BBL Match 35 Perth Scorchers v Brisbane Heat 1545hrs @ Perth Stadium

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Scorchers from, Ashton Agar, Jason Behrendorff, Cooper Connolly, Aaron Hardie, Nick Hobson, Josh Inglis, Matthew Kelly, Mitch Marsh, Hamish McKenzie, Lance Morris, Jhye Richardson, Ashton Turner, Andrew Tye, Sam Whiteman, Zak Crawley, Laurie Evans
Heat from, Usman Khawaja, Xavier Bartlett, Josh Brown, Max Bryant, Spencer Johnson, Matthew Kuhnemann, Marnus Labuschagne, Michael Neser, Jimmy Peirson, Will Prestwidge, Matthew Renshaw, Mitchell Swepson, Colin Munro, Sam Billings, Paul Walter, Jack Wildermuth

Fox directive, since both games are exclusive to them?

Would've thought it made more sense to move the Melbourne game an hour earlier and play this one after? A Saturday arvo Melbourne derby would've worked OK too.

I'm not complaining because I have stuff all on today but just doesn't make sense.

Would've thought it made more sense to move the Melbourne game an hour earlier and play this one after? A Saturday arvo Melbourne derby would've worked OK too.

I'm not complaining because I have stuff all on today but just doesn't make sense.

I suspect that whoever in charge of the fixtures at CA has never actually been to Perth in January. Every game should be a 6pm start at the earliest.

Nice scheduling you utter arseclowns.

Backed out of going to this thanks to the heat (41 degrees, not Brisbane), great scheduling CA.

I hope they covered the pitch because there were some heavy thunderstorms last night.

Odd scheduling since everyone in WA works on weekends, poor people.

Hoping for a competitive game.
Mate its 41 degrees over here which is why this is stupid fixturing.

No idea why they couldnt play the melb derby at 430 est and have us start at 5 WST

Mate its 41 degrees over here which is why this is stupid fixturing.

No idea why they couldnt play the melb derby at 430 est and have us start at 5 WST

I am messing around but you can't seriously think they know it going to be 41 degrees today when they scheduled this?

They would have been hoping that the Melbourne derby would be a big event and draw the biggest crowds (doubt it) and ratings (perhaps).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am messing around but you can't seriously think they know it going to be 41 degrees today when they scheduled this?

They would have been hoping that the Melbourne derby would be a big event and draw the biggest crowds (doubt it) and ratings (perhaps).
It is Perth, we do get a bit hot in January so scheduling a 20/20 at 1pm is bloody stupid.

Why they wouldnt have us as the late game to maximise crowds is stupid.

Going to be a steamy one today.

With top spot sown up, will be interesting to see if Heat play their internationals or give the "reserve" players a run.

They have done exactly this. 4 changes, including McSweeney going from being dropped to captaining the side. What has happened to the Heat recently? They've turned into a competent Cricket team.

I suspect that whoever in charge of the fixtures at CA has never actually been to Perth in January. Every game should be a 6pm start at the earliest.

Nice scheduling you utter arseclowns.
They've never played a Scorchers home game before 3pm in the history of the Big Bash until now

And they set it for mid January on a 41 degree day

What a bunch of ******* idiots

Just realised this game is on now. What kind of crack addict schedules a midday game in Perth in the middle of summer?

It is Perth, we do get a bit hot in January so scheduling a 20/20 at 1pm is bloody stupid.

Why they wouldnt have us as the late game to maximise crowds is stupid.

At the time they would have been hoping for an event like last night for the Melbourrne derby. Perth and Brisbane are smaller markets so......

Not defending the decision but trying to think through the why.

Going to be a steamy one today.

With top spot sown up, will be interesting to see if Heat play their internationals or give the "reserve" players a run.
All their internationals are finished for the rest of the tournament. Same across the entire tournament; UAE and SAf leagues pay more. Plus the Windies Test series takes back the likes of Marnus, Usman, Smith and Carey.

This XI is the side Brisbane will roll out in the finals.

All their internationals are finished for the rest of the tournament. Same across the entire tournament; UAE and SAf leagues pay more. Plus the Windies Test series takes back the likes of Marnus, Usman, Smith and Carey.

This XI is the side Brisbane will roll out in the finals.
Pretty sure they will lose Renshaw to the tests.
Not sure about Paul Walter.

Pretty sure they will lose Renshaw to the tests.
Not sure about Paul Walter.
Nah, Renshaw is cleared to play for the rest of the tournament unless there's an injury to Smith/Ussy/Marnus/Head/Green/Marsh in the next three days.
Second Test takes place after the BBL final (which is on a Wednesday, of all days) .

Back