BBL Match 39 Perth Scorchers v Sydney Sixers 1910hrs @ Perth Stadium

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Go harder in the first 10, potentially lose more wickets, score 170 or less. Youre taking 197 every day of the week and to only lose on the last ball after their start only proves that point

Trying to get 10-15 more in the first 10 isn’t asking a lot especially when your top 3 aren’t even run a ball

160* against top of the table

This was a much better wicket than the Brisbane game. Your side weren’t proactive enough early and it cost. Compare that to the way Hughes/Vince batted there’s the game.

This was a much better wicket than the Brisbane game. Your side weren’t proactive enough early and it cost. Compare that to the way Hughes/Vince batted there’s the game.
Im taking 197 every time I bat first at Perth Stadium. I reckon they lost that more with bowling. Its predictable.

Where Scorchers probably went wrong tonight

• Hardie bowling the last over. Anyone but him or the spinner
  • Perth need to have a 6th bowling option. Its a bit too predictable when 5 bowlers are bowling. Opposition teams more than happy to target: Tye, Agar and Hardie.
  • Hardies captaincy got found out a bit too. He will learn from it and get better.

I thought Kelly might of got the nod when Jhye got injured but credit to Hardie took the hard role when required and I though he bowled okay
Id be tempted to give McKenzie a go again especially if Perth progress to the games in Sydney and Gold Coast.

I don't there's a limit on how many fielders can be on the on-side, you just can't have more than 2 behind square, so I think the Scorchers are fine.
I thought the rule was you could have up to only 5 fielders outside the circle?

Scorchers bowled their overs in on time too, so nothing wrong from what I can see.

Remember MJ‘s “you still gotta come through Chicago” line. Sixers came thru Perth and have now taken a huge step towards the title. Even if Scorchers get past Adelaide, they still gotta come through Sydney and their Sydney Cricket Ground either in a prelim or GF. It sadly looks beyond them this year…

I don't think there's a limit on how many fielders can be on the on-side, you just can't have more than 2 behind square, so I think the Scorchers are fine.
There was certainly a limit of 5 leg side fielders last season.

Using only the 5 bowlers was a big mistake. Connolly could've chipped in an over but you'd think Kelly comes in for the Eliminator or whatever it's called for Hobson

Using only the 5 bowlers was a big mistake. Connolly could've chipped in an over but you'd think Kelly comes in for the Eliminator or whatever it's called for Hobson
Hobson batted well against Brisbane

Perth would hate to sell themselves short of a batter.

With Eskinzai injured, I think Hobbo retains his place.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Back