BBL Game 3 Adelaide Strikers v Brisbane Heat 1845hrs @ the Adelaide Oval

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

SCG and MCG . They were never going to take the derbies away from their traditional grounds. And plus fixturing wise they were always going to be playing each other twice in a reduced season of 40 games.

BBL have adopted a similar AFL draw format where they play every team at least once, and play three teams twice.
So Sixers/Thunder play 5 games at the SCG and the VIC teams will play 5 games at the Dome/MCG?

So Sixers/Thunder play 5 games at the SCG and the VIC teams will play 5 games at the Dome/MCG?
Not quite right

Sixers host 4 home games at the SCG (including one against the Thunder), and their 5th home game is at Coffs Harbour. The Sixers play the Thunder at the Showgrounds as one of their away fixtures.

Stars host 4 home games the MCG (including the derby against Renegades) and their 5th home game is at Albury. They also play an away game at the Docklands against the Renegades. Albury can sort of be considered borderline NSW/VIC.

The fixtures are based on 5 home fixtures and 5 away fixtures.

A breakdown of fixtures by venue/state:

1702107621055.png

Anyone know if there's a reason for this that I'm missing or is it just weird/stupid scheduling?
For me it does seem like stupid scheduling but not as stupid as the WBBL this season where for instance during the season one team had played 4 games, and another team had played 6 games etc

But yeah i agree with your point.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

9pm looks the only chance of it possible stopping raining. What's the latest they can start a 5 over a side match?
18:29 Local Time, 07:59 GMT, 13:29 IST: "No surprises at Adelaide Oval, with the toss being delayed ️. The latest play time is 8:50pm, minimum five overs per side so we are hopefully we’ll see some cricket," is the latest tweet by Adelaide Strikers.

From Cricbuzz

Should play the majority of games in Perth. Easily the best weather for cricket in summer around the country.
Perth is great for double headers, great thing is very rarely gets washed out there. Only one side though based out of it so unfortunately not that many games there.

It'll be one of those summers. Melbourne is raining a lot recently, Sydney is notorious for summer rain. We'll have quite a few shortened games I think.

Meant to be El Nino this year isn't it?

Was expecting a fill summer of cricket with mostly dry skies.

Well that was dogshit. What are the odds of having 12 hours of cricket in 2 different cities being washed out without a ball?

Well that was dogshit. What are the odds of having 12 hours of cricket in 2 different cities being washed out without a ball?
It's the same weather system causing both washouts. If there was a game in Melbourne today it would've been affected as well

Back