BBL Match 20 Adelaide Strikers v Melbourne Stars 1845hrs @ the Adelaide Oval

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd be stunned if he actually said that and didn't mention Bancroft.

Bancroft was pretty poor in most A games it’s a huge question mark on him. Is he one of those that’s too good for Shield but found out any level after that? Good question but that’s why these selectors are paid the money and they usually get it right

This Strikers team surely has the worst bowling attack in Big Bash history?

The Canes attack that got whacked for 270 a couple of years back is truly awful, even compared to the Strikers. I think the Stars should've scored 300+ facing that but think the Canes had basically given up on the season by that point.

Serious question are the bells ringing louder now for Jason Gillespie? Given how passionate South Australian fans are, their bowling squad looks by far the weakest in the comp. Not seeing that the Stars bowling attack is any better.
We're so used to losing that people are barely noticing that we're going bad

42k crowd suggest otherwise. Will the fans speak with their attendances next game?

With the season on the line maybe they bite the bullet to bring in Thornton and/or T Kelly?
Thornton's a bit of a one-trick pony who got found out last season. I guess he can pick up a wicket or two in between being very expensive which is more than what Doggett provides.

Serious question are the bells ringing louder now for Jason Gillespie? Given how passionate South Australian fans are, their bowling squad looks by far the weakest in the comp. Not seeing that the Stars bowling attack is any better.

Everyone blames Nielsen

Didn't see too much last night but none of it surprises me. We won the first 6 NYE matches and have now lost the last 5.

Gillespie's 9th season in charge, time for a change.

I also read we have only won 1 of our last ten games?

I liked how Short said we lost another close one. They won by 5 runs with an over to spare.

We don't have wicket takers. We have taken five wickets in two games including a run out which says it all. I'd play Thornton, just because he can take a wicket even if he goes for 15 an over.

Last edited:
I also read we have only won 1 of our last ten games?

I liked how Short said we lost another one. They won by 5 runs with an over to spare.

We don't have wicket takers. We have taken five wickets in two games including a run out which says it all. I'd play Thornton, just because he can take a wicket even if he goes for 15 an over.

That would be about right, from memory we were 3-0 to start last season and then barely won again after that.

Yeah, I'm not sure what Thornton did wrong really. I see him constantly referred to as a 'one trick pony' which is better than not having any tricks like guys such as Doggett and Manenti. Would expect him to be playing for someone else next season. Bowling lineup needs blowing up but it's hard as half the comp are lacking quality bowlers, Spencer Johnson is the one they've gotta get back somehow.

Back