BBL Match 43 The Challenger Brisbane Heat v Adelaide Strikers 1910hrs @ Carrara

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm really not worrying about minor things like this tbh. The difference between the two sides is one freak innings (who else has really got going?) and the Heat having a far superior bowling attack. Strikers were always on borrowed time this season, all good to see the best two teams in the final.

Fair enough. Im a neutral so just want to watch good games. Its already bad enough that both teams have terrible batting lineups for finals but then it gets unwatchable when teams dont even do the basics to try and win and just go through the motions without giving it their all tactically.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Score 2 more runs agains the 6ers and we play a home final

Wouldn’t have been at AO though forget where you had nominated your home finals to be held. Only sides that had home finals were Perth, Melbourne and Sydney sides

The batting or the pie shop?
Both. Swear I saw him open the batting at Adelaide oval once
A decent knock from Kelly, a young bloke the Strikers should stick with, has some striking ability.

I don't think so, they aren't that bad.
Gillespie has no idea. He had a great season the year before or last and then he never picked him

Weatherald has made his last 3 50s in pressure situations when any loss sent us packing. Also made 100 in a BBL final. Maybe want to recheck your facts before posting absolute crap next time.

There’s a reason why he doesn’t play every game. He’s a flaky batter and fielder. No fact checking required, thanks though. 👍

Both. Swear I saw him open the batting at Adelaide oval once

Gillespie has no idea. He had a great season the year before or last and then he never picked him

Opened the bowling a few times

D'Arcy Short rank at the time (checking for Strike Rates in the comp) I checked tonight for BBL13, was ranked 69th of all BBL players- thats pretty poor for an opener , a player that gets full use of the powerplays in the opening 4 overs.

Strike rates behind the likes of: de Kock, Vince, Tom Rogers, Caleb Jewell, Labuschagne, Wade, Munro, Hales who all bat in the top 3 in comparison.

I think Adelaide should move on from D'Arcy Short personally and i doubt he can get to the peak of his powers again. Strikes me as a player similar to Stoinis, he will give his 1-2 good games a year. Even the game where he scored 54 off 47 against the Gades this season, one has to question even if that was a great innings.

Back