Analysis 2018 Team Selection

Remove this Banner Ad

Tks guys
Sounds positive which is great. Always some risk after a long layoff, he's way overdue for some luck

Williams-Neilson-Thompson
JMac-Tarrant-LMac
Atley-Cunners-Clarke
Simkin-Waite-Wood
Garner-Brown-Turner

Goldy-Ziebs-Higgins

Dumont-LDU-Durdin-EVW

E:Hrovat-Hibberd-Pruess

With the exception of rookies our list is now complete. If everyone is fit this is my round 1 side:

FB: M. Williams - Durdin - Thompson
HB: Wright - Tarrant - Vickers-Willis
C: McDonald - Cunnington - Clarke
HF: Garner - Wood - Simpkin
FF: Turner - Brown - Ziebell
R: Goldstein - Higgins - Dumont
I: Davies-Uniacke - Mountford - Macmillan - Atley

E (from): Thompson - Jacobs - Waite - Nielsen - Ahern - Jacobs - Hibberd - J. Williams - Hartung

My personal preference would be to see two of Ahern, Jacobs, Hibberd replace Atley and Macmillan but I can't see that happening. With where we're at I don't think we get much out of playing 26/27 year old C-graders with massive deficiencies who have reached their ceiling and most likely aren't going to get much better. At least Ahern and Hibberd have got massive scope for improvement and address needs in our team while Jacobs fully fit is one of the best in his role in the league.

LDU and Ahern into the 22 for round one pls.

With the exception of rookies our list is now complete. If everyone is fit this is my round 1 side:

E (from): Thompson - Jacobs - Waite - Nielsen - Ahern - Jacobs - Hibberd - J. Williams - Hartung

My personal preference would be to see two of Ahern, Jacobs, Hibberd replace Atley and Macmillan but I can't see that happening. With where we're at I don't think we get much out of playing 26/27 year old C-graders with massive deficiencies who have reached their ceiling and most likely aren't going to get much better. At least Ahern and Hibberd have got massive scope for improvement and address needs in our team while Jacobs fully fit is one of the best in his role in the league.

I think Nelson >>>>Durdin, Wright needs time to play for AFL. and want to try Hibberd / Morgan rather than Thompson.

FB: M. Williams - Nielson - Thompson
HB: Atley - Tarrant - Vickers-Willis
C: Wood - McDonald - JMac
HF: Garner - Waite - Simpkin
R: Goldstein - Cunnington - Higgins
I: LDU - Ahern - McKay - Dumont

E (from): Durdin - Mountford - Hibberd - Hrovat - Preuss - Clarke

Last edited:

So Thompson is in the 22 and in the emergencies......

Looking forward to seeing a midfield containing Preuss, Garner, McDonald, LDU and Ahern at some point during the preseason.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think Nelson >>>>Durdin, Wright needs time to play for AFL. and want to try Hibberd / Morgan rather than Thompson.
On a talent basis I strongly disagree. I much prefer Durdin's intercept ability and strength on the rebound with his skills than Nielsen dogged determination and quality stopping. I'd have no issue with Nielsen replacing Thompson though with Scott to play a mentoring role to the young guys and stepping in when they're injured or need a spell.

I'd prefer seeing Hibberd replace Atley or JMac on the bench and be a part of our midfield rotations than seeing him play as a medium defender. I like his running ability he's intelligent with his patterns. I think he's better suited to the Gibbo role than down back.

So Thompson is in the 22 and in the emergencies......
Haha my bad. At one stage I had Tarrant named twice in the backline instead of Thompson and that confused me. I only just realised that I forgot Hrovat as well so he can replace Thompson in the emergencies. Not sure there is a best 22 place for him.

I like everyone in the team bar turnstiles Macmillan

Can we please not play the finger pointer

Play any of the kids ahead of him

It looks like you've found your replacement for Gibbo. Macmillan's a good player when not consigned to a deep defensive role. He started 2017 in a more attacking position but was forced further and further back as the injuries mounted. If he can remain injury free he'll have a very important leadership role to play from here on in.

I still have Nielsen ahead of EDW.

Nielsen has the capability to be Rance later down the track.

B: Nielson Thompson M.Williams
HB: Atley Tarrant Macmillan
C: Ahern Cunnington McDonald
HF: Garner Waite Ziebell
F: Simpkin Brown Wood
R: Goldstein Dumont Higgins
INT: Clarke Mountford Jacobs
Davies-Uniacke

EMG: Wright Durdin Hartung

OTHERS: Preuss Turner Hrovat McKay Vickers-Willis J.Williams Walker Anderson Hibberd Morgan Hayden Larkey Daw Watson Xerri

ROOKIES: Zurhaar Junker

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

B: Williams - Tarrant - Nielson
HB: Macmillan - Thompson - Atley
C: Higgins - McDonald - Ahern
HF: Simpkin - Wood - Anderson
F: Turner - Brown - Ziebell
R: Goldstein - Cunnington - Garner
Int: Clarke - Mountford - Zurhaar - Davies-Uniacke

On the premise that Wright, Waite and Jacobs are to be phased out. Durdin, EVW, Larkey, McKay, Dumont, Preuss, Hibberd and Hrovat are regularly rotated depth.

B: Williams - Tarrant - Nielson
HB: Macmillan - Thompson - Atley
C: Higgins - McDonald - Ahern
HF: Simpkin - Wood - Anderson
F: Turner - Brown - Ziebell
R: Goldstein - Cunnington - Garner
Int: Clarke - Mountford - Zurhaar - Davies-Uniacke

On the premise that Wright, Waite and Jacobs are to be phased out. Durdin, EVW, Larkey, McKay, Dumont, Preuss, Hibberd and Hrovat are regularly rotated depth.
Anderson?

Yep.

My bolter. In with the mids at training and looking good.
I’d love to see him and Hartung both fire next year to rid ourselves of the Hawthorn curse.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back