BBL Match 41 The Qualifier Brisbane Heat v Sydney Sixers 1910hrs @ Carrara

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Another question...has Carrara been ruled out as an alternative to the GABBA during the latter's reconstruction? (as far as cricket is concerned - I know the Lions will go to one of the other ovals)

Big trouble for the Heat now.
Sixers are so professional in the field
Moses field placements are spot on again.
The bowlers bowl great lines to their field placements

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This Is Fine GIF by 100% Soft

The heat

When Dwarshuis gets 4/11 you know it isn't a good batting pitch.

Hughes and Henriques batted a lot better on this pitch than the Heat batsmen so I would say it's more of a Sydney pitch than a Brisbane one.
You need to ask yourself why they batted better? And it’s got nothing to do with it being a Sydney style pitch

For the first 6/7 games I thought the Sixers were a little lucky be sitting in the top 4, they weren't playing very well, but one or two players were popping at the right time to get them over line, but since the victory over the Stars things have started to come together, Henriques has started scoring, as has Phillippe, and Hughes has come in and looked like the best batter in the tournament. Add to that Abbott and Dwarshius finding some form with the ball and Edwards improving with every game and suddenly the Sixers look like they are good enough to go all the way.

Hughes and Henriques batted a lot better on this pitch than the Heat batsmen so I would say it's more a Sydney pitch than a Brisbane one.
One of the Sixer players after the Perth win mentioned that they had played a fair on the Gold Coast during COVID, so they were familiar with the ground. They are playing like a team that knows this ground right now.

I dont think Sixers would have been this good had they played this up at the GABBA thats for sure.

Hughes and Henriques batted a lot better on this pitch than the Heat batsmen so I would say it's more a Sydney pitch than a Brisbane one.

It's not a good pitch though especially for a T20.
Or, more likely, the batted more sensibly and didn't panic when the Sixers were in trouble.

Back