BBL Match 29 Brisbane Heat v Hobart Hurricanes 1845hrs @ the Gabba

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Jfc. That is a nonsensical shot from McDermott. No need to start swinging, run rate isn’t that bad and there’s a power surge over to come. Pathetic.

The lack of a rain buffer in the BBL really cheeses me off. A 15 minute delay and 4 overs lost. I’m not saying play till midnight, but losing overs because of a small delay is a blatant and egregious disregard to the paying public.

Need a possible change of rules like a 20 minute buffer or say 6 minutes for every over lost.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is what the CA website is telling us.
Hobart Hurricanes need 44 runs from 30 balls (D/L Method). RRR: 6.56

It's got the runs/deliveries right, but the RRR is still based on Hobart chasing 133 off 20.

The lack of a rain buffer in the BBL really cheeses me off. A 15 minute delay and 4 overs lost. I’m not saying play till midnight, but losing overs because of a small delay is a blatant and egregious disregard to the paying public.

Need a possible change of rules like a 20 minute buffer or say 6 minutes for every over lost.

Why not play until midnight, if you can be reasonably sure of getting the overs in? Weather technology is pretty good now, radars and the like, so we should have a decent idea what rain is around.
At the very least, we should have an extra couple of hours available. The insistence on a 9:30 finish is laughable.

If you restrict a side to 130 you deserve more than having to chase 8 an over after 10 minutes of rain. It works both ways.

The advantage was starting the innings only needing 6.5. That’s the advantage

Why not play until midnight, if you can be reasonably sure of getting the overs in? Weather technology is pretty good now, radars and the like, so we should have a decent idea what rain is around.
At the very least, we should have an extra couple of hours available. The insistence on a 9:30 finish is laughable.

Needs to be done by 11pm honestly so many kids there they can’t be getting to bed at midnight plus

Who's holding a gun to the head of parents to keep them there?

Integrity of the game > kiddies bed time

Then parents won’t take them. Simple solution start at 6:20pm or 6:30 at the latest

Back