BBL Match 32 Brisbane Heat v Perth Scorchers 1910hrs @ the Gabba

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

The tournament is still a joke if sides lose 2-4 players for the finals. Cricket Australia has to address this ridiculous situation.

Test cricket should always be the priority what do you want them to do? It’s just a domestic t20 comp but of fun to watch at night that’s all

Test cricket should always be the priority what do you want them to do? It’s just a domestic t20 comp but of fun to watch at night that’s all

T20 cricket is all simply a domestic comps. We have to get it out if our heads it must be run over Xmas new year. That’s our test season as you say. Start it late Jan and finish in 4 weeks.

T20 cricket is all simply a domestic comps. We have to get it out if our heads it must be run over Xmas new year. That’s our test season as you say. Start it late Jan and finish in 4 weeks.
But you still got the backend of the Marsh Cup, Shield & generally some international ODI's & T20's to fit in as well during that time.

On Redmi Note 8 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app

But you still got the backend of the Marsh Cup, Shield & generally some international ODI's & T20's to fit in as well during that time.

On Redmi Note 8 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app

There will always be something but the other t20 comps are not being effected as ours is. It’s poor planning.
The product is good and the fans will attend no matter when it’s on.
It can never grow when you can’t play your best team in the finals. Make it do the comp ends when all the good players are available.

If I'm Brisbane I'm definitely playing Prestwidge, Wood, Wildermuth, Bryant and Peirson in the last two games. Better to get them game time now in case they're needed for finals. Something like:

Brown/Munro (game 1/2)
Bryant
McSweeney
Renshaw/Billings
Peirson
Walter/Neser
Wildermuth
Bartlett/Johnson
Prestwidge
Wood
Kuhnemann/Swepson

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You do realise what dominates TV then right- the Aus Open is on. They have got the time right they have to play it during school holidays mainly

If I'm Brisbane I'm definitely playing Prestwidge, Wood, Wildermuth, Bryant and Peirson in the last two games. Better to get them game time now in case they're needed for finals. Something like:

Brown/Munro (game 1/2)
Bryant
McSweeney
Renshaw/Billings
Peirson
Walter/Neser
Wildermuth
Bartlett/Johnson
Prestwidge
Wood
Kuhnemann/Swepson
Agree with getting games into the batters, but don't think there's any point with the bowlers. They'll all be available and have been doing a great job.

Guessing the XI for finals will be Brown, Bryant, McSweeney, Renshaw*, Peirson, Walter, Neser, Bartlett, Johnson, Kuhnemann, Swepson.

*Renshaw said he might be available, if it's not him, it'll be a grade cricket batter.

Going to take something special from the bowlers. I get that there's no easy solution but it's pretty insulting as a viewer having a team be the clear standout team in the comp and lose their 3 best batters (excluding Khawaja and Labuschagne given they've hardly played anyway) for finals.

Perth getting away with having Agar at 7 for a very long time now . 16 avg @ 116 SR isn’t good enough for no 7 at any level . He is batting at least one spot or even two high and Perth needs an extra bat. Can’t win always with batting ending at 5

Doesn't solve much, we then lose all the internationals for the whole tournament instead of just the finals

There is a SA and a UAE comp that run now

Generally we play white ball cricket in Feb too, after the Test Summer, so we still lose players to that, arguably better white ball players will be lost from the league, for example (if you base it off this seasons squad), Scorchers would lose Inglis, Hardie, Richardson and Morris from their team as the white ball stuff starts

Perth getting away with having Agar at 7 for a very long time now . 16 avg @ 116 SR isn’t good enough for no 7 at any level . He is batting at least one spot or even two high and Perth needs an extra bat. Can’t win always with batting ending at 5
We have too many good bowlers and not enough batters, arguably we could run one less bowler and make Hardie (or Turner usually) pickup the 4 overs

The problem is that we are already leaving out a Tye/Dorf/Morris each game (not to mention Kelly isn't even getting a look in)

It also doesn't help that 2 of our all rounders (Marsh/Green) are missing but we knew that before the Summer. Basically it just comes back on having too many good bowlers and its hard to not play them

Brown/Munro (game 1/2)
Bryant
McSweeney
Renshaw/Billings
Peirson
Walter/Neser
Wildermuth
Bartlett/Johnson
Prestwidge
Wood
Kuhnemann/Swepson

Wood got his contract back this season due to dominating the Qld Premier Cricket T20 comp with the bat. He is a batsman that can chip in for a few overs these days. Bats top 5 in grade cricket across all formats, if he plays he isn't going to be batting 9. I'd say he is a pretty similar player to Nikhil Chaudhary so might bat 5-7 if they play him depending on who is available for the Heat.

Last edited:
Agree with getting games into the batters, but don't think there's any point with the bowlers. They'll all be available and have been doing a great job.

Guessing the XI for finals will be Brown, Bryant, McSweeney, Renshaw*, Peirson, Walter, Neser, Bartlett, Johnson, Kuhnemann, Swepson.

*Renshaw said he might be available, if it's not him, it'll be a grade cricket batter.

Going to take something special from the bowlers. I get that there's no easy solution but it's pretty insulting as a viewer having a team be the clear standout team in the comp and lose their 3 best batters (excluding Khawaja and Labuschagne given they've hardly played anyway) for finals.
Injuries are a thing mate. Better to have them prepared. If Johnson gets injured in the second semi do you want someone coming in off 0 BBL games?
Wood got his contract back this season due to dominating the Qld Premier Cricket T20 comp with the bat. He is a batsman that can chip in for a few overs these days. Bats top 5 in grade cricket across all formats, if he plays he isn't going to be batting 9. I'd say he is a pretty similar player to Nikhil Chaudhary so might bat 5-7 if they play him depending on who is available for the Heat.
He was listed as a bowler on cricinfo, just put him there because of that. Slide him up to 6/7/8 below Peirson and amongst Wildermuth/Walter/Neser

The 4/5 spot is a bit of a worry, will they look to bring in an international replacement?

Brisbane win and their prize is...to host a final in not Brisbane. CA really is a clusterf*** of an organisation.

Edit: Yes I am aware it's because of the test. It's just depressing how poor the overall scheduling is that it can lead to clashes like this. Though, maybe I'm just disappointed because my interest in Big Bash has declined massively over the years and every time I try to get interested, going to games and getting even a little invested that something jarring like that usually comes along and pulls me out of caring.

Long story short ignore this self-defeating whinge. Just me being sulky

Last edited:
Brisbane win and their prize is...to host a final in not Brisbane. CA really is a clusterf*** of an organisation.

Edit: Yes I am aware it's because of the test. It's just depressing how poor the overall scheduling is that it can lead to clashes like this. Though, maybe I'm just disappointed because my interest in Big Bash has declined massively over the years and every time I try to get interested, going to games and getting even a little invested that something jarring like that usually comes along and pulls me out of caring.

Long story short ignore this self-defeating whinge. Just me being sulky
When would you have liked the Test matches/BBL Finals to be played?

Back