwood never have.
Dusty for 7 years had DPP, meaning of his TOG at least >35% of it was spent forward.
Spends a lot more time in the guts now, and doesn't blow up. + Durable as *.
Can't see him going backwards.

Managed 108ppg in 2016, which is close enough to 110 :D

While you are totally right about your points, the only difference is Dusty had up until last year, not been able to play the mid minutes that all those SC superpremos did.
Danger had DPP 1 year (the year he broke out iirc), Gaz and Selwood never have.
Dusty for 7 years had DPP, meaning of his TOG at least >35% of it was spent forward.
Spends a lot more time in the guts now, and doesn't blow up. + Durable as ****.
Can't see him going backwards.

Managed 108ppg in 2016, which is close enough to 110 :D
Ohh he bloody lock.

Danger ******* who??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back