BBL Match 25 Perth Scorchers v Adelaide Strikers 2045hrs @ Perth Stadium

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Neilsens a good keeper.But hes not suited to the T20 game.Dizzy needs an ok keeper thats a dynamic batter.
Is their a current team batsman that can take the gloves.That can also add another bowling all-rounder,spinner.

Last edited:
I love all cricket but Perth people annoy me. They are responsible for test cricket dying off for hit and giggle.
41000 tonight.
Perth and WA fans from the crowd figures care more parochial towards their local cricket than the national team.

Perth Scorchers are more popular than the Australian national team in WA and thats a fact. No other state or city in Australia is like that. I Have spent time in: QLD, VIC and NSW.

Im along the Kane Cornes line of thinking Test cricket is in danger because of T20 cricket. Outside the big 3 nations and its because of the greed , that has let to the dawnfall of other countries.

And dare I say it if it was a Perth Scorchers v Australia game at Perth Stadium in T20, there would be 45000+ fans supporting Orange over the canary yellow. Yep, more than any other state, there has always been this love- hate relationship between WA and the Eastern States. Always was, and always will be.

I also attended the game tonight and noticed Min Woo Lee and Oscar Allen at the game. Did anyone else see that?

They were panned on camera on the big screens at the ground.

I think that's one win from the past 10 games for the Strikers plus the washout.

I don't see how Dizzy survives in the role at seasons end.

Strikers are last despite having the reigning MVP in M. Short and supposed BBL GOAT in Lynn.

Good thing we play them again in 48 hours time.
Well yeah and both are doing their job, our bowling has just been sub par overall without Rashid. Boyce has been decent, Overton not too bad, but it gets thin after that with Wes out of form. Thornton looked good in his return last night which is promising.

Well yeah and both are doing their job, our bowling has just been sub par overall without Rashid. Boyce has been decent, Overton not too bad, but it gets thin after that with Wes out of form. Thornton looked good in his return last night which is promising.

The lack of wickets from guys like Boyce is causing some of the issues at the end of the innings for the bowlers. He has been economical though.

I would of chased another spin option as a replacement for Rashid rather than Payne. As an international he hasn't been much better than some of our local fast bowlers.

I think that's one win from the past 10 games for the Strikers plus the washout.

I don't see how Dizzy survives in the role at seasons end.
The finger also needs to be very much pointed at Tim Nielsen. He runs the whole show and picks the team and squad. Gillespie actually does bugger-all and both deserve to go. However, Dizzy's mates in the commentary box/boys' club will protect him. People like this (not unlike politicians) will continue to fail upwards. The whole place needs a big clean-out.

The finger also needs to be very much pointed at Tim Nielsen. He runs the whole show and picks the team and squad. Gillespie actually does bugger-all and both deserve to go. However, Dizzy's mates in the commentary box/boys' club will protect him. People like this (not unlike politicians) will continue to fail upwards. The whole place needs a big clean-out.

Too true, I had to laugh when I read Mark Coagrive was the SACA talent pathways coach.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I also attended the game tonight and noticed Min Woo Lee and Oscar Allen at the game. Did anyone else see that?

They were panned on camera on the big screens at the ground.
Allen was interviewed by Ch7 and Min Woo Lee was interviewed by them the previous game

Morris being around the Australian set up has done him wonders.
Since returning he’s looked a far better bowler, good talent spotting by the selectors.
He’s matured a lot and just entered the prime. It’s about time he actually gets a debut for Australia

Dizzy in interview on return from Perth: "We've just got to be better". Blinding insight! Sounds like he's taking inspiration from the Hinkley coaching manual (a rather thin volume). At this rate he'll be in the job for just as long with just as much success.

Back