2018 general discussions

Remove this Banner Ad

I played for Broadbeach in that NEAFL practice match yesterday. Barlow was a class above, so clean even in the wet. Crossley was unstoppable in the air but his kicking was a little inconsistent. Tough day at the office for us but the Suns youngsters looked very good.

How much value to your team was the game?
Did you get anything out of it that you will take into your footy this season?
Or was it such a hammering that you just wanted to crawl into the foetal position.

How much value to your team was the game?
Did you get anything out of it that you will take into your footy this season?
Or was it such a hammering that you just wanted to crawl into the foetal position.
We didnt place much value on the game as the team. Obviously as a Suns supporter, i placed a bit more value on it because I was playing against blokes i love watching like Barlow and Rosa but we knew it was going to be a tough day. We still have a month or so before our season starts, so it was just to get some more kms into our legs. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't relieved once the final siren went but overall it was a good experience and I think will only help us going into our season.

We didnt place much value on the game as the team. Obviously as a Suns supporter, i placed a bit more value on it because I was playing against blokes i love watching like Barlow and Rosa but we knew it was going to be a tough day. We still have a month or so before our season starts, so it was just to get some more kms into our legs. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't relieved once the final siren went but overall it was a good experience and I think will only help us going into our season.

Thanks for taking the time to reply

ahaha played down back all day so got quite a few touches, not all good ones but i didnt have to mark up on Crossley a lot so i was pretty thankful for that
Pretty interested to hear more about your observations of Crossley. Physically he reminds me of Charlie Dixon - huge body and not afraid to throw his weight around but definitely needs to work on his endurance if he wants to make it in the AFL. What were your thoughts on his style of play?

Also interested in what you think about Crossley. The guy seems to be able to hold his own in the ruck, but is a fair way back in the ruck stocks at the Suns for now. He has played forward in the NEAFL, but again he's a fair way back in that department too. Jack Leslie was drafted as an undersized ruckman and has been developed into a backman, where Crossley would also be several places behind the first choice players at the position. Of course, injuries and variables such as Lynch deciding to chase the dollars could advance his cause.

Pretty interested to hear more about your observations of Crossley. Physically he reminds me of Charlie Dixon - huge body and not afraid to throw his weight around but definitely needs to work on his endurance if he wants to make it in the AFL. What were your thoughts on his style of play?
Thought he was a lot more dominant when he went up forward rather than in the ruck. He was marking everything in the air even in the wet which was very impressive. Like I said his kicking to start off with left a bit to be desired but once he slotted one, he seem to not be able to miss. I'd say he still needs to cut a bit of weight but hes looking much slimmer so that'll come with another pre-season id say.

You are high if you think the tone of my reply was "horrendous". We all know you are triggered by everything I ever write and after a few days back on the forum you are already becoming tiresome. I don't need psychological advice that you got from the back of a Corn Flakes you and I don't need your approval. It is pitifully obvious to everybody that you are trying to bait me, yet again, so how about you take some of your own advice and stop being a condescending snowflake.
for someone so well educated, your English is terrible.
I was trying to help you buddy. sad that you feel this way.

Lol
I made one syntax error in a paragraph, whereas your error rate is more than one per sentence. Let me rewrite it for you - For someone allegedly so well educated, your English skills are questionable. I was only trying to help you out, buddy. I am sorry that you are feeling this way.
See how the language just seems to flow when you toss in some reported speech and take time to choose appropriate adjectives! Of course, it would help if you were genuine in the first place, but you aren't really capable of it so I shouldn't mention it.
Be sure to send me your essays for that literature course you keep failing. I'm certain I can help you going go by the at times unreadable garbage you post. I won't even charge you for proof-reading! It's a pro bono case and I'll do it for the lolz.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone know where the ressies praccy against PBC is this weekend?

Sent from my MHA-L09 using Tapatalk

How many games do we predict the club will win this year?

Looking over the fixture i see 10 winnable games. So i think we win 7 of them and maybe snag 2 of the other games. So i think 9 games is about on the mark.

Our first 5 games are probably our most winnable all year. We should be able to get 3-4 of our wins straight up. If we happen to go 5 straight hopefully lynch resigns before the bye.

It seems like Suns updated players weight. Powell is now 70 :) Scrimshaw 88, Bowes 82, Weller 82, Lemmens 83, Martin 82, Brodie 88, Fiorini 83. Interestingly, Joyce dropped to 85.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back