2019-20 Big Bash League

Remove this Banner Ad

A big reason for this is because the games have all be on work and school nights,no good for a small market like Tasmania.
Especially when half the potential attendees have to travel 2.5-4 hour each way. And Bellerive is an utter trap to get out of, whether heading to the city or the north. It gets as bad as Waverly used to, with about 20% of the traffic. You're never going to get big crowds in a town of 200k and state of 500k, getting 10k to anything other than an AFL game is a major ask; but the constant weekday games and worst possible time of the summer don't help.

Especially when half the potential attendees have to travel 2.5-4 hour each way. And Bellerive is an utter trap to get out of, whether heading to the city or the north. It gets as bad as Waverly used to, with about 20% of the traffic. You're never going to get big crowds in a town of 200k and state of 500k, getting 10k to anything other than an AFL game is a major ask; but the constant weekday games and worst possible time of the summer don't help.
The big bash crowds are also usually 10000 or more,weather you get good crowds comes down to timing,cost of tickets and quality of fixture.

You had 5321 turn up to the Aus v SA ODI last year on a Sunday when it was $20 general admin in what was more than likely Dale Steyn's last ever match in Australia. The crowds for cricket in Hobart just aren't there.
The crowds for big bash in Hobart have been very good,two years ago they were averaging over 16000 and back in the days when one day cricket was real popular they used to sell out every one Dayer against Australia,I know a lot of people that didn't go to that game because it was a work and school night.

The crowds for big bash in Hobart have been very good,two years ago they were averaging over 16000 and back in the days when one day cricket was real popular they used to sell out every one Dayer against Australia,I know a lot of people that didn't go to that game because it was a work and school night.
The crowds for Big Bash are the worst in the comp. I understand that on a per capita basis they are good but if you put a team in Moe they'd get 40% of their population to games it doesn't mean CA have been treating them badly by not giving them more games.

The crowds for Big Bash are the worst in the comp. I understand that on a per capita basis they are good but if you put a team in Moe they'd get 40% of their population to games it doesn't mean CA have been treating them badly by not giving them more games.
The crowds have dropped over the last two years,but still averaging 11000,which is still good for a place the size of Hobart,when they were averaging 16500 it was the best on a per capita basis in the country.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Voges played at the Stars for years, moved back over when the Scorchers were at their peak...

ADAM VOGES IS A STARS SPY CONFIRMED

Did he play for them for years? For some reason I thought he only had a season there, in which case you’re still right technically, the years 2011 and 2012.

Lane Morris is a gun apprantly he is Named the wild thing can bowl wheels was in there squad last season

can someone point out a decent website if it exists where signings and squads are up to date,if you go through each club at wikipedia ross and lalor are at the renegades and cooper is at the hurricanes along with several other moves,but i dont know how reliable that is because christian,harper among others are not listed at the renegades & the hurricanes squad has about a dozen overseas players listed in theirs,the individual club websites only mention signings & not all of them,marsh to renegades yes,cooper to hurricanes-no,ross and lalor to renegades-no

its shocking & ive searched but cant find anything decent,cricinfo site also has bugger all

can someone point out a decent website if it exists where signings and squads are up to date,if you go through each club at wikipedia ross and lalor are at the renegades and cooper is at the hurricanes along with several other moves,but i dont know how reliable that is because christian,harper among others are not listed at the renegades & the hurricanes squad has about a dozen overseas players listed in theirs,the individual club websites only mention signings & not all of them,marsh to renegades yes,cooper to hurricanes-no,ross and lalor to renegades-no

its shocking & ive searched but cant find anything decent,cricinfo site also has bugger all
7Cricket have updated it somewhere on there facebook

Zahir would be about the 5th best T20 spinner for Afghanistan... will still utterly dominate the Big Bash.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back